iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

But you have to keep in mind that they also make less 128gb models ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll see.. Either way it's coming.. Last year the 64gb model was more available and they were also the top tier priced and they made less of those as well.. So it's hard to say..

• Like 1

Your iPhone 5 will receive it's iOS 8 upgrade on Wednesday the 17th!

Don't want to upgrade my 5 since I would lose my jailbreak on it. I will have to have to wait a few weeks till I can order a 6+. Until than I hope to see many screen shots.

I'm not really that bothered if it doesn't get to me Friday.  iOS 8 comes out tomorrow and can tide me over until my 6 arrives.  I do want to get some kind of notification from Sprint soon, as if I'm not getting it I'm going to the farm earlier.

I'm not really that bothered if it doesn't get to me Friday. iOS 8 comes out tomorrow and can tide me over until my 6 arrives. I do want to get some kind of notification from Sprint soon, as if I'm not getting it I'm going to the farm earlier.

I already put the golden master of iOS 8 on my 5s and I've been liking it so far. I've had iOS 8 for about a month now at least so it's worn off on me. I just want the phone to get here so I can play around with it and see how it does for signal strength and speed compared to my 5s.
  • Like 2

So, Sprint's buyback match offer is only for new customers, right?

Not true.  In fact you can go to their buyback site right now and see they are already matching the T-Mobile prices.  You can even do the transaction there and lock in the pricing if you want.

https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/cns/?ECID=vanity:buyback

So if my order does not ship today, I am guessing I will not get it on Friday. Hope I do not burn up my mouse hitting the refresh button!

Not really.  My past preorder with sprint did not update until the night before delivery.  It was delivered on the promised day.  If your order says the 19th, there is no reason not to expect it on the 19th. 

I already put the golden master of iOS 8 on my 5s and I've been liking it so far. I've had iOS 8 for about a month now at least so it's worn off on me. I just want the phone to get here so I can play around with it and see how it does for signal strength and speed compared to my 5s.

My gf's 5C has been running like a dog since I put the GM on. Facebook scrolls super slow and freezes, same with safari. Apps will lock for 5-10 seconds then unfreeze randomly. I'm hoping it's just because the apps have not been updated for iOS8 yet. Have you noticed any of this?

• Like 1

My gf's 5C has been running like a dog since I put the GM on. Facebook scrolls super slow and freezes, same with safari. Apps will lock for 5-10 seconds then unfreeze randomly. I'm hoping it's just because the apps have not been updated for iOS8 yet. Have you noticed any of this?

Exaxctly the same has happened to me. I didn't notice it at first, but apps have just been freezing and unfreezing. Tapatalk becomes unusable sometimes requiring a restart of the app. This better be fixed by tomorrow. 

Exaxctly the same has happened to me. I didn't notice it at first, but apps have just been freezing and unfreezing. Tapatalk becomes unusable sometimes requiring a restart of the app. This better be fixed by tomorrow.

I figure there will either be an 8.0.1 update in less than a week, Or all of these non-compliant apps will be updated in a mass wave tomorrow.

Interesting in the second link that it states that existing customers who preordered the 6 could have it sooner than Friday.  I just can't see Apple allowing that to happen...

• Like 2

I'm not blaming either - it could be either one. We won't know until it is officially released.

It has to be an issue with the app. Probably just not completely iOS 8 compatible yet. I understand completely....and hope that the apps are updated tomorrow to remedy these issues because they make the apps unusable.

I had this issue with beta 4 and thought it was my wifi...and it kinda was. It was timing out (if you will). My iMessages would send as texts instead of iMessage. Pages would pause, and then load a 5-10 seconds later. It was odd. Is odd. Hope they fix it.

Does Sprint require the charger, lightning cable, etc. to be turned with the iPhone for a trade-in, or do they just want the phone?

Thanks!

Litterally just need the phone and battery if the phone model has a removable battery for a full buyback.
  • Like 4

Not really.  My past preorder with sprint did not update until the night before delivery.  It was delivered on the promised day.  If your order says the 19th, there is no reason not to expect it on the 19th.

Mine never gave me a day. Just said up to three weeks. Haven't heard anyone say that have a specific delivery date for the 6 plus. My order was in within two hours of going on sale. Just do not know if that made any difference or not. Haven't found any info about sprint shipping anything yet.