Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Now that I'm on a Framily plan with unlimited calling I'm thinking about dropping our home phone. Does anyone have experience with MagicJack service? I will still need a line to use for work purposes but was looking into lower cost Voip.

Or you could use your sprint phone as a line and get a google voice number to associate with it. Then, receive calls on your phone both personal and work and to make calls using the new google voice number, you just have to use the google voice dialer to make sure that the outbound caller id is the new line. I'm assuming the biggest reason that you want a separate line is for a separate work number, though and not something like you like your current landline phone so much that you don't want to switch. You could also get the sprint home connect, which is $10-20 per month or something like that and converts your home wiring to use the cell towers instead.
  • Like 3

I am debating if this plan makes sense. I am on the 1500 anytime plan with 4 people now. I have 2 other family members that I could add to our account. I don't see any month were we have used more than 1 gb of data. We do like to upgrade phones though. So, I am not sure how that works. Will it basically be full price for a new phone split up over 24 months?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I am debating if this plan makes sense. I am on the 1500 anytime plan with 4 people now. I have 2 other family members that I could add to our account. I don't see any month were we have used more than 1 gb of data. We do like to upgrade phones though. So, I am not sure how that works. Will it basically be full price for a new phone split up over 24 months?

Yes 24 payments to pay it off interest free or pay upfront. Liking upgrades wont matter in less than 30 days from what ive been told.

• Like 1

The cost of a subsidized phone was worth $20-25 a month, if Framily plan saves you more than that it's a winner. Even more so if you don't upgrade every 24 months.

Sent from my SPH-L900

• Like 1

Just got my first bill.  Billing cycle is from Jan 10 - Feb 9.  I switched to Framily on Feb. 4th.  It didn't apply any of the Framily discounts for the period from 2/4 to 2/9, but for the charges for the next month it did.  Will these show up on my next bill?

Guest DigiClaws

The Sprint Framily Plan is solid. I have 10 lines on mine and everyone is happy with the money they will be saving. Now I can't say the same for verizon customers that are going to join the More Everything Plan. When comparing verizon's plan with the Framily Plan each of my lines saves on average of $32.50 per phone before taxes. Not to mention three of my lines have unlimited data and verizon's plan you have to share a pool of data. This is a no brainer on which to go with. 

• Like 2

Switching to Framily makes sense if we are going to loose phone subsidy. Is there a solid indication that this will happen? If so will it only happen to SERO/EPRP customers or to customers with plans like Everything Data 1500 as well?

Nope just a few workers at sprint saying it in this thread. You can goggle it or search the net anyway you want but nothing comes up about it. So i would think if it was true and going anyway in a month or 2 there would be some rumors from the big places that report the news. I think it is more speculation since again there is nothing on cnet bloomberg or anywhere you goggle about it.

• Like 2

Nope just a few workers at sprint saying it in this thread. You can goggle it or search the net anyway you want but nothing comes up about it. So i would think if it was true and going anyway in a month or 2 there would be some rumors from the big places that report the news. I think it is more speculation since again there is nothing on cnet bloomberg or anywhere you goggle about it.

First: It's GOOGLE!

Second: Go into a corporate Sprint store, look at the phone pricing. Tell me if you see 2 year contract pricing listed anywhere on the pricing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If Sprint wasn't giving up the 2-year subsidy model, don't you think they would keep the pricing on the price tags?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Posted Image

.... and does it even make sense that they are pushing as hard to move folks off, voluntarily, the unlimited plans if that wasn't the direction we're headed in?

• Like 2

Another point is that I don't remember seeing anything about Framily anywhere else until the OP posted info about it here first.  Even that aside, I certainly wouldn't assume that something (note the qualifier here) a Sprint employee that's an established/recognized member of this site says isn't true unless or until its been leaked to the press....quite the opposite actually.

• Like 2

There has never been anything in writing released to the store level so that's why there are no leaks. But the person telling us to be prepared is at such a high level it has to be true and has been announced on regional calls.

Or you could use your sprint phone as a line and get a google voice number to associate with it. Then, receive calls on your phone both personal and work and to make calls using the new google voice number, you just have to use the google voice dialer to make sure that the outbound caller id is the new line. I'm assuming the biggest reason that you want a separate line is for a separate work number, though and not something like you like your current landline phone so much that you don't want to switch. You could also get the sprint home connect, which is $10-20 per month or something like that and converts your home wiring to use the cell towers instead.

actually you can get google voice integrated with your sprint phone for free.  I do that right now..:)  if you ahve android you ahve a googlemail account anyway..:)  I don't know if it works on apple stuff though.

• Like 1

Now that I'm on a Framily plan with unlimited calling I'm thinking about dropping our home phone.  Does anyone have experience with MagicJack service?  I will still need a line to use for work purposes but was looking into lower cost Voip.

Mostly interested to know:

Do they terminate calls that are "too long"?

Is it reliable, or were there many outages?

