Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Sprint chooses to keep speeds at 1xRTT when roaming on consumer plans.  Just know that on some business accounts you get EVDO roaming.  The roaming carrier has nothing to do with it....well, i guess maybe it could be in the agreements but I would guess the roaming carriers would be happy to g3et paid for EVDO traffic.

I could be wrong but I thought I myself was on just a plain Jane regular plan and I get EVDO roaming. Never had an issue with getting just 1x roaming. Idk if my target corporate discount has anything to do with that, but even before I put it on my account it had EVDO roaming.

I could be wrong but I thought I myself was on just a plain Jane regular plan and I get EVDO roaming. Never had an issue with getting just 1x roaming. Idk if my target corporate discount has anything to do with that, but even before I put it on my account it had EVDO roaming.

Some roaming carriers have EVDO roaming.  I dont have any up here besides US Cellular and Verizon and they are just 1xRTT.  Wasnt Alltel EVDO?

Some roaming carriers have EVDO roaming.  I dont have any up here besides US Cellular and Verizon and they are just 1xRTT.  Wasnt Alltel EVDO?

Oh yeah I forgot Alltels roaming agreement stuck after Verizon got their stuff. Even though its Verizon, I'm roaming off them, thanks to alltel.

Some roaming carriers have EVDO roaming. I dont have any up here besides US Cellular and Verizon and they are just 1xRTT. Wasnt Alltel EVDO?

multipost. When does alltels agreement run out?

Has anyone here tried the 4.4.4r2 radio on their nexus 5. Users on XDA says they saw an improvement on ATT and T-MOBILE. I haven't seen anyone report on sprint connectivity yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Seems to me that every radio gets worse and worse for sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Seems to me that every radio gets worse and worse for sprint.

True. The 4.4.4 radio isnt too bad if you're in a market with band 26. I've found that the LTE scan time is too high and should scan more frequently.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

My speed tests and user experience states otherwise. But let's not start up that old argument :)

Can't speak to your speed tests, I didn't see a difference. The radio doesn't have that much impact on speeds. According to how it was explained to me by someone who works on the radio, and who accurately told me when to expect the update, the original radios did not report the signal correctly. The new ones do. Are there a few areas where you don't pick up a weak signal like you used to? Yes. But that is in large part by design. Whether you believe me is up to you.

Can't speak to your speed tests, I didn't see a difference. The radio doesn't have that much impact on speeds. According to how it was explained to me by someone who works on the radio, and who accurately told me when to expect the update, the original radios did not report the signal correctly. The new ones do. Are there a few areas where you don't pick up a weak signal like you used to? Yes. But that is in large part by design. Whether you believe me is up to you.

yes that fringe area is were I mean mostly, on .15 or .17 I can pull 4-5 Mbps were on any of the other ones I get something like .05 on the same lte tower or no signal at all. I can't speak to how or why that happens but I tend to cycle through the radios every week or so in my quest for better speed. Hopefully when all is said and done it won't matter soon enough.

Those of you running the L preview radio, I highly suggest going back to the latest official release version. I just flashed the 2.x.x.12 radio and saw a 6 dBm increase in reported signal strength on band 25

multipost. When does alltels agreement run out?

AT&T is obliged to keep 1X and EVDO active through June 30, 2015. Whether that's the same day Alltel's roaming agreements with Sprint and others expire is anyone's guess, but I wouldn't expect AT&T to keep the sites live either way.

Does anyone have the issue where you are on 3g and it drops the connection then comes back?  Sent this phone out twice they replaced main board.  Lcd screen.  Im at a loss since the last time people cant hear me unless i press the phone to my face cant move it.   I hope next nexus is not lg.  

• Like 1

True. The 4.4.4 radio isnt too bad if you're in a market with band 26. I've found that the LTE scan time is too high and should scan more frequently.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I seem to have the complete opposite experience on the 4.4.4 radio. I feel my LTE scan time is too low and that it scans too frequently. That might seem like a good thing, but where my apartment happens to be, it tends to drop a very good 3G signal very often to look for an LTE signal. I see it happen at least once a day, and I don't check my phone that often at home. Luckily I use WiFi at home, so it's not a big deal, and when I'm out and about, I pretty much have LTE unless I'm at or around work, but the scan time has definitely decreased for me when compared to 4.4.3 and before.

• Like 1

I seem to have the complete opposite experience on the 4.4.4 radio. I feel my LTE scan time is too low and that it scans too frequently. That might seem like a good thing, but where my apartment happens to be, it tends to drop a very good 3G signal very often to look for an LTE signal. I see it happen at least once a day, and I don't check my phone that often at home. Luckily I use WiFi at home, so it's not a big deal, and when I'm out and about, I pretty much have LTE unless I'm at or around work, but the scan time has definitely decreased for me when compared to 4.4.3 and before.

I would love that. 4.4.4 radio drops to 3g in areas where I have lte on. 15. ~110dbm

I walk into my office on . 15 and I'll have lte but not on 4.4.4

Scan time going back to lte in the conference room takes a while on 4.4.4

I would love that. 4.4.4 radio drops to 3g in areas where I have lte on. 15. ~110dbm

I walk into my office on . 15 and I'll have lte but not on 4.4.4

Scan time going back to lte in the conference room takes a while on 4.4.4

On the 1.x.x.x.15 radio, a -110dBm reading was in reality closer to a -120dBm reading. So while a -120dBm signal can occasionally be useful, most of the time it is not, and can result in missed calls/texts. Therefore, the newer radios with the readings adjusted towards reality correctly drop that signal. 

• Like 1

I do know I have B41 at home. Sometimes I do get connected to it when I am outside the house. The signal is pretty strong  -85 - 95

And when I step in the house, I still get pretty decent signal. 97 - 105  

However, If somehow I lose B41, like a phone reboot or walk into basement, I will never be able to connect to B41.Airplane mode after airplane mode only stay in B25. I sometimes connect to B26 but it will quickly send me back to B25. (If they try to preserve the capability in B26, I can understand that). But I don't understand why my phone won't connect to B41

I do know I have B41 at home. Sometimes I do get connected to it when I am outside the house. The signal is pretty strong  -85 - 95

And when I step in the house, I still get pretty decent signal. 97 - 105  

However, If somehow I lose B41, like a phone reboot or walk into basement, I will never be able to connect to B41.Airplane mode after airplane mode only stay in B25. I sometimes connect to B26 but it will quickly send me back to B25. (If they try to preserve the capability in B26, I can understand that). But I don't understand why my phone won't connect to B41

Anyone has similar issue?

Anyone has similar issue?

I can has cheezburger?

AJ

• Like 1