Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

You can do easy pay with any plan but to get a new phone after a year you have to be on framily with unlimited.

If you are on the data share 1500 the rep needs to sell you a phone on easy pay on the my way plan because the system will not allow it on the data share 1500. Then after the phone is sold they go back in switch you back onto the data share 1500 manually with SOC code LTD1007.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I was informed by Sprint chat reps I could upgrade via Easy Pay without changing my plan (Unlimited My Way), or pay off my subsidy ($200) and get 2 year upgrade pricing now (I am eligible 9/1/14). They didn't go into any detail about paying off the subsidy, and I haven't seen or heard anything else about it but he was adamant I could get whatever phone I wanted now via Easy Pay with no plan changes.

Does anybody know what the EasyPay plan payments are for a 32gb iPhone 5s?  I have a friend that is interested in joining my Framily but wants to know the phone pricing first.  Can't find it anyplace online and chat says you have to go into a store.  Called the store and the guy who answered said you have to come in to get the pricing.  Grrr.  Why does sprint make this so hard? 

Does anybody know what the EasyPay plan payments are for a 32gb iPhone 5s? I have a friend that is interested in joining my Framily but wants to know the phone pricing first. Can't find it anyplace online and chat says you have to go into a store. Called the store and the guy who answered said you have to come in to get the pricing. Grrr. Why does sprint make this so hard?

I'm not sure what size memory it was for but I actually looked at it 2 days ago when I was in store for my wife. I think it's the most expensive phone on easy pay. $28 a month which may have been for a 16gb. Wasn't worth upgrading her from the 5 for me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what size memory it was for but I actually looked at it 2 days ago when I was in store for my wife. I think it's the most expensive phone on easy pay. $28 a month which may have been for a 16gb. Wasn't worth upgrading her from the 5 for me. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

If that is for a 16gb that an awful price.  My guess that is for the 32 since I think Sprint requires a down payment. 

This is the only thing I really don't like about Framily.  If they are going to require easy pay phones, then have the easy pay prices online so people can figure out what it is going to cost them.  My buddy does not want to go waste an hour going to the store to find out the price of the phone. The other carriers that have payment plans don't seem to have an issue with this.

If that is for a 16gb that an awful price. My guess that is for the 32 since I think Sprint requires a down payment.

This is the only thing I really don't like about Framily. If they are going to require easy pay phones, then have the easy pay prices online so people can figure out what it is going to cost them. My buddy does not want to go waste an hour going to the store to find out the price of the phone. The other carriers that have payment plans don't seem to have an issue with this.

16 gig 5s was listed as 0 down and $27.xx per month. Basically $649.99/24. You can put money down up front to reduce the monthly payment if you want.

If that is for a 16gb that an awful price. My guess that is for the 32 since I think Sprint requires a down payment.

This is the only thing I really don't like about Framily. If they are going to require easy pay phones, then have the easy pay prices online so people can figure out what it is going to cost them. My buddy does not want to go waste an hour going to the store to find out the price of the phone. The other carriers that have payment plans don't seem to have an issue with this.

They tell you to come in because its credit based.

32 gb is either 0 down and 32 or 150 down and 25 a month depending on his credit.

16gb is 0 down 27 or 100 down 22 a month.

16 gig 5s was listed as 0 down and $27.xx per month. Basically $649.99/24. You can put money down up front to reduce the monthly payment if you want.

That is incorrect about putting more down.

• Like 1

That is incorrect about putting more down.

well that's unfortunate, i asked the sales person if i could 1) put more down for a lower monthly payment and 2) pay extra at anytime to pay it off quicker and was told yes to both of those  :wacko:

well that's unfortunate, i asked the sales person if i could 1) put more down for a lower monthly payment and 2) pay extra at anytime to pay it off quicker and was told yes to both of those :wacko:

You can pay extra through customer care. But at the point of sale it auto rings up 0 or a down payment.

• Like 2

So I am eligible for an upgrade on March 1st. Rumor is subsidies will go away sometime in the near future. I was looking forward to the new HTC. would not buy it at retail price. So looks like a have a small window for the subsidies option.

I do not understand the pushback.  Paying down your subsidy every month through your service plan -- as you currently do -- is little different from financing your upgrade through Easy Pay.  Either way, you end up effectively paying about $600 for a high end handset.

AJ

• Like 1

I just got a n5 on easy pay and I had to put a down payment down. About $60. I kinda prefer this model..I can pay the device off early if I want and get another..I just seems simpler than the subsidy and contract mess.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yes but the savings of the new plans (plus easy pay) is generally not equal or better than keeping an existing ed450 plan.

That is not the pushback that some people are showing.  They are focused on the device cost.  They seem to think erroneously that these "$200" devices are increasing in price to $600.