---

As for the Framily, I'm also pretty interested to know if the separate billing will work if others change their address to match the account holders, and then if it will be possible to change it back (maybe after waiting a few months first).  Seems like a decent way to get true friends and family on the same plan and for me would be preferable over joining with 8 strangers.  I know it has been mentioned here that the address can not be changed back later, but that seems like something Sprint would not be able to dictate...legally speaking.

You should look at getting a Sprint Phone Connect.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc7820017prd&deviceSKUId=78201031&ensembleId=HUAF285DPC&flow=AAL&firstSelection=PHONES&id16=phone%20connect&question_box=phone%20connect

Only thing bad about the Sprint connect is it's the same service as your phone. It's the all the eggs in one basket thing. You have an outage you have no phone at all. A friend of mine was going to get one through AT&T but he has his cell phone through them as well. I ended up getting one through Verizon for him.

There are tons of VOIP providers out there. Some as cheap as $40 a year with tons of minutes and no US long distance charges. I have been using Google Voice for free house phone for a couple years but it's going away in May from what I have read.

Only thing bad about the Sprint connect is it's the same service as your phone. It's the all the eggs in one basket thing. You have an outage you have no phone at all. A friend of mine was going to get one through AT&T but he has his cell phone through them as well. I ended up getting one through Verizon for him.

There are tons of VOIP providers out there. Some as cheap as $40 a year with tons of minutes and no US long distance charges. I have been using Google Voice for free house phone for a couple years but it's going away in May from what I have read.

I swear by vonage for home phone, the extra fax line is a nice. Very international long distance is what sold me.

Now that I'm on a Framily plan with unlimited calling I'm thinking about dropping our home phone.  Does anyone have experience with MagicJack service?  I will still need a line to use for work purposes but was looking into lower cost Voip.

Do you need to receive calls, originate calls, or both?  For all of my outgoing calls while I am at my laptop -- which is much of my day -- I use the VoIP function built into Gmail.  Most domestic calls are free.

AJ

Weird looking bill for the first partial month, but I like the savings.

$102.51 last full month old plan, $59.54 with on Framily Jan 19-Feb 10,.

I think my full month normal recurring bill will be $60.77. I got that by summing all the new charges.  Odd its cheaper with a change mid month, will know for sure next bill, but about $42 a month cheaper.

Everything Data - 450/Premium Data add-on charge -> Framily Plan/Unlimited 3G/4G Data

Both have TEP with Premium  Service/Repair

I'm confused about the insurance coverage, it's $8+$3 per month not sure if the extra 3 waves the $200 deductible or what. Anyone know? I think I will drop the insurance Note 2's are not that much used now.

Here's an interesting note: I went into a Shentel "corporate" store (even though Shentel's stores aren't really considered corporate from my understanding) but anyways, they still don't offer the Framily plans. Said if I wanted to switch I would have to call. Unfortunately, though, I have a coworker who wanted to come on my plan and has a N5, but none of the stores have SIM cards, and they won't send one until the person is on your plan. Quite a pickle. I've been wondering how the balance works between Sprint/Affiliates when Sprint changes the pricing structure. Guess there are certain details to work out between the two companies. Definitely a PITA though as the nearest corporate store is ~45 minutes away. Also, what is the deal that every Sprint store has a ton of Nano-SIMs but no Micro-SIMs!?

Can somebody pm me or point me in the right direction of the place to join someone's framily here? This community is awesome and I would prefer to do this here rather than Reddit. Our first baby is on the way time to trim the budget.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Weird looking bill for the first partial month, but I like the savings. $102.51 last full month old plan, $59.54 with on Framily Jan 19-Feb 10,. I think my full month normal recurring bill will be $60.77. I got that by summing all the new charges. Odd its cheaper with a change mid month, will know for sure next bill, but about $42 a month cheaper. Everything Data - 450/Premium Data add-on charge -> Framily Plan/Unlimited 3G/4G DataBoth have TEP with Premium Service/RepairI'm confused about the insurance coverage, it's $8+$3 per month not sure if the extra 3 waves the $200 deductible or what. Anyone know? I think I will drop the insurance Note 2's are not that much used now.

8 is for service and repair from sprint, 3 is for assurian insurance coverage.

• Like 1

First: It's GOOGLE!

Second: Go into a corporate Sprint store, look at the phone pricing. Tell me if you see 2 year contract pricing listed anywhere on the pricing.

u2abydej.jpg

y7anudem.jpg

9y7yry2a.jpg

If Sprint wasn't giving up the 2-year subsidy model, don't you think they would keep the pricing on the price tags?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Not really. Both ATT and vzw had a 550 family plan for years that never showed up on any brochures of pricing plans. Companies have offers they do not advertise all the time for example at Starbucks you can get a "short" (extra small, I guess) but you'll never see it on their menue.

They could keep two year offers as an offer strictly to go after that part of the market unwilling to give up two year contracts. That said after properly educating customers I don't think the subset of customers that still require a two year contract to get their business will be all that large.

• Like 1