Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

inb4 some small never heard of before company buys all the 600, then it's like a face reveal to be Masa and the gang

Question is how much would a 10x10 FDD or 15x15 FDD slice be?

In addition, I am going to keep track of bidding by geographic locations that Sprint currently does not reside. I am interested if they want to expand service.  With 600 and 800, it would be very possible.

• Like 2

Question is how much would a 10x10 FDD or 15x15 FDD slice be?

That of course depends on the market and how many people are fighting over the same slice. In urban markets where T-Mo doesn't hold any band 12, it's easily gonna shoot into tens if not hundreds of millions.

• Like 1

Boy T-Mobile has had a week. First they are pushed up to #3 BUT that has been over shadowed by the labor stuff and now the FCC voted against them on the 40mhz of reserved spectrum. What's next? Maybe the parent company will come to the rescue now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Boy T-Mobile has had a week. First they are pushed up to #3 BUT that has been over shadowed by the labor stuff and now the FCC voted against them on the 40mhz of reserved spectrum. What's next? Maybe the parent company will come to the rescue now.

I think that DT will back T-Mobile in the 600mhz auction. I'm pretty sure they are having secret meetings about it. Especially when Softbank is buying 1 billion dollars worth of stocks back

Sent from my Nexus 6

I'll be in San Diego for a wedding for a week. Excited to see what it is now from the days of awful 3G.

Not good generally. One 25 carrier, overloaded in much of SD proper, little b41 and site spacing and the large number of untouched or 3G only sites makes lte really spoty in areas.

Can you PLEASE work on parsing down your posts? The on and on is excessively tiresome. It truly is. Please, by all means, make your point. But clearly and CONCISELY. And then move on about your day.

Normally I paragraph my posts better than that one, but I was in a hurry and didn't have the time I usually have to edit things, which I typically do when I post.

However, instead of criticizing, just skip over if it bothers you. Sometimes people can't write out posts as well as they should, which this was one of those times when I couldn't. I had a serious personal situation occur right after making that post and I couldn't go back to edit my hurried post.

• Like 2

Normally I paragraph my posts better than that one, but I was in a hurry and didn't have the time I usually have to edit things, which I typically do when I post.

However, instead of criticizing, just skip over if it bothers you. Sometimes people can't write out posts as well as they should, which this was one of those times when I couldn't. I had a serious personal situation occur right after making that post and I couldn't go back to edit my hurried post.

Still your post are ridiculously long.  This hasn't been the first time someone call you out.  If you are mobile, some of your posts are freaking ridiculous to skim past.

• Like 2

Still your post are ridiculously long. This hasn't been the first time someone call you out. If you are mobile, some of your posts are freaking ridiculous to skim past.

Not a big deal to skip if you desire.

• Like 2

This isn't the place to be complaining about someones writing style and edicate, or lack there of. Take it to private messages or flag it for the staff to deal with. This thread may wonder off topic and has become kind of a catch all thread, but that's no where near close.

• Like 5

I hope you like terrible troubleshooting assistance and horrendous customer service, because that's all you're going to get from Comcast. Also, forget about renting a modem from them. You're better off buying a modem at Best Buy or online than dealing with their equipment.

I realize Comcast isn't much better than AT&T and in some ways in certain areas, one is better than the other. However, I'm hoping that instead of having to switch companies at home, I can move in my aunt's sooner than next year, as she already has Comcast Xfinity, which she has had for several years with very few issues.

Yet, she has the internet directly connected to her computer, instead of using wifi. So, likely I'll take your advice and purchase a wireless gateway modem/router from best buy and hopefully do the installation of it myself.

Still your post are ridiculously long. This hasn't been the first time someone call you out. If you are mobile, some of your posts are freaking ridiculous to skim past.

For the most part, I've done pretty well making my posts shorter than they use to be. Every so often though, they will be a bit longer, and that is something that is unavoidable if there is more to respond to.

I admit though that the one post here you complained about wasn't paragraphed as well as usual. I'm here trying to take my mind off of a serious personal situation I'm dealing with, and while that isn't an excuse to misuse the site, I'm far from doing so here, just that I'm not going to be able to be as precise about things as I normally try to be.

Besides, I was responding on topic with that thread and I agree that issues such as my writing style or anyone's for that matter, is best dealt via pm or reported to staff. So please stop writing about it here as I will do now too, as long as no one continues this towards me here. I'd really like to move on also.

One more note, I'm at my aunt's right now and really wish I had Sprint. T-Mobile is a dead zone here, except for right by the window. I'm sitting on the couch holding the device up on the top of it, very difficult to type. Sprint definitely worked better in this area. If I had GoogleFi, I'd certainly test it. I'm pretty sure Sprint would be the connection with it.

