Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

This is so frustrating...I believe you guys but why is Sprint telling me stuff that is not yet there.  Glad my contract is up...just for the ease point of view i will give it a whirl with my N5 on the now network, but I will be leaving in the next couple of months.  This is plain stupid.

If this is the source of your frustration, then I can tell you the grass is not greener elsewhere.  AT&T reps still tell people that their HSPA+ only device supports LTE.  And there are Verizon reps that will tell people their Uniband LTE device supports both VZW LTE bands.  It is a symptom of the age, not the provider.

The bottom line is you know the truth.  The Nexus 5 is Spark capable.  It was built that way.  However, it is still waiting on the update to enable it.  There are things you can do that will kind of help you use Spark Band 41 until the update comes out.  If these things are just too much for you to bear, we understand.  You can go to another provider.  We won't even ask you to stay with Sprint.  That's not the purpose of this site.  But we don't host Sprint complaints either.

Robert

• Like 9

This is so frustrating...I believe you guys but why is Sprint telling me stuff that is not yet there. Glad my contract is up...just for the ease point of view i will give it a whirl with my N5 on the now network, but I will be leaving in the next couple of months. This is plain stupid.

Honestly give it until Augustish, that's when a lot of NV 1.0 should be wrapped up(if not all of it, someone who's more educated on dates please chime in). The reason sales reps are giving you false information is because of the way the US is now. People don't put their best effort into the jobs they do now because everyone thinks they have the right to make 500,00+ a year for doing nothing. They don't take the time to get educated on the things the sell other than the minimal mandatory amount, they say whatever they need to get that commission (because that's how they make money).

Please note I'm not saying every single person is like this OR every single sprint rep/third party retailer. There are good ones out there but this is the general trend of the US work force.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I recognize that its not greener on the other side either when it comes to CS, this stems from years of shitty sprint service and issues.  At least Ver/att will give me better service and minimize the amount of time i need to speak to CS rep. 

BTW my latest issue is whenever I travel whcih has been quite a bit lately my LTE with S3 blows...for example in louisville ky it shows LTE signal but i will get .2 mbps download, i can't use a gps app.  Same goes for Tulsa Austin Chicago Atlanta(Suburbs.) The only time my lte is good is if i'm in teh chicago suburbs. 

So when I vent, its this crap that does it.

Edited by polska2180o

Thanks guys, I recognize that its not greener on the other side either when it comes to CS, this stems from years of shitty sprint service and issues. At least Ver/att will give me better service and minimize the amount of time i need to speak to CS rep.

BTW my latest issue is whenever I travel whcih has been quite a bit lately my LTE with S3 blows...for example in louisville ky it shows LTE signal but i will get .2 mbps download, i can't use a gps app. Same goes for Tulsa Austin Chicago Atlanta(Suburbs.) The only time my lte is good is if i'm in teh chicago suburbs.

So when I vent, its this crap that does it.

I asked a similar question in the network forums. I think Robert said something along the lines that the 1900 MHz spectrum is over saturated but that spark is expected to fix that.

• Like 1

Well there you have it! Even the Nexus 7 didn't get a "carrier specific" update. I don't know where I got the information from, but I remember someone saying that the Nexus 7's would detect if there was a Verizon sim in there and then it would try to get the OTA, but alas, I only have a WiFi Nexus 7, so I have no firsthand experience with it.

I heard the Verizon SIM story as well, in fact I feel like I might have relayed it somewhere in this thread myself. In any case, that specific update, whether it went to all Nexus 7's or not, only contained updates that pertained to the Verizon network. So the precedent is there for Google to push out an OTA to everyone that only includes adjustments for the Sprint network.

-Mike

So, forgive me, but I haven't at all kept up with the PRL trick and things like that, I'm just waiting for the Spark update to see what happens (albeit a bit impatiently...heh).  I DID enable 26 and 41 back when it first came out that you could, but have done nothing since.  I'm also on radio .23.

So, again, forgive me if this is more common than I thought, but I randomly picked up a 41 tower today where I normally have a very slow 3G signal.  Needless to say, it was nice.

y43gccU.jpg

XIpjMxW.jpg

I'm assuming that, since I don't ever get a 25 LTE signal there, that's the reason it found 41 instead?  Is it perhaps more common than I've been thinking?

• Like 1

So, forgive me, but I haven't at all kept up with the PRL trick and things like that, I'm just waiting for the Spark update to see what happens (albeit a bit impatiently...heh). I DID enable 26 and 41 back when it first came out that you could, but have done nothing since. I'm also on radio .23.

So, again, forgive me if this is more common than I thought, but I randomly picked up a 41 tower today where I normally have a very slow 3G signal. Needless to say, it was nice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm assuming that, since I don't ever get a 25 LTE signal there, that's the reason it found 41 instead? Is it perhaps more common than I've been thinking?

