Sprint Reportedly Bowing Out of T-Mobile Bid (was "Sprint offer" and "Iliad" threads)

thepowerofdonuts

Here's an actual real world example of T-Mobiles network outside of major cities. I found this on Twitter and thought you would enjoy.

First one this morning all excited he got TMobile.

Hours later when he finds out they provide no coverage in his area.

Just because Garrett got a new mistress, doesn't mean she is going to put out!

Robert

• Like 13

^ LMAO at the tweet

I wonder what John Rumpelstiltskin Legere is going to tweet now over this FCC claim.

I just can't see how Masa still finds this guy in high regards. Especially when he continues to belittle Sprint in tweets and acts like a jerk. Now with this accusation, its best to leave T-Mobile to its own demise, forget this merger and just concentrate on shoring up Sprint.

• Like 7

Here's an actual real world example of T-Mobiles network outside of major cities. I found this on Twitter and thought you would enjoy.

First one this morning all excited he got TMobile.

Hours later when he finds out they provide no coverage in his area.

How did they even allow him to sign up for service?

I hope this merger gets burned to the ground. I would much rather see sprint have it's come back by working hard, than by acquiring tmobile. It's alright though, tmobile a reputation will continue. A few hashtags and a tweet here and there and the followers will be screaming like girls at a Jonas brothers concert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

The funny part is that Pratt, Ks has Sprint LTE

I believe Pratt has two bands of Sprint LTE now.  And they have low frequency spectrum too.  Which Tmo couldn't deploy there even if they wanted to add service in Pratt.  Unlimited Sprint LTE would be the best bet for this guy.  What on earth does he want?

Robert

• Like 7

<snip>

I'm actually more optimistic about a stand alone Sprint now than I have at any point since the deal with SoftBank closed. If Tmo is firing across Sprint's bow again, it's because they realize they are having to compete again with them.

</snip>

Boy, do I agree with that! Probably shared this before - was a faithful Sprint user until about April 2010. Service started getting crappy in my region. Tried them again temporarily in the fall of 2011 (October, maybe) and again in December 2013. TERRIBLE both times. Used all three of AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile before I came back to Sprint. The difference in Sprint's service between even six months ago and today is like night and day. I finally went back to Sprint for good in early May 2014 after joining this site and seeing their progress with upgrades over several months. It's been said too many times by Sprint and has been untrue, but this time it's true: they've made the necessary investments to ensure their network is leaps and bounds above everyone else's when upgrades are completed. There was a lot of temporary pain for enormous gain now.

Here in Richmond, VA, comparing Sprint's network as it stands now to AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile....they can easily surpass all three if upgrades proceed for the next 6 months as they have for the last 6. Having witnessed T-Mobile come into this market and do the same, there's no reason why Sprint cannot or will not. The breadth of voice coverage and 3G data coverage is already worlds better than both AT&T and T-Mobile. And the LTE tuning where it is available is almost out of this world (something I couldn't say for T-Mobile): I can consistently and reliably pull over 20 Mbps down on a Band 26 or Band 41 connection with a signal strength worse than -110 dbm.

So for the first time, I, too can say that I don't want to see the merger go through. Things are about to get very interesting. Let's see what happens with two mavericks.

• Like 16

myde4abu.jpg

Remember this? What was T-Mobile's excuse for that frailure?

That was prior to the AT&T attempted gobbling. All network upgrades and expansion were put on halt for what equated to almost a full calendar year.

Forced stagnation was that "frailure."

• Like 1

^ LMAO at the tweet

I wonder what John Rumpelstiltskin Legere is going to tweet now over this FCC claim.

I just can't see how Masa still finds this guy in high regards. Especially when he continues to belittle Sprint in tweets and acts like a jerk. Now with this accusation, its best to leave T-Mobile to its own demise, forget this merger and just concentrate on shoring up Sprint.

