HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Is anyone having an issue where the radio just stops working all together?  I try airplane mode, i try prl and profile updates and none of them work.  I have to reboot the phone.  It happens on 3G and LTE.  I think it might have something to do with the last update. 

Ver: 3.30.654.2

PRI: 2.62_003

prl: 51103

I've been having similar issues. Even WiFi can stop working as well.

• Like 1

It is a stupid Sprint app that is supposed to help you track your data usage. There are several articles online that describe the app as a battery hog. I personally tried Freezing the app with Titanium Back-Up, even though I never really had a problem with the app, and doing so completely screwed up the data and cellular from radios on my Sprint HTC M8.

I don't have this app.

• Like 1

Just picked up the h/k m8... Did the whole round of updates... Replaced my one max till the next iteration. I never got pinged to download the last update to HTC eye software. Could it be due to issues that you others are experiencing with the radio?

Just picked up the h/k m8... Did the whole round of updates... Replaced my one max till the next iteration. I never got pinged to download the last update to HTC eye software. Could it be due to issues that you others are experiencing with the radio?

Possible. The radio problem is pretty rare, so wonder if it's even a known issue.

I went into my data/epst screen menu and actually saw it under the settings as being disabled I'm on the previous update and not the latest one so is it possible to go into your debug engineering screen and disable it from there?

You'll need the msl to make edits though!

The ItsOn app is very hidden and won't show up in your list of apps. Unless you installed something like the BadBoyz rom, it's on your phone.

Not even, it's just not there. It's not using data or even on my battery usage menu.

I went into my data/epst screen menu and actually saw it under the settings as being disabled I'm on the previous update and not the latest one so is it possible to go into your debug engineering screen and disable it from there?

You'll need the msl to make edits though!

If you're on the latest update and disable it through EPST it will re-enable itself when you reboot.

This is why you must ROOT ALL THE THINGS and go with custom ROMs...bloatware and crapware like this are awful.

If you're on the latest update and disable it through EPST it will re-enable itself when you reboot.

That's horrible! Wow

That's horrible! Wow

It has to re-enable itself. It's baked into the kernel and data won't work without it. There are plenty of mostly stock roms like BadBoyz that have successfully removed it, but they had to modify dozens of files, as well as the kernel, to get it to work.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to remove that contact card with your name on it when you pull down the top? It's the one on the page with "wifi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, etc.." I've sold my m8 and it has the 4.4.4 GPE rom flashed to it, so I'm trying to clean it up without erasing it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 6

It has to re-enable itself. It's baked into the kernel and data won't work without it. There are plenty of mostly stock roms like BadBoyz that have successfully removed it, but they had to modify dozens of files, as well as the kernel, to get it to work.

There's a 17 page forum post in the Sprint Community 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/177468?start=0&tstart=0

Looks like this was designed for managing pre-paid accounts but the numbnutz managed to bake it in to the latest 4.4.4 OTA and it's randomly getting triggered on post-paid accounts as well.

Highly recommend rooting. I haven't had a stock phone since I bought my first OG EVO. Rooted that, my 3D, my M7, and as soon as I acquire an M8 that's the first thing I'll do.

Does anyone know how to remove that contact card with your name on it when you pull down the top? It's the one on the page with "wifi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, etc.." I've sold my m8 and it has the 4.4.4 GPE rom flashed to it, so I'm trying to clean it up without erasing it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Sent from my iPhone 6

seems like the user card is based on your gmail. probably have to do a wipe, reinstall the rom and not go through the setup where you enter your gmail.

Sent from my iPhone 6

there is not really clean way to 'log out' from your phone, if you care about the security of your google account, you will do a full encryption then wipe.

this will prevent anyone from forensically recovering leftover data on your device.

• Like 1

seems like the user card is based on your gmail. probably have to do a wipe, reinstall the rom and not go through the setup where you enter your gmail.

there is not really clean way to 'log out' from your phone, if you care about the security of your google account, you will do a full encryption then wipe.

this will prevent anyone from forensically recovering leftover data on your device.

I've deleted/logged out of all accounts, and never used the phone for anything sensitive. I appreciate your responses, though. That ROM was a pain to install because the touchscreen installer (I forget what it was called) didn't work, and had to use the volume/power button to select everything (which wouldn't highlight options so I was basically guessing until I got it right).

Sent from my iPhone 6

I still think you may be confused.

you can clear the data without changing the GPE rom.

any custom settings that are stored on the data (instead of system) may have to be reconfigured by the new owner, but that is not your problem.

if the touch screen was not working in recovery, then you probably need to use a different or newer recovery.

so one aspect I do like about the HTC One m8 is that I can disable all the bands or selectively enable which band I wanna use at any time. Right now I disabled band 26 and band 25 and noticed that I can get band 41 almost everywhere but my bathroom which is further into my apartment. But the band normalizes around 115 RSRP and goes up from there. Which it normally wouldn't pick up if the other two were active. The other day I mapped band 26 towers on my commute to work so that was fun... But this phone isn't as sensitive as my one max in holding and retaining band 41 in regular usage.