Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

really not sure this topic belongs in this thread. I mean i clicked on reading it to see if anything new was posted but some off topic stuff only.

Rest assured, on topic discussion will return in due time, once something topical surfaces.  In the meantime, we fill the gaps.  If you want an ad free site with an unpaid staff who loves to spend time here, some off topic fun along the way to keep things interesting is to be expected.

AJ

• Like 6

Switched 7 lines to Framily tonight.  I had 2 separate accounts under the same name that I had to merge into one, then change to Framily.  The latter was actually quite easy and painless!  The only thing I'm confused about - it says each line is $55.  I'm assuming the cheaper price appears as a discount on the bill?

• Like 1

No. It can take up to 2 billing cycles to get your framily discount.

Switched 7 lines to Framily tonight. I had 2 separate accounts under the same name that I had to merge into one, then change to Framily. The latter was actually quite easy and painless! The only thing I'm confused about - it says each line is $55. I'm assuming the cheaper price appears as a discount on the bill?

Switched 7 lines to Framily tonight.  I had 2 separate accounts under the same name that I had to merge into one, then change to Framily.  The latter was actually quite easy and painless!

Great job.

I have 6 currently on mine and am asking around to everyone I know for at least one more to join Sprint and get the long sought after $25.00 per line magic.

Mav.   :ninja:

No. It can take up to 2 billing cycles to get your framily discount.

I'm not sure where but I think I read the first bill or 2 you might get billed $55 then a credit for $30  per line the first couple bills. That how you understand it?

About everyone not seeing the discount initially... Has anyone who switched actually seen the proper discount yet? It appears to me that Sprint's billing system isn't yet set up to handle these plans. Since they're giving out credits to make bills right, I have to imagine they're rushing to get updates done to their billing system.

I found one post here were someone on framily got his first bill and it shows both a $55 charge and a seperat $30 credit. He has enough to get the maximum credit.

Its here: 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5308-say-hello-to-the-framily-inexpensive-but-potentially-confusing-new-sprint-group-plan-pricing/page-36&do=findComment&comment=274426

bmoses

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

just got my first bill now that i'm on framily. my lines do still show as $55 each when looking at them in my account, but the bill does show a $30 credit on each line to bring it down to the $25 per line. i have 9 lines and my total bill previously was $501, my bill for this month is now $342   :blink: 2 things to note though, this does include a little over a week of prorated charges/discounts since we switched plans mid month, so it should go down a little more next month, and so far no one has gotten a new phone on easy pay, so this is strictly charges for service only, including taxes/fees.

EDIT: knew i was forgetting something, 2 lines have unlimited data, the rest are just the 1gig included in the $25 and i do have the $5 tablet plan now.

• Like 1

Just got line number 2 on my Framily. I'm working on #'s 3-5.

Josh is looking for a few "Babies' Mramas."

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Josh is looking for a few "Babies' Mramas."

:P

AJ

You are such a troublemaker! :rofl:

I already have friends that will go to Sprint, just have to get them to go to the store.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I'm trying to figure out how to send bills to different people and I don't know if I am just not finding it or if it's not there!

I discovered I misunderstood the idea of separate bills...they need to be on different accounts. So now I have 7 lines on one account, and 3 of them belong to my grandparents who pay their own bill. This will probably be initially frustrating, but we are saving $100 a month on our 4 lines and my grandparents $35 on their 3. So it is worth it!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Chat seems to have no issues moving people on existing accounts into the same Framily. The even argued with me when I said you couldn't do it and I wanted details about leaving for 45 days so I could join a friend's Framily.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I discovered I misunderstood the idea of separate bills...they need to be on different accounts. So now I have 7 lines on one account, and 3 of them belong to my grandparents who pay their own bill. This will probably be initially frustrating, but we are saving $100 a month on our 4 lines and my grandparents $35 on their 3. So it is worth it!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

You should be able to do a ToL to get them on their own account again.

• Like 1

If all else fails, I probably will start looking online. But I have a number of friends who are very interested.

Guest DigiClaws

Chat seems to have no issues moving people on existing accounts into the same Framily. The even argued with me when I said you couldn't do it and I wanted details about leaving for 45 days so I could join a friend's Framily.

