Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

So I argued with a Sprint Chat rep this morning over the terms of the Framily Plan and who can join. One of the bullet points in the FAQ under I am a current Sprint customer and want to change my current plan to Sprint Framily Plan. I am upgrade eligible or am in an active Sprint One Up installment billing agreement states:

• Customers can be assigned to a new Framily group or join a Framily group on the customer’s existing account that has not reached the 10 line maximum. The line cannot join with groups outside of the customer’s existing account.

To me this says that you as a customer can be assigned to a Framily group (Me to yours) or me join a Framily group on my existing account that has not reached the 10 line maximum. My line cannot join with a group (yours) outside of my existing account. Does that make sense? No it doesn't.

So the bullet point below What information do I need to give another individual so they can be added to the group I am in? states:

• In order to join an existing group, the individual must have the Framily ID of existing group. Any person who has this information can join the group. An individual may optionally provide a phone number in the group to ensure it’s the correct group to join.

Does this not contradict what they are saying?

I have received different answers to my questions about the Framily Plan. The one question I have that I would  really love the correct answer to is, "Can I move my existing 4 lines to a Framily Plan and have my mother's account of 5 lines join my plan?" I have heard Yes and have heard No.

I think you're tying two different situations into one.

This part...

• Customers can be assigned to a new Framily group or join a Framily group on the customer’s existing account that has not reached the 10 line maximum. The line cannot join with groups outside of the customer’s existing account.

...is in a section referencing existing Sprint customers. Existing customers can get a new Framily ID, or join a Framily ID that's already on their account (for example, you have three individual lines on your account and want them on the same Framily plan, or for converting a family plan to a Framily plan).

The second part is referencing how to add someone to a Framily. Note it just says "individuals", not "customers", because the idea is that those folks will be new Sprint customers, as the previously mentioned section already notes existing customers can't join a Framily plan outside of their account.

However, as has been noted here and on Slickdeals, some existing customers have successfully joined a framily outside of their account. Whether this is due to a lack of training, Sprint being somewhat lenient with the "no existing customers joining outside plans", or just luck, who knows. Like most things in life, there seems to be a gray area you can talk yourself into.

Edit: To answer your question, officially, if you're on separate accounts, that should be a no. The only true way to do it by the official terms of the Framily plan is to do a transfer of liability (TOL) where either you or her takes ownership of all nine lines and converts it to a Framily. However, changing every line to the same billing address (while maintaining separate liability) and asking through Sprint Chat Support may be successful as well, though this is outside the scope of the T&C.

Guest DigiClaws

I decided to join a Framily on Monday, porting in my main number from T-Mobile. However, I've run into an issue.

According to My Sprint, I'm being charged a $15 Framily Service Charge, which, according to both the service agreement I signed, and according to the Framily FAQ's on Sprint's website, I shouldn't be charged, as I purchased my phone off-contract & used from a 3rd-party, and didn't move to Framily from a Sprint line still in-contract(as I've never had Sprint service in my name, nor used Sprint in any capacity since 2012).

Contacting Sprint CS, they state that on their end, it shows that I've purchased my phone with a discount(I assume they mean either on contract, or via Easy Pay), which I inform them I have not. They then state I should go to the Sprint Store I activated service. The Store told me that the service fee is charged to all Framily customers, and that I can either call CS again, or cancel my service.

So before I decide if I go with the latter, is there any way that I can get this fee removed?

The $15/mo/line only applies to current Sprint customers that are not upgrade eligibile (still in contract) when moving to a Framily Plan. However, this fee is waived if you're a current Sprint customer in contract and purchased a discounted phone prior 1/10/14 and not upgrade eligible.

The $15/mo/line only applies to current Sprint customers that are not upgrade eligibile (still in contract) when moving to a Framily Plan. However, this fee is waived if you're a current Sprint customer in contract and purchased a discounted phone prior 1/10/14 and not upgrade eligible.

I wouldn't(or at least shouldn't) be in contract, has I just got service this Monday(and didn't have Sprint prior to then).

