Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Ok....So last Sunday my N5 stopped connecting to mobile data. Looked at my phone and noticed that there was no LTE or 3G symbol in status bar. Called Sprint, they could not get it working. Went to a store...could not get it working. Did factory reset....no luck. It will not go through the hands free activation. It says cannot be activated at this time. Try to do a PRL, Profile update and get a network error, try again later message. When I use signal check it shows connected to band 41 and in the all the phone menus to check which band and signal it says connected to LTE. Calls and texts work fine. Any ideas?

I have this issue as well upon flashing the L image. I flashed back to 4.4.4 and still nothing. I restored a complete backup with efs and I get data now, so my efs is fine. I still cannot update profile/prl, and I can't complete HFA on a factory image. Did you ever fix this? Anyone else have an idea of what to do? I already tried the 72783 or whatever dialer code, and that left me with no voice either. Had to restore efs again. Thanks!

Has anyone experienced the bug where they cannot answer/decline incoming calls on their N5, and the phone just continues ringing forever, even after the caller is kicked to voicemail? Started about 3 days ago for me, and it is driving me nuts. The only way to get off the incoming call screen is to reboot. It has been happening with increasing frequency to the point where it now happens on every incoming call.

I've read elsewhere about others having similar problems, but haven't seen any clear resolutions. I've had my N5 since shortly after launch and never had this problem. Wiped cache/dalvik and it didn't help. Going to factory reset tonight unless someone has any other suggestions.

Thanks,

-Mike

Sorry for the TRIPLE post, but make sure the roaming mode is set to automatic, and not Home only. This issue took me a few days to fix, it would always fail on LTE because of Spark, the phone fails to drop off LTE to take the call. Automatic works fine.

have the person on the other end turn down the volume.  you are most likely hearing yourself from the other phone's speaker being too loud.

I should have stated that the caller can't hear the person on the other end of the line either. It's dead silence except when the caller speaks and she hears her voice echo back.

I'm pretty pessimistic about sprint getting the nexus 6. Assuming the 6 has the same lte bands the 5 has + the new tmobile lte band = Too many bands for a single device to have. 

Maybe my thinking is flawed but I just cant see it. 

Also, this thing better have a 3000 mAh battery.  

I'm pretty pessimistic about sprint getting the nexus 6. Assuming the 6 has the same lte bands the 5 has + the new tmobile lte band = Too many bands for a single device to have. 

Exactly why do you think that it's "Too many bands for a single device to have."?

Isn't T-Mobiles new band just a superset of b17, which the nexus 5 already supports? If so I don't really see much if any increased cost.

No. Band 12 is the superset of band 17.

Band 12 devices are more expensive and harder to design due to filter and other hardware requirements because channel 51 is adjacent to the 700a block of 698-704mhz.

Att said screw it and chopped off the A block to make band 17 with a 6 mhz guard band against channel 51.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Band 12 devices are more expensive and harder to design due to filter and other hardware requirements because channel 51 is adjacent to the 700a block of 698-704mhz.

Att said screw it and chopped off the A block to make band 17 with a 6 mhz guard band against channel 51.

But now that's screwing them over CA-wise, right?

That's exactly what I had asked, if T-Mobiles new band was the superset of 17. But anyway, who is to say they don't skip including b12 this go around if its so much harder to make work. I would be willing to bet the next nexus handset supports Sprints network.

Not really.  You are probably not aware, but in addition to band 2/4/5/17/25/26/41, the Nexus 5 already also supports two more bands:  band 1/19.

Moreover, if band 12 is added, that takes care of band 17, too, just like band 25 capability covers band 2 as well.  The band distinctions are then done in programming.

AJ

You probably would have never thought that the Nexus 5 would have supported as many bands as it did, either. Supporting more LTE bands is not really all that difficult. The difficult thing for them was adding B41 last time, yet they did. All the Sprint bands are supersets of other bands except B41. No need to worry.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What do you guys think the likelihood of the N6 not being a Sprint capable device since it looks like they are switching manufactures? I really like the option of being able to just swap SIMs and change services while still on CDMA/Sprint. 

So I flashed back from Android L, to 4.4.3, and Am pretty sure I somehow bricked the phone. Black screen no matter what I do. Any ideas?

So I flashed back from Android L, to 4.4.3, and Am pretty sure I somehow bricked the phone. Black screen no matter what I do. Any ideas?

How did you flash 4.4.3, what exactly did you do? If you aren't able to get to the boot loader, you might be able to try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-factory-images-lg-t2713833.

How did you flash 4.4.3, what exactly did you do? If you aren't able to get to the boot loader, you might be able to try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-factory-images-lg-t2713833.

Well I used a package flash tool. Was in a hurry to test something, and I think it flashed a bad bootloader. The device has a black screen, no button combo works, plugged into a computer it makes the windows 8 sound for new device plugged in. 

Well I used a package flash tool. Was in a hurry to test something, and I think it flashed a bad bootloader. The device has a black screen, no button combo works, plugged into a computer it makes the windows 8 sound for new device plugged in. 

I have no experience using those, I either flash the entire factory image using the batch file or individually using fastboot. Hopefully some one else can chime in. I would try using the LG flash tool I linked from xda and see if the phone will respond by going into download mode and recovering that way.

I have no experience using those, I either flash the entire factory image using the batch file or individually using fastboot. Hopefully some one else can chime in. I would try using the LG flash tool I linked from xda and see if the phone will respond by going into download mode and recovering that way.

I cant enter any mode unfortunately, Unless there is a special way I haven't found yet. 

I cant enter any mode unfortunately, Unless there is a special way I haven't found yet. 

Turn the phone off, hold down volume up and then plug in the usb cable from your computer into the phone while still holding volume up. You should be greeted with download mode and then a firmware update screen if it works.

I personally think that Sprint would not want to lose out on another opportunity like the Nexus 5, so they'll push for the Nexus 6 as much as they can. Whether they'll get it, I don't know, but I don't think it'll be due to LTE bands. It'll be due to not wanting to support both GSM and CDMA. The Nexus 5 already has a bunch of LTE band support: 1, 2, 4, 5, 17, 19, 25, 26, and 41. The Sprint version of the iPhone 5s and 5c support LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, and 26, which, aside from the difficulty of supporting TDD LTE B41, is more than the Nexus 5's list.

I have no idea how hard it is to make a single device that can handle both CDMA and GSM and all of those LTE bands, but it at least seems like a feasible product.

Turn the phone off, hold down volume up and then plug in the usb cable from your computer into the phone while still holding volume up. You should be greeted with download mode and then a firmware update screen if it works.

Unfortunately Nothing :/

I have no idea how hard it is to make a single device that can handle both CDMA and GSM and all of those LTE bands, but it at least seems like a feasible product.

Is there a consensus on what Qualcomm chipset the Nexus 6 will use?  The latest evidence/rumor is that it will be the Snapdragon 805, which is the APQ8084.  Since it is an APQ not an MSM, it has no cellular baseband on chip.  That means back to two chipsets -- it has to be paired with an MDM, likely the Category 6 MDM9635/MDM9235.

And therein lies the rub.  The MDM9635 is 3GPP/3GPP2, while the MDM9235 is 3GPP only.  The Gobi modems come in a 3GPP only option, while the Snapdragon MSM chipsets typically are 3GPP/3GPP2 -- even for AT&T and T-Mobile handsets, for example.  With the MSM8974, the Nexus 5 had CDMA2000 capability on board, regardless.  But with a possible APQ8084 + MDM9235 pairing, Sprint could get shut out of the Nexus 6.

AJ

• Like 1