Verizon Launching XLTE

JThorson

Here's a question... is Sprint going to eventually go to running 40 MHz TD-LTE channels at 3:2? I think Sprint should consider putting that option on the table in the near future. Anything bigger than that is ridiculous but I'd say 40 MHz will allow Sprint to compete with any of the other Big 4 carriers.

There is no such thing as 40 mhz carriers. The biggest sized carrier set by 3gpp is 20mhz.

Sent from my Nexus 5

https://blogs.nsn.com/mobile-networks/2011/10/03/td-lte-launches-made-easy-with-new-8-pipes-radio-head/

I see this and am mildly confused. At least if the 3GPP gives the go ahead to allow 40 MHz channels, Sprint can implement it.

9yChK4c.png?1

This is the NSN 8T8R B41 RRH

2KpcYxi.png?1

It will be delayed while Thom Yorke sues NSN for trademark infringement.

Thom-Yorke-008.jpg

AJ

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/story/verizon-touts-numbers-behind-its-xlte-rollout/2014-05-26

There are also using some of the same arguments about improved service for all that we have used here for Sprint Triband.

Until Sprint fires Ericsson (or at least chooses to not renew their contract come 2016) and brings network management in-house, the long-term condition of the network will remain a legitimate concern.

I agree about firing Erickson and going out to bid.... But why bring network management in house? Of course that should be considered, but it is likely a better business decision to outsource especially since this employee force will have to ramp up and down a lot.

I agree about firing Erickson and going out to bid.... But why bring network management in house? Of course that should be considered, but it is likely a better business decision to outsource especially since this employee force will have to ramp up and down a lot.

Vertical integration, mostly. However, I'd be open to using another company (e.g. NSN), if they are open to a short-term (1 or 2 year) contract to trial their performance. I just don't want to see Sprint stung by being locked into another 7+ yr contract with a subpar partner.