Contacted retentions and according to them, the store put me into a contract. They said contact the store(which I already visited), so getting any help from them would be unlikely. So they said wait until I receive my first bill, and they'll go from there.

I just hope the bill comes before my 1st 14 days are up.

I wouldn't(or at least shouldn't) be in contract, has I just got service this Monday(and didn't have Sprint prior to then).

Contacted retentions and according to them, the store put me into a contract. They said contact the store(which I already visited), so getting any help from them would be unlikely. So they said wait until I receive my first bill, and they'll go from there.

I just hope the bill comes before my 1st 14 days are up.

Above and beyond that, the $15/m fee being referred to is currently being waived... They messed something up and you should go to a store and get fixed if possible, don't wait. 

Above and beyond that, the $15/m fee being referred to is currently being waived... They messed something up and you should go to a store and get fixed if possible, don't wait. 

The particular Sprint store I activated my phone at has said that this fee is systematically applied to all Framily plans(even after I showed them on the service agreement I signed the exact terms of when this fee is charged).

So going back to that store wouldn't get me very far(nor would I have the time to do so for the next few days).

So has anyone had luck getting people on their accounts though posting their Framily id?

Hate to be that guy but have you read any of this thread? Any other stores near by? Maybe have someone else look at it locally. 

The particular Sprint store I activated my phone at has said that this fee is systematically applied to all Framily plans(even after I showed them on the service agreement I signed the exact terms of when this fee is charged).

So going back to that store wouldn't get me very far(nor would I have the time to do so for the next few days).

Weird man, no part of your situation makes sense that they would charge the fee... 

Okay, So if I am reading this right, you went in with a used phone that you purchased from a 3rd party and activated a new line of service on your own account? Or was your line added to someone else's Framily/Account? I think it may be a confusion at the store level. As far as I know being able to bring a line to sprint(even with a used phone) without a contract is a brand new thing.

Okay, So if I am reading this right, you went in with a used phone that you purchased from a 3rd party and activated a new line of service on your own account? Or was your line added to someone else's Framily/Account? I think it may be a confusion at the store level. As far as I know being able to bring a line to sprint(even with a used phone) without a contract is a brand new thing.

I opened a new account, using someone else's Framily code.

I opened a new account, using someone else's Framily code.

Maybe you joined the wrong Framily.  It is not the Fratelli Framily, is it?

0b191be6-92ea-4fc8-859e-ba1b1d6a36df.png

AJ

• Like 3

Hate to be that guy but have you read any of this thread? Any other stores near by? Maybe have someone else look at it locally. 

I skimmed it quickly so I did miss some of the links. I have posted on some. Just was wondering about the success rate. Would my data discount be on all the lines or just the two I started the plan with?

However, as has been noted here and on Slickdeals, some existing customers have successfully joined a framily outside of their account. Whether this is due to a lack of training, Sprint being somewhat lenient with the "no existing customers joining outside plans", or just luck, who knows. Like most things in life, there seems to be a gray area you can talk yourself into.

Edit: To answer your question, officially, if you're on separate accounts, that should be a no. The only true way to do it by the official terms of the Framily plan is to do a transfer of liability (TOL) where either you or her takes ownership of all nine lines and converts it to a Framily. However, changing every line to the same billing address (while maintaining separate liability) and asking through Sprint Chat Support may be successful as well, though this is outside the scope of the T&C.

I have two lines on my account (which I can put on Framily). and my sis in laws have their own Sprint accounts not on framily. Every time I talk to Sprint via chat or phone and try to do a Framily plan, and try to add the girls, I fail to mention that they live in the same house (billing address) and get rejected. I'm going to have to remember to mention that part next time I call them.

TS

Post a picture of the agreement and black out personal stuff. Ill see if i can figure out what they did.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

http://imgur.com/le6vVJE

http://imgur.com/nLwtFeh

When I originally signed up, the rep said that I could drop TEP online, so I did, along with the 2GB buy-up. Don't know why she wrote $40 though, as when I signed up to that particular Framily, I was the 9th line.