• Like 2

One more note, I'm at my aunt's right now and really wish I had Sprint. T-Mobile is a dead zone here, except for right by the window. I'm sitting on the couch holding the device up on the top of it, very difficult to type. Sprint definitely worked better in this area. If I had GoogleFi, I'd certainly test it. I'm pretty sure Sprint would be the connection with it.

Thank you for proving my point and to better point out I apologize for commenting on the length.  Most of us here appreciate your somewhat wild views.

Also it proves to you no provider is perfect. Realize this when you come back to sprint or going to att/big red. Nothing will meet your needs in every location. FACT.

Sent from my iPhone 6 64GB using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Thank you for proving my point and to better point out I apologize for commenting on the length. Most of us here appreciate your somewhat wild views.

Also it proves to you no provider is perfect. Realize this when you come back to sprint or going to att/big red. Nothing will meet your needs in every location. FACT.

Sent from my iPhone 6 64GB using Tapatalk

I definitely admit to having wild views, and not just about the cell phone industry, but on other issues too, though I don't talk about them here, just as many people here have differing views on issues outside of cell tech. Yet, we keep that offsite, as S4GRU is a place for Sprint and cell tech discussion.

The few times when I do mention something going on in my life, such as my health or a situation going on in my life, usually is to explain why my cell phone needs, issues, etc. are different than what many people here are use to thinking of when someone plans to shop for a phone or service. Also, my posts here are affected by those issues also, which I feel is good to be upfront on that, as I did here today about my post from yesterday.

Anyways, it definitely is a fact about location with signal strength and all of the other intricacies of cell phone technology. I'm baffled by it even now just sitting on the couch. In this one spot, I get 2-3 bars of LTE. If I move just less than 1ft away, it drops down to EDGE. It would be nice if I had a second camera phone to video record the ZTE ZMAX doing this.

• Like 1

It was nice to see Masa admitting that at one point he was skeptical, but with the way Sprint has turned things around he's even more confident that when they initially acquired Sprint. It's s huge sign for consumers who actually stay informed.

I think he wanted to sell Sprint when he realized he couldn't have both Sprint and T-Mobile. As soon as Sprint and SoftBank acquisition finalized all he kept talking about was merging with T-Mobile. I'm glad he's more hands on now than he was a couple years ago

• Like 4

I posted in the T-Mobile thread about this, but as it also is somewhat relevant to Sprint, I'll post the article here as well :

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/6/9108663/fcc-600mhz-reserve-votes-against-tmobile

Also, I wrote in that thread how I'd like to see Sprint get 20x20 of the 600mhz spectrum, and possibly use 5x5 of it for CDMA, if any of the PCS currently is being used for it. I'd like to see all of the PCS band freed up so that all of it can be used for LTE, especially if it can be aggregated to function like 15x15. That depends if this is possible and if I'm not mistaken about the band CDMAvis currently being used. I think I heard it was PCS, though it may be on 800mhz.

Speaking of 800mhz, could it be aggregated with 600mhz, in the case Sprint doesn't buy as much of the 600mhz as I would like for them to do?

I love that someone bolded "spark" in my post before.

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

*Cough Cough* Robert, he even claimed credit for it :P

• Like 1

I posted in the T-Mobile thread about this, but as it also is somewhat relevant to Sprint, I'll post the article here as well :

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/6/9108663/fcc-600mhz-reserve-votes-against-tmobile

Also, I wrote in that thread how I'd like to see Sprint get 20x20 of the 600mhz spectrum, and possibly use 5x5 of it for CDMA, if any of the PCS currently is being used for it. I'd like to see all of the PCS band freed up so that all of it can be used for LTE, especially if it can be aggregated to function like 15x15. That depends if this is possible and if I'm not mistaken about the band CDMAvis currently being used. I think I heard it was PCS, though it may be on 800mhz.

Speaking of 800mhz, could it be aggregated with 600mhz, in the case Sprint doesn't buy as much of the 600mhz as I would like for them to do?

We have a 600MHz thread for this

http://www.s4gru.com...ayed-until-2016

A new low in media bias against Sprint :

http://bgr.com/2015/08/06/why-is-sprints-lte-network-so-slow/

That article is the prime example of taking previous article and not comprehending it and writing what you think was said.

That article is the prime example of taking previous article and not comprehending it and writing what you think was said.

Not even what you think was said, but what you wanted to hear.

• Like 4

Not even what you think was said, but what you wanted to hear.

Even better! +1000

BGR is just terrible. Don't even bother with them

Do not be too hard on the Beaver, Ward.  He is only a boy.  And he is a genius!

AJ

• Like 6