Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

hows the voice quality on it?  what about handoffs?

edit: just in case anyone wants a page to refresh: http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/info-nexus-5-ota-help-desk-t2523217

well on LTE I had decent quality. I have it set up on my tablet. Just switch between the two on the app. Id give it a shot. Decent UI and gives you data+voice capabilities.

Is there any risk in not getting Spark if we update from those images? Could Spark be OTA only?

Let's see how good the weather man's forecast is this time...

from what little info i know, it is NOT ready to be released.  whether or not it turns into a 4.5 release or whatever, i don't know, however i wouldn't bank on anything being released this week or next.  i hope i am wrong!

If I don't have Spark / 4.4.3 on Monday, I'm calling for Dkoellerwx's head!

If I don't have Spark / 4.4.3 on Monday, I'm calling for Dkoellerwx's head!

Glad y'all had so much faith in me....

• Like 13

sweet. now i wonder if i should take the plunge or wait lol

EDIT- Screw it, im going in!

EDIT AGAIN- I dont know what im doing so i will wait for further instruction. :rolleyes:

sweet. now i wonder if i should take the plunge or wait lol

EDIT- Screw it, im going in!

EDIT AGAIN- I dont know what im doing so i will wait for further instruction. :rolleyes:

Same here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

As soon as I complete my TI backup I'll let you know how the update goes.

Well First impression is the new .13 has given me a slight bump in 1x800 signal strength, as well as 1x1900

Wifi seems to be a slight bit stronger, not sure if the .13 caused it.

Just flashed the new .13 Baseband. Going to try it out for a bit

Same here.

so this update contains a patch that enable spark?

Yes.

I would also like to know if anyone has any info in regards to Spark being enabled by default on 4.4.3.

Yes all you need to do is flash the new radio.

Well First impression is the new .13 has given me a slight bump in 1x800 signal strength, as well as 1x1900

Wifi seems to be a slight bit stronger, not sure if the .13 caused it.

I noticed that too. 3G/1x signal noticeably improved.

The radio doesn't affect wifi.

so this update contains a patch that enable spark?

I would also like to know if anyone has any info in regards to Spark being enabled by default on 4.4.3.

I installed the New .13 Baseband, and it scanned for b26, b41, and b25 in that order in LTE only mode. It looks like it is scanning all bands. Now performance wise It will take everyone here to report their findings.

Just saw it was just scanning b25,26,41 not the other bands!

• Like 1

I noticed that too. 3G/1x signal noticeably improved.

The radio doesn't affect wifi.

I can already tell band 26 took a small hit. I no longer get the fringe signal Like I do with .15. Slightly disappointed in those regards.

I took a 8-10Dbm hit on B26, used to get -114 inside, now I get -125 Outside at best.

Band 25 takes a small hit as well.  I could set the phone on my window and get band 25 @ about -110 or so.  Now with this new radio I do not get it in the same spot.  Will keep playing.  Ive done the entire update and things seem okay so far.

I can already tell band 26 took a small hit. I no longer get the fringe signal Like I do with .15. Slightly disappointed in those regards.

I took a 8-10Dbm hit on B26, used to get -114 inside, now I get -125 Outside at best.

I noticed this too. Usually I would get. 26 from a tower 2.5 ish miles away, but now it's just 3G. This is probably for the better because at the fringe 3G is more stable.

Band 25 takes a small hit as well.  I could set the phone on my window and get band 25 @ about -110 or so.  Now with this new radio I do not get it in the same spot.  Will keep playing.  Ive done the entire update and things seem okay so far.

I am actually kind of disappointed in LTE performance. I am going back to .15 or .17 now lol. I do not need to worry about csfb issues so Most likely .15 will be king for me.

I am actually kind of disappointed in LTE performance. I am going back to .15 or .17 now lol. I do not need to worry about csfb issues so Most likely .15 will be king for me.

Do you know where I can find old radios?

I noticed this too. Usually I would get. 26 from a tower 2.5 ish miles away, but now it's just 3G. This is probably for the better because at the fringe 3G is more stable.

My fringe B26 got me anywhere from 1-4 Mbps. And A lot lower ping. I have to try it out on EVDO only mode to truely test the EVDO performance. But most likely It is back to .15 for me.