Verizon Launching XLTE

JThorson

Yes but we all know that by the end of this year, Sprint will be singing about 150Mbps in Spark cities. And next year, near 200Mbps. T-Mobile and Verizon may be speed demons now, but they don't know the type of speed Sprint will be achieving.

• Like 1

Well said. I wonder what speeds XLTE brings anyways. No one knows yet. Just wait till Sprint brings/dominates with 1Gbps  :drool:

I'm 99% sure that they're just marketing their 20x20 AWS network. It's similar to how Verizon labeled and is marketing their 20MHz TDD-LTE network as Spark.

Well said. I wonder what speeds XLTE brings anyways. No one knows yet. Just wait till Sprint brings/dominates with 1Gbps  :drool:

Well too bad they can't call it XXXLTE by the 1Gbps mark lol. Well you could but thatd be catered to a certain crowd :P

• Like 1

Yawn.  This is old news.  We have known about the band 4 AWS overlay for months and months already.  VZW has even mentioned the added bandwidth in some of its previous TV commercials.  This is just the big marketing push now.

AJ

• Like 2

I'd like to use a crystal ball and see where the US data prices are going...

If Son keeps his drive and competition, then others, ideally, should be forced to lower prices once Sprint becomes an absolute competitor in all markets nationwide...If he starts giving into stockholders wanting ROI, and raises prices to be even with others, we may never see death star and the guy who said "we'll never compete with others on price" be fearful for their cash cow and going forward, we'll be paying egregious prices just for data.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I'm 99% sure that they're just marketing their 20x20 AWS network. It's similar to how Verizon labeled and is marketing their 20MHz TDD-LTE network as Spark.

I'm 99% sure that you meant Sprint instead of Verizon in reference to Spark.  ;)  :lol:

• Like 1

Let us be clear. VZW does not have a 20 MHz FDD band 4 network. Its AWS bandwidth is highly variable.

AJ

• Like 1

Chicago is Verizon's 20MHz FDD market, speeds approaching 140Mbps.

pSSUmUI.png

• Like 2

I bet it doesn't take long to go over your data cap...

A faster speed doesn't mean more data is used. You get your requested data faster, but it doesn't actually consume more data, contrary to popular belief.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

A faster speed doesn't mean more data is used. You get your requested data faster, but it doesn't actually consume more data, contrary to popular belief.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Speedtests do consume more data though...

• Like 5

Sent from my Nexus 5

Speed tests use more data because they have to sustain the download for a certain amount of time. But normal data usage, yes it doesn't use more, just faster.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Edit: Dangit Tim

I'd like to use a crystal ball and see where the US data prices are going...

If Son keeps his drive and competition, then others, ideally, should be forced to lower prices once Sprint becomes an absolute competitor in all markets nationwide...If he starts giving into stockholders wanting ROI, and raises prices to be even with others, we may never see death star and the guy who said "we'll never compete with others on price" be fearful for their cash cow and going forward, we'll be paying egregious prices just for data.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

As a shareholder, I'd much rather them finish network vision, lower prices, do a huge ad campaign about the network being done possibly with 30-day trial periods, and then pick up boatloads of customers.
  • Like 2

Sent from my Nexus 5

True. But it does mean that you can get to your cap faster because you are receiving data faster. The corollary is how people said you could only use x amount of data on Sprint because the speeds were so slow. Also, human nature being what it is, most people will  feel  encouraged to use more data thus reaching their cap sooner.

Sprint needs to speed it up, haven't seen any permits yet for 8T8R in San Diego.

Haven't seen any in NYC either, but the Band 41 network on the Clear equipment alone covers most of the city fairly well.