I hope this merger gets burned to the ground. I would much rather see sprint have it's come back by working hard, than by acquiring tmobile. It's alright though, tmobile a reputation will continue. A few hashtags and a tweet here and there and the followers will be screaming like girls at a Jonas brothers concert

13576d1383025447-fox-marketing-veloster-

• Like 2

I'm really intrigued by a brand reboot. SoftBank USA could be a pretty formidable player if it was able to knock the tarnish off of the Sprint brand. Starting fresh with no baggage could be a really healthy thing for Sprint.

From the SoftBank USA website:

Through a combination of innovation, investment, and fierce competition, SoftBank has successfully disrupted the wireless market in Japan and become a global leader in the mobile Internet.  Following SoftBank’s more than $22 billion investment in Sprint, we are looking forward to bringing our competitive and innovative approach to the U.S. wireless market.  Our goal is to connect Americans to the full promise of the mobile Internet and to improve people’s lives by bringing faster, more reliable wireless services to the U.S. in an age when access to high-speed mobile connectivity is critical.

That's one helluva mission statement. That sounds like a really confident company with no jokey Magenta frills or Firebrand CEO cult of personality. It's cool, it's calculated, and it's disruptive.

More and more, I'm joining the chorus of people on S4GRU that are now kind of hoping that this deal doesn't go through...

• Like 7

I believe Pratt has two bands of Sprint LTE now.  And they have low frequency spectrum too.  Which Tmo couldn't deploy there even if they wanted to add service in Pratt.  Unlimited Sprint LTE would be the best bet for this guy.  What on earth does he want?

Robert

There is only 1 site servicing Pratt.  What is the population there and can 1 site handle?

There is only 1 site servicing Pratt.  What is the population there and can 1 site handle?

Pratt has a population of about 6000.  Likely, few are Sprint subs.  Most are VZW (former Alltel) and AT&T (former RCC Unicel) subs.  The Sprint coverage corridor along US 50 serves mostly for license protection.  Over a decade ago, I even predicted that footprint years before it actually was constructed.

http://people.ku.edu/~cinema/wireless/crystalball.html

AJ

There is only 1 site servicing Pratt. What is the population there and can 1 site handle?

Small population, two bands on one site, one of them is low frequency. Should be a wonderful experience. And way better than Tmo out there, no doubt.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Small population, two bands on one site, one of them is low frequency. Should be a wonderful experience. And way better than Tmo out there, no doubt.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The NexTech relationship is apparently better than in the past as well. NexTech still allows 3G roaming, as opposed to Pioneer who cut it off completely upon signing an LTEiRA agreement.

The NexTech relationship is apparently better than in the past as well. NexTech still allows 3G roaming, as opposed to Pioneer who cut it off completely upon signing an LTEiRA agreement.

Pratt is far enough south to be United Wireless, not Nex-Tech.

AJ

Pratt is far enough south to be United Wireless, not Nex-Tech.

AJ

I stand corrected, I thought that was still Nextech that far south.

I stand corrected, I thought that was still Nextech that far south.

United and Nex-Tech march basically in lock step. I believe they share common telecom coop origins.

AJ

Oh, how I loved seeing Fabian, S. Ali, and others get shut down at every corner. It was high time those guys got shut up. They enforce a double standard and it's super annoying.

• Like 4

Oh, how I loved seeing Fabian, S. Ali, and others get shut down at every corner. It was high time those guys got shut up. They enforce a double standard and it's super annoying.

Doing a little reading up on his posting history, S. Ali walks and talks like an astroturfer.

AJ

• Like 4

Doing a little reading up on his posting history, S. Ali walks and talks like an astroturfer.

AJ

It's a little troubling to me that S. Ali has 2000+ upvotes. 

That was prior to the AT&T attempted gobbling. All network upgrades and expansion were put on halt for what equated to almost a full calendar year.

Forced stagnation was that "frailure."

Yeah that was Phillip Humm presenting the idea of what T-Mobile would look like IF they were to merge with AT&T. He was already fully invested in the early works of that M&A deal.

Thankfully that idea was quickly shut down.