Sprint announces 40 more cites for LTE

I've always wanted to know what the story was with that.  Did the backhaul vendor mislabel the year in the anticipated delivery date?   :roflmao:

Robert

I think In Athens texas LTE was said to be coming 6 months or so before it was announced, And it would of been longer, if it had more than 1 site to launch. But i was talking to some people and they said Athens Was mistakenly Put on the list, and wasn't supposed to get it when it did. 

I've always wanted to know what the story was with that. Did the backhaul vendor mislabel the year in the anticipated delivery date? :roflmao:

Robert

It must have been. I know Sprint has done some strange things, but "launching" those 2 towns so early has to be the funniest thing ever.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I feel for ya..

The site serving my house, and much of southern Springfield, MO is have the eCSFB issue. I used to get *some* LTE coverage in/around my house and the south side of town. Ever since that site came online, it kicks you off LTE most everywhere. And you can't open a ticket. That's one of the nice things about being in a launched market.

I open tickets all the time on LTE sites in launched markets, have them pin point the site, email Dan@Sprint.com, etc.  I checked about 6 or 7 of them today that have been out for a few weeks.  The majority of them are still broken. 

• Like 1

I open tickets all the time on LTE sites in launched markets, have them pin point the site, email Dan@Sprint.com, etc.  I checked about 6 or 7 of them today that have been out for a few weeks.  The majority of them are still broken. 

At least you can open tickets...

Yes. There are some LTE. But not continuous.

In my experience, there is more LTE in the DC Market than not. At least where I am in Northern Virginia.

The main reason I want it to be announced is to indicate the eCSFB issues have been resolved in the market. That would be a nice thing to know before I upgrade to a triband device. (Probably the Galaxy S5 - Assuming it's triband.)

• Like 1

In my experience, there is more LTE in the DC Market than not. At least where I am in Northern Virginia.

The main reason I want it to be announced is to indicate the eCSFB issues have been resolved in the market. That would be a nice thing to know before I upgrade to a triband device. (Probably the Galaxy S5 - Assuming it's triband.)

Since it's an Alcatel Lucent market, every LTE site also has had it's 3G upgrade, which means eCSFB is not an issue. It should already be present on the vast majority of LTE active sites.

Since it's an Alcatel Lucent market, every LTE site also has had it's 3G upgrade, which means eCSFB is not an issue. It should already be present on the vast majority of LTE active sites.

Other than the notable exceptions of Norfolk, Richmond, Raleigh/Durham, Winston/Salem and Charlotte. There were a lot of sites in these former Motorola markets that went to 4G first. Thus, any purple pin sites still in these markets would likely encounter CSFB issues.

But, as you rightly point out, the DC market should not be having CSFB issues. For the reason you list, and that its an incumbent Lucent market (so CSFB could be deployed on legacy).

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Robert the LTE is creeping closer to your corner of the woods since it launched in Yuma, AZ!  Before long you will be telling us of your stories where long long time ago you had this ancient technology called EVDO, ha ha!    

Robert the LTE is creeping closer to your corner of the woods since it launched in Yuma, AZ!  Before long you will be telling us of your stories where long long time ago you had this ancient technology called EVDO, ha ha!    

pretty sure he wont be getting lte anytime soon-with sprint (sadly), as there isnt sprint coverage where he lives.

pretty sure he wont be getting lte anytime soon-with sprint (sadly), as there isnt sprint coverage where he lives.

Now you can't be dashing the poor man's hopes and dreams now!  Lol!  I was trying to brighten his day out there!  

P.S. This is $hIT my Asian Mom would say! Ha ha!

Robert the LTE is creeping closer to your corner of the woods since it launched in Yuma, AZ! Before long you will be telling us of your stories where long long time ago you had this ancient technology called EVDO, ha ha!

I moved to South Dakota and out of Sprint service at the end of summer last year.

I moved to South Dakota and out of Sprint service at the end of summer last year.

Well that bites!  I sure did like those views of the beautiful mountains and scenery I saw in the pics a while back.  I hope you are not freezing too badly up there because it was 1 degree when I drove the car out of the garage.

Patrick  

Yeah, but you got the "NV soon to be completed" text, so you'll be all good, right?

• Like 6

The big problem right now in CT is not actually something Sprint has control over.

The cast majority of cell sites in CT have already been converted to Network Vision, however the internet companies contracted to provide the high speeds backhaul (fiber, microwave, etc.) have been very slow to deliver.

If a site doesn't have new equipment yet, it's generally a permitting issue with the local government. If it does have new equipment, but no LTE, it's waiting on backhaul.

Do you know who is the Internet company?

I don't need eCSFB. My problem is when I listen to TuneIN Radio on the car, LTE drop off at some locations and causing some problems.

Do you know who is the Internet company?

Nope. No real good way to figure that out either.

I don't need eCSFB. My problem is when I listen to TuneIN Radio on the car, LTE drop off at some locations and causing some problems.

If you ever get a tri-band device, you will need eCSFB.

South Dakota? For Oil?

:rolleyes:   For a job. That's all I can say. Or I'll have to kill you. Or Robert will have to kill me. One or the other.

• Like 4

Ahh, yes hotspot devices don't need it. But if you were to ever get a tri-band smartphone, then you would be glad eCSFB is there.

If I want a smartphone, I will demand simonious voice and data

I wish Dc could be launched so I could open a ticket for the stupid site serving my house. It's the only one in this area I can find with the eCSFB issue but they won't let me open a ticket until the market is launched. Anyway it's nice to hear some good news from Sprint

DC is great around the Mall. Had LTE virtually the entire time is was in that area last year.

If I want a smartphone, I will demand simonious voice and data

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/simony

The buying or selling of ecclesiastical pardons, offices, or emoluments.

So you want a corrupt smartphone that takes payoffs? That may not be a bad idea  :P

• Like 1