iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

1. Yes.

2. No, but it will be when I turn it in.

3. No. The screen is in perfect condition and the phone is literally 2 months old 

:) 8 am here I come. They're opening the store an hour early on friday. I plan on being one of the first few customers. 

When I traded in my 5 on friday morning, they had to look up the IMEI to make sure it was not bad. That was it.

I had a few dents as well but they took it.

• Like 1

I am legit surprised that the phone is so popular.....I think we have a lot of android people with bigger phones like the note, switching over....As an iPhone user, I am going to be okay with the 6, but the 6+ is still to big enough for me. 

Yeah I'm going with the 6 instead of the 6+.  The N5/G2 is about as big as I would ever want to go.  The 6+ just looks incredibly big with the top and bottom bezels. 

I need to make some calls this evening and decide which store I am going to at open.  I hope the one that I drive by on my way to work everyday will have some 6's for grabs.

Yeah I'm going with the 6 instead of the 6+.  The N5/G2 is about as big as I would ever want to go.  The 6+ just looks incredibly big with the top and bottom bezels. 

I need to make some calls this evening and decide which store I am going to at open.  I hope the one that I drive by on my way to work everyday will have some 6's for grabs.

I held my friend's Nexus 5 the other day without a case. Since the phones are almost the same height except for .1 mm difference, and the 6 will be a little slimmer due to the screen being 4.7" instead of 5", I think I will be able to manage just fine. I liked how big the screen was, and to be honest, was jealous of the extra room for activities. 

I can not wait to get the 6. That and I'm going to test the hell out of spark. Pretty sure my campus has a clearwire site...so I look forward to seeing how it works there. 

Just realized I won't be able to *easily check LTE bands when this phone comes in. Here's to hoping Field Test Mode still works and allows us to at least view numerical signal strength rather than "balls" of LTE.

If you got an iPhone 6, you a baller.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

That's cool.  I may hold on to my 5 as a back up just in case the new phone breaks.

I just looked up my order from Saturday on Sprint.  As expected, no shipping date or status update.  I kind of expected it though.

I still don't have a confirmation number of my preorder. I am getting super nervous.

This is normal for Sprint preorders.  When I preordered the 5 two years ago, I finally got a tracking number on Thursday afternoon and the phone showed up Friday.

• Like 1

This is normal for Sprint preorders. When I preordered the 5 two years ago, I finally got a tracking number on Thursday afternoon and the phone showed up Friday.

But when you ordered, what was the expected arrival?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warning if you are on Framily and do the iPhone for life lease.  They consider it a discount and charge you the $15 Framily fee.  I ordered my wifes phone on the lease and today the $15 charge started showing on my acct.  Working with chat now but so far they are not moving.  Nothing was stated while placing the order this would be the case.

I should note I moved to Framily while they were making exceptions to the fee, not sure if that is part of this.  Technically I am still under a contract from my last upgrade but I had never been charged the fee.

Update:  Finally got a chat rep to remove the fee.  Said it was a glitch in the system.  I will be keeping a close eye on my acct the next few days.

Is 4-6 weeks really 4-6 weeks? Sprint is going to take back my easy pay Galaxy S5 even though its a couple days past 14 days. So I'm ordering the iPhone 6 Plus today...lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

• Like 2

Is 4-6 weeks really 4-6 weeks? Sprint is going to take back my easy pay Galaxy S5 even though its a couple days past 14 days. So I'm ordering the iPhone 6 Plus today...lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

From what I have been reading, this probably will be the case with the 6+.  It seems that the 6+ preorders were much higher than the 6 so I would not be surprised if the wait is not longer than the current estimated time.

It looks like the 6 will have stock in stores.

Per sprints website regarding shipping, iPhone 6 Gold (all sizes), will be available for delivery on Sept. 19th.  Very excited. (I don't know if the link will work). iPhone 6 silver and gray 16gb are delayed up to three weeks.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc8320009prd&deviceSKUId=84500209&flow=AAL&planSKUId=&ptn=&tabId=dt_phones&defaultContractTerm=

But when you ordered, what was the expected arrival?

I ordered early enough on the first preorder day that I expected to get it launch day. Same thing this year. I noticed on the order status page that all iphone 6 16gb silver and grey models ordered before Saturday at 5pm are expected to show up on Friday.

Product ID Description Qty. Order Date Tracking #

885909971671 IPHONE 6P GRAY 64GB KIT 1 2014-09-12

Status: Your pre-order for the 64GB iPhone 6 Plus is at our warehouse. Orders placed prior to 11:00 am CT on 9/12 will ship in up to 3 weeks from order date. Orders placed after that will ship in 4 to 6 weeks from order date. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience. For the latest shipping timelines, visit sprint.com/preorder.

Since it shows my order as "at our warehouse", does this mean I might actually have a chance of mine being delivered on Friday? I finally was able to get my order in about 4:45 AM on Friday.

Status: Your pre-order for the 64GB iPhone 6 Plus is at our warehouse. Orders placed prior to 11:00 am CT on 9/12 will ship in up to 3 weeks from order date. Orders placed after that will ship in 4 to 6 weeks from order date. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience. For the latest shipping timelines, visit sprint.com/preorder.

Since it shows my order as "at our warehouse", does this mean I might actually have a chance of mine being delivered on Friday? I finally was able to get my order in about 4:45 AM on Friday.

I do not think so, I think it will all depend on how many units sprint has to ship this week. My order says the same thing and I had my order in with two hours of going on sale.

Unfortunately I don't think you can hope for anything more than getting it within the first 3 weeks...

I do not think so, I think it will all depend on how many units sprint has to ship this week. My order says the same thing and I had my order in with two hours of going on sale.

I had mine in by 3:10AM (ET), got the confirmation at 3:14AM. It still says 4-6 weeks until arrival.

Ordered the iPhone 6 Plus 128 Gb Gold model for my wife and hoping it ships on release day or soon after.. I'm thinking maybe the 128 Gb model will be more readily available .. If not I guess it's not that big a deal

Per sprints website regarding shipping, iPhone 6 Gold (all sizes), will be available for delivery on Sept. 19th. Very excited. (I don't know if the link will work). iPhone 6 silver and gray 16gb are delayed up to three weeks.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc8320009prd&deviceSKUId=84500209&flow=AAL&planSKUId=&ptn=&tabId=dt_phones&defaultContractTerm=

That's for new orders probably.

Ordered the iPhone 6 Plus 128 Gb Gold model for my wife and hoping it ships on release day or soon after.. I'm thinking maybe the 128 Gb model will be more readily available ..

But you have to keep in mind that they also make less 128gb models ;)