People have reported it connecting by itself when b25 signal is significantly lower(or nonexistent). So enjoy that isolated b41 goodness!

So, forgive me, but I haven't at all kept up with the PRL trick and things like that, I'm just waiting for the Spark update to see what happens (albeit a bit impatiently...heh).  I DID enable 26 and 41 back when it first came out that you could, but have done nothing since.  I'm also on radio .23.

So, again, forgive me if this is more common than I thought, but I randomly picked up a 41 tower today where I normally have a very slow 3G signal.  Needless to say, it was nice.

y43gccU.jpg

XIpjMxW.jpg

I'm assuming that, since I don't ever get a 25 LTE signal there, that's the reason it found 41 instead?  Is it perhaps more common than I've been thinking?

I would say more of a lack of b25 allowed you to connect to the b41, what some people report.

Hey has anyone been having a lot of crashes on chrome , I believe there was an update recently too. Mine crashes when I try to load webpages by clicking on the suggested webpage when typing the URL.

Hey has anyone been having a lot of crashes on chrome , I believe there was an update recently too. Mine crashes when I try to load webpages by clicking on the suggested webpage when typing the URL.

no.

This is so frustrating...I believe you guys but why is Sprint telling me stuff that is not yet there.  Glad my contract is up...just for the ease point of view i will give it a whirl with my N5 on the now network, but I will be leaving in the next couple of months.  This is plain stupid.

If you're not gonna stick around and get educated on the timeframe of when your area will be complete, then by all means, join another carrier that has known good service where you live. But if you enjoy paying less, sit down, do a few hours of research, and wait a few months for things to improve. Sprint is going to be a cellular behemoth this year.

• Like 3

If you're not gonna stick around and get educated on the timeframe of when your area will be complete, then by all means, join another carrier that has known good service where you live. But if you enjoy paying less, sit down, do a few hours of research, and wait a few months for things to improve. Sprint is going to be a cellular behemoth this year.

You seem annoyed, I have been sticking around for years now and 160 dollars for 2 lines is not that cheap with an 18% company discount.  What does research have to do with it, in the past 2 months i have been in 5 different states and 5 major cities and surrounding areas all of them were completely unacceptable except for Baltimore.  Do I have to wait for all of them to upgrade.  Not sure sure why you feel that i or anybody should compromise anything for a promise of something better when that promise was broken many times. But I digress.

You seem annoyed, I have been sticking around for years now and 160 dollars for 2 lines is not that cheap with an 18% company discount. What does research have to do with it, in the past 2 months i have been in 5 different states and 5 major cities and surrounding areas all of them were completely unacceptable except for Baltimore. Do I have to wait for all of them to upgrade. Not sure sure why you feel that i or anybody should compromise anything for a promise of something better when that promise was broken many times. But I digress.

One thing I feel like you might not be considering is that as the markets are upgraded service actually got/gets worse for a period of time before it got/gets better.

I believe he was referring to sponsor maps(they show upgrade progression for areas so you could actually track the progress almost in real time).

Just got the N5 activated we will see about the service now...Love the N5, absolutely have the lack inability to be on the phone and on internet at the same time like i could on the s3

SvLTE is out the door now. If you want that feature, you'll have to stick with outdated devices at this point. All Tri-Band devices now and going forward are single transmission path, which means no simultaneous voice and data. Until VoLTE is rolled out in a few years. 

• Like 2

3. Because sprint will download some crap to my phone can i have it rooted prior to that download to install CM or will it reject the update?

Is there a way to get sprints VM installed on the phone?

You said you didn't want Sprint's crap on your phone.  :scratch:

• Like 2

You seem annoyed, I have been sticking around for years now and 160 dollars for 2 lines is not that cheap with an 18% company discount.  What does research have to do with it, in the past 2 months i have been in 5 different states and 5 major cities and surrounding areas all of them were completely unacceptable except for Baltimore.  Do I have to wait for all of them to upgrade.  Not sure sure why you feel that i or anybody should compromise anything for a promise of something better when that promise was broken many times. But I digress.

You are new to S4GRU, so welcome.  But you also need to understand the rules.  S4GRU does not host Sprint complaints.  Rampant negativity just drags down the site, as it has done to other Sprint sites.

If you want to ask questions, fire away.  If you want to educate yourself as a sponsor, S4GRU is the place to be.  But if you want to declare that service is "completely unacceptable," you need to do it elsewhere.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

AJ

• Like 4

Just got the N5 activated we will see about the service now...Love the N5, absolutely have the lack inability to be on the phone and on internet at the same time like i could on the s3

You should notice a very nice boost in LTE reception with the n5 over the s3...

Should make you a happier sprint customer.

• Like 1

When an update gets released to 4.4.3 will I need to unroot to update?

no but you made to REroot afterwards.  the last update broke my root and i had to do it over but since it is only like 2 clicks i didnt mind.