HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

I think I found a bad bug. Can someone try and record a video while on Wi-Fi calling? It won't let me.

You can't do that on any call. The call is already using your microphone and your camera needs the microphone too. You have to shut one down to use the other. It's not a bug at all.

You can't do that on any call. The call is already using your microphone and your camera needs the microphone too. You have to shut one down to use the other. It's not a bug at all.

But I wasn't on a call.

Actually you can record video and be on a call at the same time so that's not the issue, I don't think you can on a touch wiz device though. Anyway, the other day I tried using Shazam to get the name of a song and it said something along the lines of "the microphone is being used by another app" so I couldn't use Shazam at the time. I can only assume it's related to the "ok Google detection" because that leaves your mic on all the time if that's how you have it set up but I'm still not sure because I haven't been able to repeat the issue again.

Can someone please offer up a suggestion on how to remove the SD encryption, or why I can't disable it and turn my lock screen off?!? It's like I'm not an administrator of my phone any more...

Corporate Exchange account?

yea if you log in to a corporate/work exchange account, they can apply restrictive device profiles (ie mandatory lock screens, encryption, etc).

• Like 1

Yes, I had an Exchange account for work email, but I since deleted the account sync. I had it before the update, and it had never prompted me to add a lock screen. I also did not have my SD encrypted, as I did not have one installed in the phone.

Is there a way to clear the settings out from the Exchange account, or verify they were removed when the account was removed.

Does anyone see the phone scan LTE bands in the debug screen? I dont. I only ask because I can't find a B41 connection, even though I should be able too in some areas near me, and I have been to known cities. I am actually wondering if my phone has an issue where it can't get B41. B25 and 26 work fine.

Sent from my HTC M8

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2824025

See my post there in response... Odd that now that you can enable/disable bands that they showed b41 disabled for me... Anyone else seeing that on the latest update?

Also thought it was real odd the validation on the band priority option that's thrown.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2824025

See my post there in response... Odd that now that you can enable/disable bands that they showed b41 disabled for me... Anyone else seeing that on the latest update?

Also thought it was real odd the validation on the band priority option that's thrown.

Thanks for this post. I don't have my MSL, but in view mode I now can confirm B41 is disabled. Wonder what reason there is for this, because it's sort of annoying.

Sent from my HTC M8

Thanks for this post. I don't have my MSL, but in view mode I now can confirm B41 is disabled. Wonder what reason there is for this, because it's sort of annoying.

Sent from my HTC M8

Yeah I need to go to the tower and see if it does still connect to 41 and it's just display issue there....

Only reason I say that is because of the bad validation thrown when selecting band priority asking for more than 1 enabled when I have 2 enabled... Shot in the dark but possible...as the screen wasn't there before.

Yeah I need to go to the tower and see if it does still connect to 41 and it's just display issue there....

Only reason I say that is because of the bad validation thrown when selecting band priority asking for more than 1 enabled when I have 2 enabled... Shot in the dark but possible...as the screen wasn't there before.

From all indications I have, I should of had B41 in some spots, even ones where B25 wasn't setup (wimax conversion site), but have never gotten a 41 connection.

Sent from my HTC M8

From all indications I have, I should of had B41 in some spots, even ones where B25 wasn't setup (wimax conversion site), but have never gotten a 41 connection.

Sent from my HTC M8

I've had the same issue. Should have quite a bit of B41 all around me and only connect in one of those spots. Seems like they've turned off the rest of them for now - which seems odd to me.

I just checked mine in view mode and all three are enabled, guess I will call to get my msl and check priorities

Sent from my HTC M8

The MSL Reader app from the Play Store works on the M8 if you're rooted. Just hit "Continue Anyways" when it says that you're not on a HTC device. Much faster than calling.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esccode.msl

Has anybody had trouble actually enabling wifi calling?

I received the firmware update and installed it, then went into settings to enable wifi calling.  Went through the steps but afterwords I had an "authentication error" in the notification bar.  Kept trying to enable, same result.  That was a few days ago.

I logged into my account online and tried to remove the "block" on my phone (I'm the only member of a Framily plan) but it wouldn't let me, even though it mentions Wi-Fi Calling as a feature of my plan elsewhere on the site.

So today I contacted Sprint via the Chat Now on the web site.  The CSR was very helpful, and we tried a bunch of things, but nothing worked.  She directed me to the Wi-Fi Calling app (I didn't notice it was there) and it always prompts me to enable wifi calling, and when I do it does some stuff then restarts, but wifi calling is still disabled.

So she recommended that I contact another number for advanced technical support and she made notes in the file to help.

Has anybody else experienced problems like this?  I'm guessing it's something on the Sprint side and not my device.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Has anybody had trouble actually enabling wifi calling?

I received the firmware update and installed it, then went into settings to enable wifi calling. Went through the steps but afterwords I had an "authentication error" in the notification bar. Kept trying to enable, same result. That was a few days ago.

I logged into my account online and tried to remove the "block" on my phone (I'm the only member of a Framily plan) but it wouldn't let me, even though it mentions Wi-Fi Calling as a feature of my plan elsewhere on the site.

So today I contacted Sprint via the Chat Now on the web site. The CSR was very helpful, and we tried a bunch of things, but nothing worked. She directed me to the Wi-Fi Calling app (I didn't notice it was there) and it always prompts me to enable wifi calling, and when I do it does some stuff then restarts, but wifi calling is still disabled.

So she recommended that I contact another number for advanced technical support and she made notes in the file to help.

Has anybody else experienced problems like this? I'm guessing it's something on the Sprint side and not my device.

Any thoughts?

I had this problem when I first tried it. Have up, and randomly tried it a few days later. This time it worked.

Only issue is that mms won't download when that mode is enabled.

I had this problem when I first tried it. Have up, and randomly tried it a few days later. This time it worked.

Only issue is that mms won't download when that mode is enabled.

OK, Wi-Fi Calling is now enabled.  The CSR was changing stuff on my account and maybe it took a couple of hours to work through the system.  That makes sense, as the web site says as much when changing Wi-Fi stuff.

Regarding MMS.  My buddy sent an MMS to me but I didn't even get a notification that there was something to download.  Just nothing at all, like it was never sent.  I also sent an MMS but I don't think it's working as it still says "Sending" under the picture I sent (I use Hangouts as the SMS/MMS client).

Is the MMS problem a known bug, or is that how it's supposed to work?  I'll probably disable Wi-Fi calling if MMS doesn't work.  What a shame.

OK, Wi-Fi Calling is now enabled. The CSR was changing stuff on my account and maybe it took a couple of hours to work through the system. That makes sense, as the web site says as much when changing Wi-Fi stuff.

Regarding MMS. My buddy sent an MMS to me but I didn't even get a notification that there was something to download. Just nothing at all, like it was never sent. I also sent an MMS but I don't think it's working as it still says "Sending" under the picture I sent (I use Hangouts as the SMS/MMS client).

Is the MMS problem a known bug, or is that how it's supposed to work? I'll probably disable Wi-Fi calling if MMS doesn't work. What a shame.

I don't understated why mms is an issue. With Wi-Fi on, mms notification comes over like sms, but gets downloaded via Wi-Fi.