Sent from my SPH-L900

So you were able to get existing accounts added to your Framily Plan after saying you wanted details about leaving Sprint? So they went ahead and moved the existing accounts on your Framily Plan? Is that what you are saying?

So you were able to get existing accounts added to your Framily Plan after saying you wanted details about leaving Sprint? So they went ahead and moved the existing accounts on your Framily Plan? Is that what you are saying?

Sent from my SPH-L900

I was looking into getting onto one of the Framily plans that people have posted on slickdeals earlier. I wound end having 2 chat sessions and one phone conversation with Sprint reps.  The bottom line I got is that you can't generally move an existing account onto someone's framily plan with two exceptions. 1. Both accounts share the same billing address or 2. both accounts have the same account holder name.  They said the accounts would still be billed separately but if I wanted join I would have to change the billing address on my account to match the Framily ID holder's.

Of course now looking back on it I forgot to ask if separate bill meant they would send to two different addresses of if both bills would go to same address just with two different names. 

Twice actually and both times they had no issue with it. Due to me getting my own family number, joining Jo Ann ' s framily which she ended up having weird issues with joining her and here husbands Sprint via Nextel accounts., changing to a fellow S4GRU member's framily, and another change due to too many people used that number before actual family members joined our framily I'm on my 4th framily number.

Guest DigiClaws

I was looking into getting onto one of the Framily plans that people have posted on slickdeals earlier. I wound end having 2 chat sessions and one phone conversation with Sprint reps.  The bottom line I got is that you can't generally move an existing account onto someone's framily plan with two exceptions. 1. Both accounts share the same billing address or 2. both accounts have the same account holder name.  They said the accounts would still be billed separately but if I wanted join I would have to change the billing address on my account to match the Framily ID holder's.

Of course now looking back on it I forgot to ask if separate bill meant they would send to two different addresses of if both bills would go to same address just with two different names. 

So I argued with a Sprint Chat rep this morning over the terms of the Framily Plan and who can join. One of the bullet points in the FAQ under I am a current Sprint customer and want to change my current plan to Sprint Framily Plan. I am upgrade eligible or am in an active Sprint One Up installment billing agreement states:

• Customers can be assigned to a new Framily group or join a Framily group on the customer’s existing account that has not reached the 10 line maximum. The line cannot join with groups outside of the customer’s existing account.

To me this says that you as a customer can be assigned to a Framily group (Me to yours) or me join a Framily group on my existing account that has not reached the 10 line maximum. My line cannot join with a group (yours) outside of my existing account. Does that make sense? No it doesn't.

So the bullet point below What information do I need to give another individual so they can be added to the group I am in? states:

• In order to join an existing group, the individual must have the Framily ID of existing group. Any person who has this information can join the group. An individual may optionally provide a phone number in the group to ensure it’s the correct group to join.

Does this not contradict what they are saying?

I have received different answers to my questions about the Framily Plan. The one question I have that I would  really love the correct answer to is, "Can I move my existing 4 lines to a Framily Plan and have my mother's account of 5 lines join my plan?" I have heard Yes and have heard No.

That is confusing ^^^^^.... But that would make me able to have my Sprint friends join my Framily since they aren't on one themselves yet...

Due to me getting my own family number, joining Jo Ann ' s framily...

You joined a Framily with Jo-Ann, the fabric store?

320px-JoAnns_Fabrics_and_Crafts.jpg

AJ

• Like 2

I decided to join a Framily on Monday, porting in my main number from T-Mobile. However, I've run into an issue.

According to My Sprint, I'm being charged a $15 Framily Service Charge, which, according to both the service agreement I signed, and according to the Framily FAQ's on Sprint's website, I shouldn't be charged, as I purchased my phone off-contract & used from a 3rd-party, and didn't move to Framily from a Sprint line still in-contract(as I've never had Sprint service in my name, nor used Sprint in any capacity since 2012).

Contacting Sprint CS, they state that on their end, it shows that I've purchased my phone with a discount(I assume they mean either on contract, or via Easy Pay), which I inform them I have not. They then state I should go to the Sprint Store I activated service. The Store told me that the service fee is charged to all Framily customers, and that I can either call CS again, or cancel my service.

So before I decide if I go with the latter, is there any way that I can get this fee removed?