HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Not just HTC, mate.

By they I was referring to Sprint.

If you have so much diversity in your phone experience, and hate Android, you have an M8 why???

Sent from my HTC M8

• Like 1

Jesus, folks. Just posing a question. Disregard.

Like what dstar2002 said, no worries at all but it sounded more like you were ranting more that wanting assistance.  Did you reset the phone using the ##786# code on the dialer?  Like I said, give that a try and see how it works.  Also, are you rooted or not?

Yes, I tried that twice. Not rooted.

Well if you tried the ##786# and you are still having issues then I guess its time to head to the store and get it swapped out.

Nope. I test and review phones and networks...so quite normal. ;)

There are only a few flagships a year. If you are reviewing that many devices, than yes it is likely you're running into the mid and low end devices, which tend to be bugger and less well made.

HTC flagships have been some of the best devices out there. With the exception of the EVO 3D (which wasn't all that bad....) the HTC flagship device each year generally has been the device that sets the bar, even though they generally aren't as popular. Mainly because of marketing.

If you want a device that has issues with lag, get a Samsung.

:ninja:

• Like 2

There are only a few flagships a year. If you are reviewing that many devices, than yes it is likely you're running into the mid and low end devices, which tend to be bugger and less well made.

HTC flagships have been some of the best devices out there. With the exception of the EVO 3D (which wasn't all that bad....) the HTC flagship device each year generally has been the device that sets the bar, even though they generally aren't as popular. Mainly because of marketing.

Completely agree with you in regards to HTC. They make great devices and they deserve to be on the top, but that sub par marketing really gets them at the end of the day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yeah, guess who refuses to test Samsung devices? This guy... ;)

• Like 1

I feel like an idiot but this needs to be put out there....finally figured out what my issue was on the M8 this morning. Kept turning on power saver (even after hard reset) which seems to decrease the CPU clock rate, among other things - leading to very laggy performance. <sheepishly walks away>

• Like 1

I feel like an idiot but this needs to be put out there....finally figured out what my issue was on the M8 this morning. Kept turning on power saver (even after hard reset) which seems to decrease the CPU clock rate, among other things - leading to very laggy performance.

We all have those moments haha, at least Is was not your phone having a issue. When I got my M8 the radio wouldn't work for no longer than 3 seconds, had to get another one and loved it.

I feel like an idiot but this needs to be put out there....finally figured out what my issue was on the M8 this morning. Kept turning on power saver (even after hard reset) which seems to decrease the CPU clock rate, among other things - leading to very laggy performance. <sheepishly walks away>

Actually thats understandable because after a hard reset when setting up your phone the sprint connection optimizer comes up and doesn't give you the option to decline, I think it just says "ok" and "more options".  Just clicking on ok turns on connection optimizer and you would never actually know it but clicking on more options takes you to were you can uncheck the optimizer box to turn it off.

• Like 1

Sometimes the issues are with the tower though. My tower has had everything upgraded for about 9 months and last night I had almost no signal and 1x connection... Likely to a different tower. I thought it was something I did because I hack my phone pretty heavily.... I checked my wife's iPhone and she has the same weak 1x signal. It was like our tower, which we can see out the window, wasn't even there. An hour later it came back. Crazy sprint.

Sometimes the issues are with the tower though. My tower has had everything upgraded for about 9 months and last night I had almost no signal and 1x connection... Likely to a different tower. I thought it was something I did because I hack my phone pretty heavily.... I checked my wife's iPhone and she has the same weak 1x signal. It was like our tower, which we can see out the window, wasn't even there. An hour later it came back. Crazy sprint.

Could have been maintenance. Or something burned out. Also, they have to completely shut everything down to install the new Band 41 equipment....

Sent from my LG G3

Actually thats understandable because after a hard reset when setting up your phone the sprint connection optimizer comes up and doesn't give you the option to decline, I think it just says "ok" and "more options".  Just clicking on ok turns on connection optimizer and you would never actually know it but clicking on more options takes you to were you can uncheck the optimizer box to turn it off.

You can hit the back button and it won't enable the 'optimizer'.

