Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

no is not....i have 4 moths remaining in contract yet, and i move to my friend framily group

I did too but this is against the terms of the plan.  The problem was with poor communication or training of the customer service department which is very unfortunate because it now presents a double standard.

A well trained staff + all the new LTE being turned on could lead to a perfect environment to increase subs.  I hope things are more smooth from here on out.

As a side note, I have already recruited 2 non-sprint subs to join my Framily (yay) and everyone I tell gets very excited at the idea of $25 Sprint service (even after I explain taxes, fees, data and phone financing)

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone here who works for Sprint could shed some light on the following confersation I had with a CS rep:

EDIT: I'm removing this because thanks to Rocket87's response it appears I recieved incorrect info from a chat rep.

Basically, if an account undergoes a change of ownership, does that "unlock" it to be able to join any other existing Framily plans?  I'm afraid I might have confused the rep with my question and I really don't want to put my sister through the trouble of changing ownership on her account just to find out she still can't join my Framily.

Edit - it appears this will only work to change ownership to the person who owns the Framily account as stated elsewhere.  I will suggest my sister start her own Framily.  Thanks for responses!

Ill preface this as a sprint employee first by saying that chat is always outsourced and 2nd training and cohesion between channels is a joke.

Two current phone lines can not join if they are they are on separate accounts. Even if you TOL those are still current account so i don't see the difference. I really don't think that chat rep knows what he is talking about. Putting separate current accounts in a framily together is possible in the system its no different then adding a walk in customer to a framily. But no one will do it because it monitored for fraudulent activity and no one wants to loose their job.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ill preface this as a sprint employee first by saying that chat is always outsourced and 2nd training and cohesion between channels is a joke.

Two current phone lines can not join if they are they are on separate accounts. Even if you TOL those are still current account so i don't see the difference. I really don't think that chat rep knows what he is talking about. Putting separate current accounts in a framily together is possible in the system its no different then adding a walk in customer to a framily. But no one will do it because it monitored for fraudulent activity and no one wants to loose their job.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I updated my post because I don't want to confuse other people.  Thanks for clarifying this makes perfect sense to me.

hey how long have you been an employee??

I called a friend of mine who has been with them for almost 10 yrs....

havent chatted much lately because i have been a corp acct...but i called him and chatted with him about it for about 45 mins...

I think i will be changing from corp over to personal....

So explain this to me again...

if i have lines that still have contract time, can i switch these with no $$$ hit??  or are they going to be hit with the $15 fee??

I want to make sure I have this right.

If I use my upgrade and then switch to a framily plan then I have to pay an extra $15 a month.

I upgraded a phone last april and added a new line last month. Would either of these lines be subjected to the $15 fee? 

I can forgo my upgrade and goto easy pay.

If a wanted to add an existing sprint account to my framily can we still do a transfer of liability?

hey how long have you been an employee??I called a friend of mine who has been with them for almost 10 yrs....havent chatted much lately because i have been a corp acct...but i called him and chatted with him about it for about 45 mins...I think i will be changing from corp over to personal....So explain this to me again...if i have lines that still have contract time, can i switch these with no $$$ hit?? or are they going to be hit with the $15 fee??
*I'm not an employee but I know the system quite well and NO you will not be hit with any fees *at this time* because they are pushing to get us on the plan. They are waiving the fee currently and I do not believe the end of the "limited time" has been leaked internally yet. Best advice is switch as soon as you can.

I want to make sure I have this right.If I use my upgrade and then switch to a framily plan then I have to pay an extra $15 a month.I upgraded a phone last april and added a new line last month. Would either of these lines be subjected to the $15 fee? I can forgo my upgrade and goto easy pay.If a wanted to add an existing sprint account to my framily can we still do a transfer of liability?
Yes, you upgrade now (or any time after Jan 10th to be exact) there is no way around getting hit with the $15 fee. Those lines that were upgraded prior to Jan 10 are good to go and *at this time, there is no penalty for still being within the 24 month contract period. Once they stop waiving that $15/month fee, you'd be responsible for paying that fee until your "current" contract end date passes OR after 12 months of consecutive $20 Unlimited data add package payments on that line in Framily. Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

just got my first bill now that i'm on framily. my lines do still show as $55 each when looking at them in my account, but the bill does show a $30 credit on each line to bring it down to the $25 per line. i have 9 lines and my total bill previously was $501, my bill for this month is now $342  :blink: 2 things to note though, this does include a little over a week of prorated charges/discounts since we switched plans mid month, so it should go down a little more next month, and so far no one has gotten a new phone on easy pay, so this is strictly charges for service only, including taxes/fees.

EDIT: knew i was forgetting something, 2 lines have unlimited data, the rest are just the 1gig included in the $25 and i do have the $5 tablet plan now.

• Like 5

just got my first bill now that i'm on framily. my lines do still show as $55 each when looking at them in my account, but the bill does show a $30 credit on each line to bring it down to the $25 per line. i have 9 lines and my total bill previously was $501, my bill for this month is now $342  :blink: 2 things to note though, this does include a little over a week of prorated charges/discounts since we switched plans mid month, so it should go down a little more next month, and so far no one has gotten a new phone on easy pay, so this is strictly charges for service only, including taxes/fees.