Edit: I ever actually did drop the 3GB add-on(was planing to, when I saw the Framily charge showed up on My Sprint, and the 3GB add-on was gone).

http://imgur.com/le6vVJE

http://imgur.com/nLwtFeh

When I originally signed up, the rep said that I could drop TEP online, so I did, along with the 2GB buy-up. Don't know why she wrote $40 though, as when I signed up to that particular Framily, I was the 9th line.

Edit: I ever actually did drop the 3GB add-on(was planing to, when I saw the Framily charge showed up on My Sprint, and the 3GB add-on was gone).

First of all that is a third party. 2nd the 2nd picture top right box says 24 month contract. When a third party does a no contract properly it says "N/A" there. If you intitialed and signed that you did a contract.

Return that to the store and say you do.not want a contract.

First of all that is a third party. 2nd the 2nd picture top right box says 24 month contract. When a third party does a no contract properly it says "N/A" there. If you intitialed and signed that you did a contract.

Return that to the store and say you do.not want a contract.

Never initial that box on either copies of the service agreement, though I'll try to go back to that store in a few days and have them attempt to take me out of the contract.

• Like 1

Never initial that box on either copies of the service agreement, though I'll try to go back to that store in a few days and have them attempt to take me out of the contract.

The way it works in a third party store system is that physical paper sits at the store for months then a box gets shipped to sprint. After a rep goes over it in their system there is a box they check thats says customer agreed to to terms. The fact you never initialed that box doesnt matter bevause the rep clicked you agreed to all terms. The system will not go tobthe next page and activate unless they ckick that box.In sprints eyes you are in a contract because your rep fucked up.

Im sorry you are experiencing all this trouble as a new customer and i hope ive helped a little. Not all reps are created equally or trained equally.

• Like 2

The way it works in a third party store system is that physical paper sits at the store for months then a box gets shipped to sprint. After a rep goes over it in their system there is a box they check thats says customer agreed to to terms. The fact you never initialed that box doesnt matter bevause the rep clicked you agreed to all terms. The system will not go tobthe next page and activate unless they ckick that box.In sprints eyes you are in a contract because your rep fucked up.

Im sorry you are experiencing all this trouble as a new customer and i hope ive helped a little. Not all reps are created equally or trained equally.

Thanks for the help. I really been looking forward to returning to Sprint after leaving when things were so bad here in NYC back in 2012. I usually don't go to 3rd party stores, but this was the closest to me, and my T-Mobile service already lapsed.

I definitely will try to make a effort to go back to this store before the end of the week, and specifically ask them to get the contract removed(which should, in theory, remove the Framily fee).

Guest DigiClaws

I went to a Sprint store last night trying to add my 4 lines with my brother's existing account with 5 lines. The store said I couldn't combine them into a Framily Plan. Like I said before in my previous post I spoke to Customer Service and they said I could combine the two accounts if 1) both accounts had the same owner or 2) the billing address was the same. I had the store employee change my brother's account billing address to my address. I then called customer service and asked them if it were possible to combine the two existing accounts. They told me yes. I then asked if they could do it and they did. Apparently the systems at the stores are unable to combine accounts even if they have the same account holder or have the same billing address.

• Like 1

Like I said before in my previous post I spoke to Customer Service and they said I could combine the two accounts if 1) both accounts had the same owner or 2) the billing address was the same. I had the store employee change my brother's account billing address to my address. I then called customer service and asked them if it were possible to combine the two existing accounts. They told me yes. I then asked if they could do it and they did. Apparently the systems at the stores are unable to combine accounts even if they have the same account holder or have the same billing address.

This is interesting, but I think the potential downside to changing billing addresses in order to combine existing accounts into one Framily group is the possibility of one of the separately liable accounts going into default.  At that point, collections may try to seek restitution from anyone at that address.  So, I would be careful with how this is used to form Framily groups.

AJ