HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Has anyone figured out how to change the band priorities on the m8? Can you even do it on this phone? I just started getting band 26 and it's way better than 25 but 25 always muscles its way on top

On mine I can disable or enable bands, which I find useful if I am trying to map which sites are broadcasting band 26 or 41 ( I just temporarily disable the other two). If that's what you are trying to accomplish, then that's what you will need to do.

As far as setting the "band priority", this setting only effects the order in which the device scans for those LTE bands. Once connected to the network, the network controls which band your device is on (assuming your device supports those bands and has them enabled and has a useable signal). 

I may and try to disable band 25 because 26 looks to be prevelant in my norcal area. I guess I need me mal for that. I asked Sprint like a month ago and they absolutely would not give it to me. I give it another try I guess

I may and try to disable band 25 because 26 looks to be prevelant in my norcal area. I guess I need me mal for that. I asked Sprint like a month ago and they absolutely would not give it to me. I give it another try I guess

No. B26 is for backup and indoor coverage. It's not a camping band. Way to valuable

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No. B26 is for backup and indoor coverage. It's not a camping band. Way to valuable

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

If you are just looking to identify Band 26, it's not a huge deal, but Jamison is correct, users shouldn't try to force B26 all the time. It will slow it down just as B25 has slowed down, and we don't want that. 

If you are just looking to identify Band 26, it's not a huge deal, but Jamison is correct, users shouldn't try to force B26 all the time. It will slow it down just as B25 has slowed down, and we don't want that. 

Exactly, In most places Sprint has enough spectrum to add additional band 25 and 41 LTE carriers, but there will only be one carrier in band 26. It needs to be reserved for those that simply can't get a decent band 25 or 41 signal.

Well reading through all 1280 posts in this thread was a bit of a project but I have definitely gained some useful information in this thread. I've been terrified of going to Spark on the M8 from all the horror stories I've seen elsewhere, esp on the M8/S5's but it seems to be the case that most of the early problems were caused by bad devices and what isn't that is CSFB issues, and from my understanding in my market's thread we are mostly provisioned so I have laid a lot of doubts to rest and am looking forward to some Tri-Band goodness. In addition to a very sexy upgrade from my SIII :D

Also I don't know if anyone else noticed they are giving away free HK editions through Sprint Zone and on the website until the end of August? I'm waiting to finish up that contest and if I miraculously win one then WOOOHOOO!!!! but otherwise I don't have to be so skeptical about dropping the $230 now.

• 2 weeks later...

Did this update actually add/change any features? The only info I could find is that it was a direct HTC update via the Play store.

Personally, I did not see any changes, but while I do use the lock-screen, I don't use a password on the lock-screen so that is probably the reason that I did not see too much of a change in anything.

Does anyone have trouble with the GPS? When traveling, I rely on Waze and Google Navigation, but after 2-3 uses, GPS stops working. In the nav apps, it means that my app location doesn't update making them useless. Rebooting the phone fixes the problem, but not always. Has that happened to anyone else? Any other suggestions on how to restore the GPS functionality?

Martin

Does anyone have trouble with the GPS? When traveling, I rely on Waze and Google Navigation, but after 2-3 uses, GPS stops working. In the nav apps, it means that my app location doesn't update making them useless. Rebooting the phone fixes the problem, but not always. Has that happened to anyone else? Any other suggestions on how to restore the GPS functionality?

Martin

Yes, I have been having the same problem.

The problem seemed to start after the latest Firmware update that brought the WiFi Calling feature.

It seems that the GPS problems are being caused by the WiFi Calling feature. My personal belief is that it is the Location Verification part of the WiFi Calling feature that is causing the problem.

For me, rebooting does not resolve the problem. The only thing that works for me is to completely shut down the phone for a minute or so, and then restart it.

I hope that the bug is fixed sometime soon. Until then, however, I will just keep shutting down the phone, and restarting it when I have the problem.

• Like 1

I disabled wifi calling and verified it was removed from my 'services' on my sprint account due to GPS issues.

The only reliable way to fix it after disabling wifi calling is to do a data profile reset. Go to the phone and dial ##3282#, select edit mode, enter your MSL (if you don't know it you can either install MSL reader from the Play Store if you're rooted or call Sprint and ask for it if you're not). Go to Data Profile, click on Menu, hit restore, and hit okay to any warnings (this will only reset your data profile, your apps and data will be untouched). After rebooting you will need to go through hands-free activation, but the GPS should work afterwards.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Sprint will replace the camera lens glass on my m8 if I have insurance? I don't know how, but my lens looks like someone scratched it up with sandpaper. I can't even take decent pictures anymore. :/

Does anyone know if Sprint will replace the camera lens glass on my m8 if I have insurance? I don't know how, but my lens looks like someone scratched it up with sandpaper. I can't even take decent pictures anymore. :/

Mine did this too, but it's actually just a coating that's getting scratched, not the glass itself. If you take a credit card or even you fingernail and scratch the heck out of the lens, you'll remove what's left of the coating and your pictures will look good again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Take a cutip and rubbing alcohol and scrub the lenses with that and it'll get rid of the film on the lense. Then your photos will be clear again.

• Like 2

Q-tip with toothpaste, rub vigorously, it will work wonders.

• Like 2

hmmm I just may try that. i have the same issue on my Galaxy Mega Lens.

So do you just put the toothpaste on the qtip and rub the lens dry or do you wet the qtip with water first?

TS

No need, just apply toothpaste and start rubbing.  With the m8 there is a clear film that sits on top of the lens the becomes distorted or easily scratched with higher temperatures not sure if the mega has that same film or not but give it a try.

• Like 2