Verizon Launching XLTE

JThorson

Haven't seen any in NYC either, but the Band 41 network on the Clear equipment alone covers most of the city fairly well. 

Or more like you don't know what to search for. A quick glance at the NYC cellular antenna building permit reports shows quite a number of applications for Sprint 8T8R equipment stretching back to February. Not to mention this..

• Like 3

I think we're approaching ludicrous speed in this big phallus wireless challenge. I'd love to have 150Mbps on my home wired internet connection... but out and about, I'd be satisfied with a consistent 10-50Mbps with a low ping time -- there's nothing that I would do on a phone or tablet that would require 150Mbps... 

Or more like you don't know what to search for. A quick glance at the NYC cellular antenna building permit reports shows quite a number of applications for Sprint 8T8R equipment stretching back to February. Not to mention this..

Whoops. The place where I've been searching before had permits for the original Network Vision upgrades. You learn something new every day.

The Network Vision work used to appear in the NYC BIS (Building Information System). I don't see why it stopped.

I think we're approaching ludicrous speed in this big phallus wireless challenge. I'd love to have 150Mbps on my home wired internet connection... but out and about, I'd be satisfied with a consistent 10-50Mbps with a low ping time -- there's nothing that I would do on a phone or tablet that would require 150Mbps... 

But there are plenty of things 15 people would like to be able to do at 10mbps simultaneously.

• Like 5

But there are plenty of things 15 people would like to be able to do at 10mbps simultaneously.

This is the correct thinking. We will never have too much mobile bandwidth with the increase in the number of connected devices. It's all about providing a solid connection to each connected device no matter the tower load.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does anyone think that VZW is going to announce that they are aggregating 700mhz and AWS like AT&T?

Maybe, but not right away.  No current VZW devices support carrier aggregation.  And as long as VZW maintains SVLTE capability, those devices likely never will support carrier aggregation.  Such would just require too many simultaneous radio paths inside those devices to be practical.

AJ

• Like 2

Maybe, but not right away. No current VZW devices support carrier aggregation. And as long as VZW maintains SVLTE capability, those devices likely never will support carrier aggregation. Such would just require too many simultaneous radio paths inside those devices to be practical.

AJ

So is this one of the major reasons why Sprint supports eCFSB vs. SVLTE?

It's a short-term drawback that will reap larger benefits in the long term?

Since October 2013 they've overlaid 250 large and small markets, which makes it the fastest LTE deployment ever. http://s7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/eCatalogs/Verizon-XLTE-markets.pdf

They've been overlaying markets for well over a year so is taking 1 year to add a AWS RRHs to their sites really the fastest LTE deployment ever?

It's not really a flipped switch. It's been live for months.

Yep, live here for several months as well.  I did a test with my spectrum analyzer checking for things as I noticed AT&T already activated the AWS LTE 10x10 they got from Leap here.  I noticed the entire commute home I had VZW AWS, never dropped once.  Needless to say I was very impressed with their deployment as I can't say the same for Sprint 1900 LTE, Sprint 800 LTE, or even AT&T AWS.  You wouldn't even need VZW 700 LTE to fill any gaps.

• Like 3

They've been overlaying markets for well over a year so is taking 1 year to add a AWS RRHs to their sites really the fastest LTE deployment ever?

I think in terms of actual deployment that T-Mobile has probably been the fastest in terms of completion time but that is mostly due to their comparably small coverage area. It is quite fast in terms of speed though.

Does anyone worry that Sprint will still have issues with their network in the future compared to VZW and AT&T, especially with Verizon and them deploying and activating their AWS?

Sprint still has more capacity than the big 2 so no I don't think Sprint will have a problem.

Does anyone worry that Sprint will still have issues with their network in the future compared to VZW and AT&T, especially with Verizon and them deploying and activating their AWS?

• Like 1

They will have a problem gaining subscribers if they don't hurry up with there damn network though.

• Like 5

The sprint name is toxic.they better drop the name, colors and adapt SoftBank U.S.A with the white and silver colors. They should do that once they finish their whole network build out including the 2.5ghz.

Edited by SprintNYC
  • Like 2

Actually it's been much less than a year. They've announced planned deployment last summer, and the first reported live site happened around the September-October timeframe.

T-Mobile is another breakneck example going from no LTE to 200 million pops in less than a year.

Actually it's been much less than a year. They've announced planned deployment last summer, and the first reported live site happened around the September-October timeframe.

T-Mobile is another breakneck example going from no LTE to 200 million pops in less than a year.

They were permitting and deploying during the summer here. I've confirmed it with a local Verizon contractor who was working for them at my local site months ago. May be different for other regions but they began working on the west coast in the summer which is about a year ago. First permit if theirs I found was in April.

Sent from my Nexus 5

They were permitting and deploying during the summer here. I've confirmed it with a local Verizon contractor who was working for them at my local site months ago. May be different for other regions but they began working on the west coast in the summer.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That still makes it less than a year. First live sites were reported in the fall by HoFo users. in NYC it was October as well.

Several recent posters should know that this thread is now on watch. It will not become a pro VZW, anti Sprint scribe. Rather, it will be locked, posthaste. So, keep your wits about you, and remember the rules.

AJ

• Like 3

That still makes it less than a year. First live sites were reported in the fall by HoFo users. in NYC it was October as well.

You're talking about sites going live. I'm talking about sites having equipment deployed. I will append my statement to them be around a year.

Sent from my Nexus 5