• Like 1

You can hit the back button and it won't enable the 'optimizer'.

LOL, didn't even think about that.

yeah, they are trixsy hobbitsiz, I'm sure a lot of people forget to go back and disable it, at least until it annoys them enough to go look for it.

• Like 3

Well I have tried the HTC m7, and m8 now. Both have been the worst regarding to Bugs. Especially the m8 h/k edition. Hardware great, Just there is some bugs that make general use Impossible. Example today, I couldn not even type a single word, without my keyboard going crazy, opening up random apps, shuffling app shortcuts around on my homescreen. Not to mention the LTE being out on my device due to the Wifi calling update. Simple stuff like that is what keeps people away. HTC leaves a bad taste in tons of peoples mouths. I have people that come in with the same experience. The previous generationHTC devices, HTC vivid, HTC evo are examples of Bad devices that set the bar for people to avoid HTC. Honestly, LG devices have been the most reliable. Both the lg n5, and G2. Hopefully the g3 will be a great device. But  this year the s5, and g3 Are better phones from my experience. The m8 Is just too buggy, and is hard to deal with these bugs. I loved the phone before this last update. Just got a replacement in and Will not update to the latest Update, so I will see how well it can perform without buggy software.  just my 2 cents

Well I have tried the HTC m7, and m8 now. Both have been the worst regarding to Bugs. Especially the m8 h/k edition. Hardware great, Just there is some bugs that make general use Impossible. Example today, I couldn not even type a single word, without my keyboard going crazy, opening up random apps, shuffling app shortcuts around on my homescreen. Not to mention the LTE being out on my device due to the Wifi calling update. Simple stuff like that is what keeps people away. HTC leaves a bad taste in tons of peoples mouths. I have people that come in with the same experience. The previous generationHTC devices, HTC vivid, HTC evo are examples of Bad devices that set the bar for people to avoid HTC. Honestly, LG devices have been the most reliable. Both the lg n5, and G2. Hopefully the g3 will be a great device. But  this year the s5, and g3 Are better phones from my experience. The m8 Is just too buggy, and is hard to deal with these bugs. I loved the phone before this last update. Just got a replacement in and Will not update to the latest Update, so I will see how well it can perform without buggy software.  just my 2 cents

Well, that may be your 2 cents, but that seems about the opposite of the experience I have had, and many others have had. HTC in my opinion has had the LEAST buggy flagships. 

It sounds to me like you have gotten some bad apples. I still  have my EVO LTE, and M7. Both of which still work great. My dad is using the M7 as his everyday driver and has no complaints. 

I haven't gotten my hands on an M8 yet, but from most other's reports, there aren't bugs the way you are describing. 

• Like 4

Well, that may be your 2 cents, but that seems about the opposite of the experience I have had, and many others have had. HTC in my opinion has had the LEAST buggy flagships. 

It sounds to me like you have gotten some bad apples. I still  have my EVO LTE, and M7. Both of which still work great. My dad is using the M7 as his everyday driver and has no complaints. 

I haven't gotten my hands on an M8 yet, but from most other's reports, there aren't bugs the way you are describing.

The bugs are mainly on the H/K edition. From what I was told From a tech was the H/K had a big, and the hast update was supposed to fix it, but actually made it worse. When it was fresh out of box it was great, getting performance like my n5, but slowly got worse with each update. Replacement works great so we will see if this Apple isn't sour......well keyboard issue still here while typing this.

The bugs are mainly on the H/K edition. From what I was told From a tech was the H/K had a big, and the hast update was supposed to fix it, but actually made it worse. When it was fresh out of box it was great, getting performance like my n5, but slowly got worse with each update. Replacement works great so we will see if this Apple isn't sour......well keyboard issue still here while typing this.

I wish I had an HK M8 to compare. However, the STL guys and Colorado guys with the HK M8 haven't had any complaints. Nor has the staff with the M8. Maybe this fall I'll be able to pick up an M8.

• Like 2

I have the m8 h/k and I don't have any problems at all, now are you rooted? If yes that can be your problem, I got my phone unlocked and s-off and I'm not seeing any problem so far [emoji3]
  • Like 3