AJ

I have tried to skim through this fourm looking for a few answers. I did not see them so hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

1. I hate monthly payments, what are my options with the Framily plan and getting phones? I have 6 lines and not really excited about raising my bill $180 a month for phones.

2. I see the above posts that states you can have a down payment to lower the cost of the monthly payment but yesterday at Sprint they would not let me do this. Who is right?

3. I see the above post that says you can pay off your device early. Can I buy a phone on this "easy pay"  then pay right off so it is not attached to my plan?

Thanks for the help in advance. I am so lost and this concept and it is fustrating.

3. I see the above post that says you can pay off your device early. Can I buy a phone on this "easy pay"  then pay right off so it is not attached to my plan?

Yep, if you are on Easy Pay, Sprint will be more than happy to receive the remaining balance early.

AJ

I have tried to skim through this fourm looking for a few answers. I did not see them so hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

1. I hate monthly payments, what are my options with the Framily plan and getting phones? I have 6 lines and not really excited about raising my bill $180 a month for phones.

2. I see the above posts that states you can have a down payment to lower the cost of the monthly payment but yesterday at Sprint they would not let me do this. Who is right?

3. I see the above post that says you can pay off your device early. Can I buy a phone on this "easy pay" then pay right off so it is not attached to my plan?

Thanks for the help in advance. I am so lost and this concept and it is fustrating.

1. The only option is msrp or easy pay.

2. At the POS we have no way to have you pay extra. Its either zero down if you have good credit/payment history or a down payment if you have bad.

3. You can pay off easy pay at anytime through customer care.

That is not the pushback that some people are showing.  They are focused on the device cost.  They seem to think erroneously that these "$200" devices are increasing in price to $600.

AJ

Well, technically they are.

Under a subsidized plan, there is no monthly device cost.

The plan cost is the plan cost, not a plan + device cost.

Well, technically they are.

Under a subsidized plan, there is no monthly device cost.

The plan cost is the plan cost, not a plan + device cost.

Further, it does looks like a price hike to me.

If we move to Framily, our rate goes up, assuming we dont want to find 7 other people to join us.

On top of that, wed be paying a monthly phone cost which today is part of the rate. Thats like a double price hike.

Because of that, my family is content to stay on out current plan (standard 1500 min plan, not sero or anything)

Incidentally, the GS4 is at a penny an amazon, but I dont believe you can check of its the triband model.

• Like 1

While standing in a sprint store today going to change over to Framily (free tablet lured me in) I noticed the device prices went down a bit. I don't think most people realize this, but the LG G2 is only $499 now, HTC One is now $549. Without subsidized plans, I would assume prices would go down even further.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

While standing in a sprint store today going to change over to Framily (free tablet lured me in) I noticed the device prices went down a bit. I don't think most people realize this, but the LG G2 is only $499 now, HTC One is now $549. Without subsidized plans, I would assume prices would go down even further.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Once everybody has to buy phones unsubsidized by carriers device prices are going to go down.  The Device makers will no longer be able to hide their bloated device prices behind the subsidy.  A 16GB iPhone has no business being $649 retail.  With the volly ATT fired over the weekend, I think the move to unsubsidized devices is well underway and I think when it settles you will see the sweetspot of top end device prices settle in the $400-$500 range. 

And there will always still be the used market if you don't want to pay full retail.  I pointed my buddy to swappa where like new iPhone 5s's are selling in the $400 range.  Used prices will probably rise, but it will always still be a cheaper option then retail.

Once everybody has to buy phones unsubsidized by carriers device prices are going to go down.  The Device makers will no longer be able to hide their bloated device prices behind the subsidy.  A 16GB iPhone has no business being $649 retail.  With the volly ATT fired over the weekend, I think the move to unsubsidized devices is well underway and I think when it settles you will see the sweetspot of top end device prices settle in the $400-$500 range. 

And there will always still be the used market if you don't want to pay full retail.  I pointed my buddy to swappa where like new iPhone 5s's are selling in the $400 range.  Used prices will probably rise, but it will always still be a cheaper option then retail.

Another thing I hope happens is all phone become unlocked. Would be nice to be able to take my phone with me if I move carriers. Though I am not saving money switching to framily, I do like not having to be on a contract. Pluse I can lower my bill when I find people to add. Let the phone wars begin,

• Like 1

Another thing I hope happens is all phone become unlocked. Would be nice to be able to take my phone with me if I move carriers. Though I am not saving money switching to framily, I do like not having to be on a contract. Pluse I can lower my bill when I find people to add. Let the phone wars begin,

Yes, a phone you pay full retail for should be yours to take to any compatable carrier.  The only issue I see is carrier may still lock phones while under a payment plan.  But as soon as that phone is paid for there should be no excuse to not unlock it.