HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Nope. Certainly not for non-GPE devices though likely not for anyone at all!

I would estimate the earliest would be the end of January.

• Like 2

So since moving from 2.16 to the latest 3.31.654.2 I have my first occurrence of itson. But so far is a miniscule percentage. I've been keeping a lookout for it in fear of the battery ramifications.

Screenshot_2014-12-25-23-01-23_1.jpg

• Like 1

The current version of software for the HTC One M8 on the Sprint web site is 3.30.651.2.  The small update is version 3.31.651.2 that was received on 12/19.

h/k edition 3.31.654.2 the non h/k received 3.31.651.2. We clarified the difference earlier a few posts up. But my issue is I never had 4.4.4 got my device a lil over 3 weeks agoago. by that time the previous update was pulled.

With the latest update, how is this "cloud gallery" feature supposed to work on One M8 (not HK)?  I keep seeing a message that Cloud Gallery has removed duplicates, but it's unclear which photos got uploaded (which is concerning in itself).

• Like 1

With this latest update my battery is getting smoked.  I cant even keep the thing charged now.  Not sure what the hell happened, but I used to be able to stream non stop with it plugged in, and now, for the first time ever, I got a "you need to close apps or shut the screen off in order to charge" type of message.  The charger, same stock charger it came with, suddenly cant keep up unless the phone is completely idle and not even being looked at from across the room.

4 hours on battery today, less than 2 with screen on, battery is at 48 percent already. Wtf did these guys do? I live next to my tower, so it's not due to a weak signal. But fore this update 13 hours was easy to achieve with normal use.

4 hours on battery today, less than 2 with screen on, battery is at 48 percent already. Wtf did these guys do? I live next to my tower, so it's not due to a weak signal. But fore this update 13 hours was easy to achieve with normal use.

No power issues but my phone did become unbelieveably slow and had issues with the screen not coming on due to a delay between input and action(probably 2-3 minutes).

No power issues but my phone did become unbelieveably slow and had issues with the screen not coming on due to a delay between input and action(probably 2-3 minutes).

I plan on re-imaging and doing a factory reset on my M8 one Lollipop comes out.

That is probably a good idea.

There are three possibilities for bad battery life:

1. File system fragmented and/or apps and is not upgrading cleanly.

2. Battery going bad.

3. Flash memory going bad and using more CPU and battery for each read and write.

I'm hoping it's just #1 that's the problem.

No easy way to tell if it's #2. An app might be able to test #3.

There are three possibilities for bad battery life:

1. File system fragmented and/or apps and is not upgrading cleanly.

2. Battery going bad.

3. Flash memory going bad and using more CPU and battery for each read and write.

I'm hoping it's just #1 that's the problem.

No easy way to tell if it's #2. An app might be able to test #3.

My battery is good. It was the performance that went south. I rebooted, deleted the last couple of downloaded apps and doing a virus check as we speak. So far so good. The performance slow down even affected my notifications. They came in like gang busters once I rebooted.

Got the update and still running Dalvik. Are there any apps still having issues running ART, or have they sorted most of the issues out? If you do decide to switch to ART, has anyone run into problems?

I've been running ART since the second day I owned my M8, and I ordered it on launch day.  I haven't had problems with apps, at least that I know of.  At the time, since my M8 was brand new I figured I didn't have anything to lose with enabling ART.

However, if you prefer to live on the safer side, maybe just wait for the Lollipop upgrade when the newer, better ART is the official runtime.

No Lollipop upgrade today. :(

It's still a bit early. And based on the way my Nexus has been running with it, I hope they take their time. At least wait for 5.0.2 to correct the memory leak.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No Lollipop upgrade today.  :o

Not likely considering that lollipop is still in the integration phase and hasn't even started the certification phase

• Like 1

root it and install Captain Throwback GPE ROM from XDA!

That's what I'm running.  Absolutely flawless.  Very stable.  There was one time where I had to toggle airplane to get LTE back but other than that there's been no issue.

I would switch my m8 to GPE, except last time I tried it (several months ago before lollipop) there is no way to update profile/prl without switching back to a stock rom.

Also, using google launcher on stock m8 is close enough to GPE and able to keep taking stock OTA's.

Lollipop update is being rolled out to Developer and Unlocked editions of the M8 now.

Just got my stock rooted setup complete now.  Loving it.  But, I do have some handy Xposed modules that I will dearly miss when Lollipop hits.  Still, I am excited to see a Sense-based Lollipop ROM.

Lollipop update is being rolled out to Developer and Unlocked editions of the M8 now.

Does this suggest that HTC has done everything they need to do to bring Lollipop to the M8, and that it's up to Sprint to do their tweaks and testing before starting the rollout? 

• Like 1

Does this suggest that HTC has done everything they need to do to bring Lollipop to the M8, and that it's up to Sprint to do their tweaks and testing before starting the rollout? 

That's exactly what it seems like to me. Sprint probably has it and is evaluating it right now and we're likely to get it within 1-2 weeks.