HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Well, in regards to the gps issue, the phone never shows a lock in the engineering screen. It doesn't say failed anymore though.

Google maps and 3rd party satellite apps work, but the phone itself apparently can't get gps. Rootmetrics can't lock, but sensorly can.

Weird.

I'm just gonna give it time for now. I tried again last night, even drove right up to the building where the antenna is located. Nothing there or anywhere around there. In fact, my signal check pro app seems to invariably show that anytime I'm in a known band 41 coverage area that I am only connected to band 25. Is this possibily just a signal check error with the one?

I know a few weeks ago I had issues with not being able to connect to band 26 at all, not sure if its related or not but I will definitely hit you up when I get back to atl in a few days.

I'm just gonna give it time for now. I tried again last night, even drove right up to the building where the antenna is located. Nothing there or anywhere around there. In fact, my signal check pro app seems to invariably show that anytime I'm in a known band 41 coverage area that I am only connected to band 25. Is this possibily just a signal check error with the one?

Did you have just band 41 enabled and all the other bands disabled. Because if you didn't, then your at the mercy of what the networks picks for you.

I know a few weeks ago I had issues with not being able to connect to band 26 at all, not sure if its related or not but I will definitely hit you up when I get back to atl in a few days.

Update....over near Lindbergh in south buckhead just a few minutes ago I did pick up band 41. I also did the ##update# not 5 minutes prior and so it could very well be related. Whatever the case, I'm glad I was and am able to latch onto it.

• Like 1

The PLMN in SCP does get stuck on on HTC devices, so it's possible you've been connected before if you haven't been checking the engineering screens to confirm. Get to know your local GCIs. Band 25 and Band 26 will have one market code (the first three characters) and Band 41 will have a different code. 

• Like 2

The PLMN in SCP does get stuck on on HTC devices, so it's possible you've been connected before if you haven't been checking the engineering screens to confirm. Get to know your local GCIs. Band 25 and Band 26 will have one market code (the first three characters) and Band 41 will have a different code.

Good to know.

Europe is finally getting 4.4.4 with the new Eye experience revealed in the RE camera event. I wonder how long it'll take to make it stateside, and what else it'll fix. I'd like to see them fix the flickering status bar icon, and figure out a way to free up some real estate along the top.

According to Signal Check or Engineering screens?

Yes. Today I had to return to the tag office which is bathed in glorious band 41

and again my phone showed lte (b25). I checked the engineering screen and it clearly showed band 41. Did a speed test and I was pulling 51mbps down. Definitely 41. So I wonder if there is anything that Mike can do to possibly address this issue with signal check as it pertains to the m8?

uh signal checks ability to determine b41 is still under development, meaning the only 100% accurate way is the engineering screen.

but you can usually determine b41 on your own by paying attention to the GCI and how it differs from the b25/26 gci.

• Like 1

Europe is finally getting 4.4.4 with the new Eye experience revealed in the RE camera event. I wonder how long it'll take to make it stateside, and what else it'll fix. I'd like to see them fix the flickering status bar icon, and figure out a way to free up some real estate along the top.

The latest update should be right around the corner.

• Like 1

Anyone know if sprint is getting the htc one m8 eye?

I think the m8 eye may be only available overseas. 

Right now it's an AT&T exclusive. After that, your guess is as good as mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think you are talking about the desire eye which is for at&t not the m8 eye.

I think the m8 eye may be only available overseas.

I think you are talking about the desire eye which is for at&t not the m8 eye.

Oh yes. You're right. Forgot about that other Eye-Phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes. Today I had to return to the tag office which is bathed in glorious band 41

and again my phone showed lte (b25). I checked the engineering screen and it clearly showed band 41. Did a speed test and I was pulling 51mbps down. Definitely 41. So I wonder if there is anything that Mike can do to possibly address this issue with signal check as it pertains to the m8?

The new SCP is in Beta testing right now, and it's working great for me. Several new nice features, and much improved B41 detection. Should be out later this week or early next barring any bugs.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 5

The new SCP is in Beta testing right now, and it's working great for me. Several new nice features, and much improved B41 detection. Should be out later this week or early next barring any bugs.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's great news!

anyone know if there is a way to get my phone to prioritize 1x800 over 1x1900? I work on a boat and go up to 15 miles out and my phone will pick up an unusable 1x1900 while I have a usable 1x800 signal available. My phone will only briefly swap to 1x800 for a few seconds not giving you time to do anything. Also In the area I live service is terrible around on 1x1900 but my phone still stays on it. I can be closer to the tower on LTE and when I make a call it will connect to 1x800 but not when on 3G. When I connect a call on 1x800 while on LTE and drive to the bad area the call still has perfect call quality on 1x800. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks

I'm not sure but I often find that my phone parks on 1x1900 but when I attempt a cal it switches to 1x800, so it may bot be a problem of your device connecting but your device won't stay parked on it. That sounds like the network is simply trying to stop 1x800 from becoming overloaded so it pushes your device to PCS.

• Like 1

I'm not sure but I often find that my phone parks on 1x1900 but when I attempt a cal it switches to 1x800, so it may bot be a problem of your device connecting but your device won't stay parked on it. That sounds like the network is simply trying to stop 1x800 from becoming overloaded so it pushes your device to PCS.

My phone when on 1900 connects to 1900. It doesn't swap to 800 at the time of the call unless it's on LTE. I went through Columbia a few months ago and when I lost LTE my phone parked on 800, I was hoping this would be the case here but so far It isn't.

In my limited experience with 800 my phone parks on 1900 but as soon as that signal becomes weak enough it switches to 800.

Thats one of the problems, my hangs on to 1900 until there is no signal and I end up with bad phone calls, dropped calls, or not able to connect. Meanwhile a good 800 signal is available