HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

So as of about a week ago I have finally joined in on the M8 crowd. Picked up my H/K ed. about a week ago and loving it. Hell of an upgrade from my SIII. Pleased to see I'm not having any of the bizzare network problems that were first reported with the M8's. I do find it odd however, that the phone is camping out on B26. I mean all the time everywhere there is a B26 signal. Every now and then it jumps back to B25 for a moment, and when it does I see signifigantly lower signal strengths than I did with my sIII and slower speeds as well, but it does provide me with sufficient speed on B26 for everyday usability which is all that really matters to me but given what I've read about the band priorities, I don't understand why it wants to stay on B26 LTE all the time...

• Like 1

So as of about a week ago I have finally joined in on the M8 crowd. Picked up my H/K ed. about a week ago and loving it. Hell of an upgrade from my SIII. Pleased to see I'm not having any of the bizzare network problems that were first reported with the M8's. I do find it odd however, that the phone is camping out on B26. I mean all the time everywhere there is a B26 signal. Every now and then it jumps back to B25 for a moment, and when it does I see signifigantly lower signal strengths than I did with my sIII and slower speeds as well, but it does provide me with sufficient speed on B26 for everyday usability which is all that really matters to me but given what I've read about the band priorities, I don't understand why it wants to stay on B26 LTE all the time...

Band 25 is probably over capacity in your area and as a result both the network and your phone seem to believe that Band 26 would be better for your device to be on.

• Like 1

Band 25 is probably over capacity in your area and as a result both the network and your phone seem to believe that Band 26 would be better for your device to be on.

I had considered this but it still seems odd to me because it's not just one area. It's two different markets and a 45 mile distance between where I work, play, and live, varying between urban and rural areas, and still it sticks to B26 the whole time. In addition I don't think an overburdened network would have given me upwards of 30Mbps speeds on my old B25 device either but I suppose the system might know something I don't...

Edited by sarjxxx

I had considered this but it still seems odd to me because it's not just one area. It's two different markets and a 45 mile distance between where I work, play, and live, varying between urban and rural areas, and still it sticks to B26 the whole time. In addition I don't think an overburdened network would have given me upwards of 30Mbps speeds on my old B25 device either but I suppose the system might know something I don't...

There are more B25 only devices out there than tri-band devices, so B26 will continue to be less crowded probably for another year.

M8 H/K Ed. $350 out the door direct from Sprint.... Anybody believe we will see any better deals closer to Black Friday???

I'm seeing $360, and for new EasyPay lines only. On my current plan, I'd have to activate a new line, get the phone, cancel, and pay off the balance.

I'm seeing $360, and for new EasyPay lines only. On my current plan, I'd have to activate a new line, get the phone, cancel, and pay off the balance.

i ordered it for an upgrade phone for my dad on wednesday at that price. other than having to choose easy pay i didn't have any issues. phone is being delivered today.

Sorry if I sound stupid. Does this mean Sprint won't just take my money? They want it devide up into 24 payments? What is the logic? Easy pay isn't a contract is it... What am I missing? Sorry..

Edited by gsd10

Sorry if I sound stupid. Does this mean Sprint won't just take my money? They want it devide up into 24 payments? What is the logic? Easy pay isn't a contract is it... What am I missing? Sorry..

As I recall, you can pay off your EasyPay phone sooner by making larger monthly payments.  My mom and wife just signed up for easy pay, so I haven't seen yet how it's billed or where the option is to pay off the phone.

I just got off the phone with web sales, 8007774681.They would not take full payment. Would only sell on contract or Easy pay. My only guess is that they would try and stick you with the web discount ($320) if you left Sprint within 24 months. They were evasive when I asked about this possibility. Which could have been language barrier since they did seem from India by there accent. I'm confused. Also on more than one occasion in the call he asked what I planned on doing with the phone.

I just got off the phone with web sales, 8007774681.They would not take full payment. Would only sell on contract or Easy pay. My only guess is that they would try and stick you with the web discount ($320) if you left Sprint within 24 months. They were evasive when I asked about this possibility. Which could have been language barrier since they did seem from India by there accent. I'm confused. Also on more than one occasion in the call he asked what I planned on doing with the phone.

I think you CAN pay off an easypay phone early ... so that might be a good workaround.

Are you using hangouts or the old app?

I use Hangouts too, and I can't send or receive MMS with Wi-Fi calling enabled.  Must be a Hangouts thing as it seems it works for others who use the stock messaging app. 

has anyone figured out how to fix the wifi calling APN sms/mms bug for third party messengers? I use google simple messenger app and cannot send or recieve sms/mms from it. Default app just fine but tried all the APNs listed in the app and none work? any thoughts? would love to use wifi calling for mms/sms with my house having such crappy service. Outside service is fine

If I get a new line with sprint to get the HK for $359, then immediately pay it off and cancel the line, will they try to ding me to pay for that $320 discount??

I can get the HK for a penny on Amazon right now with a re-up of my contract but I think I'd rather at this point buy the phone and not lock in again.

has anyone figured out how to fix the wifi calling APN sms/mms bug for third party messengers? I use google simple messenger app and cannot send or recieve sms/mms from it. Default app just fine but tried all the APNs listed in the app and none work? any thoughts? would love to use wifi calling for mms/sms with my house having such crappy service. Outside service is fine

This also applies to using Hangouts for SMS.

If I get a new line with sprint to get the HK for $359, then immediately pay it off and cancel the line, will they try to ding me to pay for that $320 discount??

I can get the HK for a penny on Amazon right now with a re-up of my contract but I think I'd rather at this point buy the phone and not lock in again.

I am in a similar situation, I don't like any of the current phones enough to waste an upgrade.

The fine print for the easy pay program says that they will allow you to use this special pricing every 12 months for an additional $10/mo so it sounds like it is still subsidized by participation in a contract.

Sprint Easy Pay

Is anyone having an issue where the radio just stops working all together?  I try airplane mode, i try prl and profile updates and none of them work.  I have to reboot the phone.  It happens on 3G and LTE.  I think it might have something to do with the last update. 

Ver: 3.30.654.2

PRI: 2.62_003

prl: 51103

Is anyone having an issue where the radio just stops working all together? I try airplane mode, i try prl and profile updates and none of them work. I have to reboot the phone. It happens on 3G and LTE. I think it might have something to do with the last update.

Yup. Started with the last update.
  • Like 1

Is anyone having an issue where the radio just stops working all together? I try airplane mode, i try prl and profile updates and none of them work. I have to reboot the phone. It happens on 3G and LTE. I think it might have something to do with the last update.

One suggestion...

Make sure that you have ItsOn enabled...it can be a battery hog, but I have found out, the hard way, that if it is disabled, it will screw with your radios

• Like 1

Wtf is ItsOn?

It is a stupid Sprint app that is supposed to help you track your data usage. There are several articles online that describe the app as a battery hog. I personally tried Freezing the app with Titanium Back-Up, even though I never really had a problem with the app, and doing so completely screwed up the data and cellular from radios on my Sprint HTC M8.