Sprint announces 40 more cites for LTE

Sprint today announced that another 40 cities have joined the ranks of its LTE networks. The additions give Sprint a total of 340 LTE markets in the United States.

The newly added locales are:

• Anderson, S.C.
  • Camden, N.J.
  • Cape Girardeau-Jackson, Mo.-Ill.
  • Carson City, Nev.
  • Colorado Springs, Colo.
  • Concord, N.H.
  • Eugene-Springfield, Ore.
  • Evansville, Ind.-Ky.
  • Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Ark.
  • Georgetown, S.C.
  • Glasgow, Ky.
  • Greenville, Ohio
  • Hilton Head Island-Beaufort, S.C.
  • Hudson, N.Y.
  • Idaho Falls, Idaho
  • Jackson, Miss.
  • Laconia, N.H.
  • Marion, Ohio
  • McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas
  • Midland, Mich.
  • Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, Wis.
  • Mobile, Ala.
  • Monroe, La.
  • New Castle, Pa.
  • New Philadelphia-Dover, Ohio
  • Olean, N.Y.
  • Olympia, Wash.
  • Owensboro, Ky.
  • Owosso, Mich.
  • Paducah, Ky.-Ill.
  • Parkersburg-Marietta-Vienna, W.V.-Ohio
  • Point Pleasant, W.V.-Ohio
  • Providence, R.I.
  • Reno-Sparks, Nev.
  • Rockingham County-Strafford County, N.H.
  • Salt Lake City
  • Spartanburg, S.C.
  • Springfield, Ohio
  • Tacoma, Wash.
  • Yuma, Ariz.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-adds-another-40-cities-its-lte-roster

• Like 11

the problem with sprint is they are to slow to build the new network vision,here in my area (Ct ) pre-launched lte in some cities since december 19/12 is over a year....to much time to roll out lte,also the areas are very spoty ,if when they oficial release the lte in my area hope to get a better coverage and more places and not only the spots sensorely show now...

• Like 1

the problem with sprint is they are to slow to build the new network vision,here in my area (Ct ) pre-launched lte in some cities since december 19/12 is over a year....to much time to roll out lte,also the areas are very spoty ,if when they oficial release the lte in my area hope to get a better coverage and more places and not only the spots sensorely show now...

The big problem right now in CT is not actually something Sprint has control over.

The cast majority of cell sites in CT have already been converted to Network Vision, however the internet companies contracted to provide the high speeds backhaul (fiber, microwave, etc.) have been very slow to deliver.

If a site doesn't have new equipment yet, it's generally a permitting issue with the local government. If it does have new equipment, but no LTE, it's waiting on backhaul.

• Like 2

Slow?  No.  Sprint is deploying LTE across its network faster than VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile are doing so.

AJ

• Like 2

I love how they put one 4G site in the heart of the small town of Georgetown SC and mark it as a new LTE market lol.. Funny stuff...

I noticed that too.  When I saw it on the list, I thought, "Hey, I thought there was only one site with LTE active in Georgetown?"  Went to the NV map, and sure enough.  But I guess it covers 40% of the POPs.  I was quite surprised though.

Robert

I noticed that too. When I saw it on the list, I thought, "Hey, I thought there was only one site with LTE active in Georgetown?" Went to the NV map, and sure enough. But I guess it covers 40% of the POPs. I was quite surprised though.

Robert

That's almost as bad as Sprint pre-announcing Kingman & Lake Havasu almost a year before LTE finally started showing up! :rofl:

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yes. There are some LTE. But not continuous.

Which is why it has not been announced. Until the Backhaul (Fiber, Microwave, etc.) is available to more sites, LTE will continue to be sporadic. Unfortunately, that is not something Sprint has control of. It's the local ISPs that do that.

The announcement has nothing to do with where LTE will be available has more to do with where coverage already is than where it will be. Coverage will be the same the day before and the day after the announcement. All that changes is LTE is officially added to coverage maps, and you can open support tickets on LTE.

That's why we consider the announcements to be relatively unimportant, and are more worried about what sites are live, and what coverage shows on Sensorly. Obviously, DC still has a ways to go coverage wise. And Sprint wants to make sure you have a good experience before they make the official announcement.

• Like 2

That's almost as bad as Sprint pre-announcing Kingman & Lake Havasu almost a year before LTE finally started showing up! :rofl:

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I've always wanted to know what the story was with that.  Did the backhaul vendor mislabel the year in the anticipated delivery date?  :roflmao:

Robert

• Like 2

I noticed that too.  When I saw it on the list, I thought, "Hey, I thought there was only one site with LTE active in Georgetown?"  Went to the NV map, and sure enough.  But I guess it covers 40% of the POPs.  I was quite surprised though.

Robert

Just as funny is how small that city (town?) is.... Really worth an announcement? I guess at this pace sometime this year they can announce the 3,000 "market"...

Just as funny is how small that city (town?) is.... Really worth an announcement? I guess at this pace sometime this year they can announce the 3,000 "market"...

It probably was counted because AT&T and/or Verizon did in their announcements.

Robert

• Like 1

I wish Dc could be launched so I could open a ticket for the stupid site serving my house. It's the only one in this area I can find with the eCSFB issue but they won't let me open a ticket until the market is launched. Anyway it's nice to hear some good news from Sprint

I wish Dc could be launched so I could open a ticket for the stupid site serving my house. It's the only one in this area I can find with the eCSFB issue but they won't let me open a ticket until the market is launched. Anyway it's nice to hear some good news from Sprint

I feel for ya..

The site serving my house, and much of southern Springfield, MO is have the eCSFB issue. I used to get *some* LTE coverage in/around my house and the south side of town. Ever since that site came online, it kicks you off LTE most everywhere. And you can't open a ticket. That's one of the nice things about being in a launched market.