HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

there is a new HTC software update for 4.4.4,I'm no sure if I'm brave enough to test it, and if it fixed the issues from the previous version.

Screenshot_2014-12-23-17-52-17.png

there is a new HTC software update for 4.4.4,I'm no sure if I'm brave enough to test it, and if it fixed the issues from the previous version.

What the hell. I'll try it. If I notice anything I'll report back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Downloaded. Only 45.3 MB. Looks like bug fixes. Installing now.

Seems to work fine. Wi-Fi calling was giving me some issues with connecting prior to the update. That seems to be corrected a as it connected to this network right away. Ymmv.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition

Seems to work fine. Wi-Fi calling was giving me some issues with connecting prior to the update. That seems to be corrected a as it connected to this network right away. Ymmv.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition

did your runtime change to art? I didn't have he option for the previous update. So mine was over 300megs. Art is suppose to according to android central forums perform better than previous build.

did your runtime change to art? I didn't have he option for the previous update. So mine was over 300megs. Art is suppose to according to android central forums perform better than previous build.

The change to ART will come with the Lollipop update to 5.0.1. I think your update is the Eye experience update which came out about a month or so ago. The update I just got has the same version number (3.31.654.2) but had only 45.3 MB. So I think it's just bug fixes.

Okay, Google is your friend. Sprint's website has no mention of this release. HTC's however says that Maintenance Release version 3.31.654.2, released on 12/19, is for bug fixes. Glad I checked on a whim so I found it.

I stand corrected. Yes, the sucker is running ART. Seems snappier too. Wow. Thanks for making me look.

I stand corrected. Yes, the sucker is running ART. Seems snappier too. Wow. Thanks for making me look.

Don't mention it. Since I never had the previous update to 3.3.651.2 it didn't change for me on 3.3.654.2 myself. But I read others who did have the previous eye 4.4.4 update before sprint took it down, changed over in this update from dalvik to art. It is speculated in preparation for lolliop.
  • Like 2

Don't mention it. Since I never had the previous update to 3.3.651.2 it didn't change for me on 3.3.654.2 myself. But I read others who did have the previous eye 4.4.4 update before sprint took it down, changed over in this update from dalvik to art. It is speculated in preparation for lolliop.

It would be great if the January 3rd rumor were true for Android Lollipop. One of the things I'm most excited to come from the update is the notification bar color changes in different apps. It's something that I've been envious of Apple device owners for some time about.

yes

Thanks, I will probably hold off on it until a rooted version comes out.

I just got the M8 and I'm in love with it.  The GPE ports work very well and has given me a great taste of Lolipop!  Does this new update include a new modem?  Do the modems have different network optimizations each update? (For example, on the G2, going from one modem to another post KitKat, the signal seemed to stay the same.) 

Thanks, I will probably hold off on it until a rooted version comes out.

I just got the M8 and I'm in love with it. The GPE ports work very well and has given me a great taste of Lolipop! Does this new update include a new modem? Do the modems have different network optimizations each update? (For example, on the G2, going from one modem to another post KitKat, the signal seemed to stay the same.)

Given the size of the update, I'd say it doesn't have anything new other than bug fixes. I didn't RUU, I got it OTA with no data loss. Try check for update and see if it's available.

• Like 1

Given the size of the update, I'd say it doesn't have anything new other than bug fixes. I didn't RUU, I got it OTA with no data loss. Try check for update and see if it's available.

I have a custom recovery otherwise I'd give it a shot. :P

I'm impressed with the B26 performance on this device so I'm set for now.  Only thing is I gotta postpone the OTA download every 4 hours.

Can you post a screen shot of ItsOn's battery usage when it does its thing? My battery life has been down to about 8 hours tops lately, so I'll reset and reinstall things as soon as Lollipop comes out. I don't think it's anything in particular draining the battery, as everything is just slower. Keyboard might take a second or two to pop out now instead of it being nearly instantaneous.

I really wish battery usage was reported and normalized to mAH, instead of just a percentage. I bet my Gmail uses 2 to 3 times as much battery for same amount of email add before.

I didn't update yet... but ItsOn showed itself today..

uploadfromtaptalk1419451314569.png

uploadfromtaptalk1419451321543.png

Hey guys, just to clear up some of the confusion ...

3.31.651.2 and 3.31.654.2 are the same firmware release. 654 is for the Harmon-Kardan phone, 651 is for the "regular" phone. So other than the ADSP and a little extra firmware bits, there's not much difference.

Regarding the 651 and 654 updates that appeared over the last few days, it appears that the version number has not been incremented for some reason. But all the discussion points to bug fixes and not much else. Perhaps putting ItsOn on a leash?

have fun,

john

I've still never seen ItsOn.

Hi Bryce,

Did you take one of the 65x updates? If you did, then you possibly received the new kernel with ItsOn hooks embedded in the ramdisk, as well as the ItsOn software written to your carrier partition and in /system/vendor. Supposedly it only went to prepaid and no-contract customers, but some postpaid users have reported it also.

If you're rooted you can probably find it. If you're rooted, unlocked and S-OFF you can run a custom ROM and not have ItsOn at all. I'm running DigitalHigh's all-carrier GPE port. It's working very well so far - including MMS/SMS and data - two problem areas for most custom ROMs.

have fun,

john

It would be great if the January 3rd rumor were true for Android Lollipop. One of the things I'm most excited to come from the update is the notification bar color changes in different apps. It's something that I've been envious of Apple device owners for some time about.

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee that the lollipop update won't be on the 3rd.

• Like 1