In short, if your Framily is saving about $200 per month, that roughly $4800 over 24 months will buy a lot of handsets.

AJ

• Like 5

yea my 10 lines...5 data 5 no...it hits at about $476....soooo i do like that...

are you paying any extra in that case??  unlimited data on any, or phones, or just a straight $25 per line?

yea my 10 lines...5 data 5 no...it hits at about $476....soooo i do like that...

are you paying any extra in that case??  unlimited data on any, or phones, or just a straight $25 per line?

sorry, forgot to specify that, i edited my post, but 2 lines have unlimited, the rest are just the included 1 gig. i also have the $5 tablet plan on my new bill.

sorry, forgot to specify that, i edited my post, but 2 lines have unlimited, the rest are just the included 1 gig. i also have the $5 tablet plan on my new bill.

I have a friend i was talking to, and she has like 5 tablets....

the tabs, do not count against the 10 in framily correct???

I have a friend i was talking to, and she has like 5 tablets....

the tabs, do not count against the 10 in framily correct???

as far as i know and can tell, no they don't. i technically have 9 cell phones, 2 airaves, and 1 tablet on my account. This is over the "10 lines max per account" rule they have and i had to have special permission to get all of those. However when i click the "check my framily status" in my account it shows 1 spot open in my framily.

• Like 1

Just switched to Framily, I have 3 lines...if anyone wants to join, PM me. Also, I am not sure if this happened because of my plan change but doing it removed me from Google Voice on both lines that had it. Had to set it all up again. Not a big deal but it would have been nice to have a heads up. Also, the chat rep forgot to put my line on unlimited. Good thing i caught that or i would have been in for a rude awakening next month.

I put my wife and my mom on the included 1GB and i got Unlimited. We were paying $170 with our ED1500. Now we pay $155.

Edit:Just got my 4th user on my Framily. Now paying $140!

• Like 1

I was paying $80 a month for 450 minutes and unlimited data. With insurance and taxes it was $108.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I keep more than enough around that I don't need insurance and I have a 20% discount from work. Those make up the difference of my $75-76 a month to your $108.

I just got my framily straightened out finally. I am down $20 a month so I am happy now. I figure the value is about the same as my old plan and will get better if 1-6 more join. I even got to help a fellow S4GRU member save a few dollars a month too.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I keep more than enough around that I don't need insurance and I have a 20% discount from work. Those make up the difference of my $75-76 a month to your $108.

When I bought the Note 2 I was basically told I had to get the insurance and it would cost more than what I had on the EVO.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Well, I doubt that you will be able to stay on your grandfathered plan for long.  I get the impression that the new Sprint does not want to have these old plans on the books for years to come.  So, the quicker that Sprint "rips off the Band-Aid," the faster that plans in the billing system will get simplified and consolidated.

If that is the case and you ever wish to make any change to your account -- such as swap in a new handset -- then you probably will be required to switch to a current plan.  As I have been saying, "unlimited" data users are going to have to pay a greater premium for their usage.  Thus, if you want to save money, you will need to find a way to get your on network data usage under 3 GB or 1 GB.

AJ

In speaking to a chat representative I was told I can upgrade and stay on the Everything Data 450 plan along with sign a new 2 year agreement. Since I will not be switching to another provider that is fine with me. Even if I have to pay full price for an upgrade it will still cost less in the long run. Unless I am forced off I will keep this plan. I know my father still had the first incoming minute free plan until 2-3 years ago when he closed his account. With that in mind it is possible to keep plans for longer than people would think.

When I bought the Note 2 I was basically told I had to get the insurance and it would cost more than what I had on the EVO.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I'm not aware that they can force you to buy insurance.  Maybe they are taking notes from the Government. I can't remember if I dropped insurance when I bought my original EVO or after when I got my current EVO LTE. In either case I take care of my phones. The only issue I had was the charging port on my original EVO.

In speaking to a chat representative I was told I can upgrade and stay on the Everything Data 450 plan along with sign a new 2 year agreement. Since I will not be switching to another provider that is fine with me. Even if I have to pay full price for an upgrade it will still cost less in the long run. Unless I am forced off I will keep this plan. I know my father still had the first incoming minute free plan until 2-3 years ago when he closed his account. With that in mind it is possible to keep plans for longer than people would think.

For now any of the legacy plans including Everything Data will continue to honor 2 year contracts with the phone subsidy model.  However what AJ is referring to is that at some point in the future, maybe very soon in 2014 or it could be as far as 2015, Sprint could cut off allowing customers to re-upp their contracts with their legacy plans and phone subsidy model.  Sprint won't force you off of your legacy plan but if you want to upgrade your device (which you eventually will) the Framily plans might be the only plans available. Maybe Sprint won't even allow you to activate a device you buy off contract onto your Everything Data plans just to try to kick people off of the Everything Data plans.  I hope that is not the case but we can't predict the future.