Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Whats the difference between doing it this way rather than "get $10 off your bill every month by refering people!'  style offers?

Seems like if this is just a referal system, it would have been more work on their end changing their entire billing system to framily, vs "apply recurring discount"

Because this way everybody gets to share in the savings. On paper that's a more effective recruitment tool than "Dude, come on over so I can get $10 off of my bill".

• Like 3

Oh my bad. Good luck with your recruiting!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It didn't take long to go from 4 to full, but it was next to impossible to get anyone to join when it was just a single line.

To tell the truth I would have picked a framily with the most lines already on it too.

• Like 1

It didn't take long to go from 4 to full, but it was next to impossible to get anyone to join when it was just a single line.

To tell the truth I would have picked a framily with the most lines already on it too.

Now we have the problem of trying to save our lines for actual family. lol

• Like 1

I'm dangling out here without a Framily to join. Anyone need 2 lines from someone who won't flake out on his bill?

But do you currently have Sprint service? If so, you need new subs to join your Framily, not the other way around.

AJ

Can someone please confirm that after switching to Framily, that I can add a corporate discount without agreeing to a contract. Chat says that is correct but the Sprint.com/verify still says i have to agree to a contract to get the discount.

I was wondering about that as well.  I assume the forms just haven't been updated yet, and realistically probably won't be updated until the subsidized plans are dropped.  In the mean time I'd like to know for sure if corp discounts are applicable to the Framily plans without a contract lock in.

I was wondering about that as well.  I assume the forms just haven't been updated yet, and realistically probably won't be updated until the subsidized plans are dropped.  In the mean time I'd like to know for sure if corp discounts are applicable to the Framily plans without a contract lock in.

This came from our Sprint Account rep this morning.

Good morning Jeremy,

I can assist you in adding the XXXXXXXXX discount to your Sprint account.  Please provide me with your Sprint wireless number?

This process can take up to 3 weeks to complete.  I will notify you with next steps once your agency has been approved and loaded to the Sprint system.

You will not be required to agree to a 2 year agreement if you are on the Sprint Framily plan. 

Thank you,

• Like 1

But do you currently have Sprint service? If so, you need new subs to join your Framily, not the other way around.

AJ

Officially, AJ, that is correct. But unofficially, Sprint Chat reps are letting people merge accounts.

AJ

Dangnabbit. I failed reading comprehension. Looks like I gotta scrape up some Framily members now...

• Like 1

So you have two separate Sprint accounts and want to form under one Framily? Take one account with five lines for example we'll call that account (A). You have account B with two lines. We need to get these under the same Framily. Take account A and convert to Framily if it hasn't already been done. Now you have a Framily id, take account B and transfer of liability onto account A, so now you have 7 lines under Framily with the same Id. Now take those two lines from "account B" and transfer back off onto its "own" account. You end up back where you started, but with two "Sprint" accounts with the same Framily ID.

Your Welcome!!

Edited by jagmanbrg

So you have two separate Sprint accounts and want to form under one Framily? Take one account with five lines for example we'll call that account (A). You have account B with two lines. We need to get these under the same Framily. Take account A and convert to Framily if it hasn't already been done. Now you have a Framily id, take account B and transfer of liability onto account A, so now you have 7 lines under Framily with the same Id. Now take those two lines from "account B" and transfer back off onto its "own" account. You end up back where you started, but with two "Sprint" accounts with the same Framily ID.

Your Welcome!!

According to a Sprint employee, these types of account changes are monitored and Sprint may step in and not allow that.

Tempting but it seems like alot of work. Oh well, so much for Framily. 

Your Welcome!!

Its really not even needed. Officially yes. But we have been experiencing Sprint Chat reps that are allowing existing accounts to merge under Framily.

• Like 2

Now we are not allowed to show that AT&T is cheaper for 5 lines with data now? why can't we talk about it here? you deleted my post like that!

I just wanted to state the NEW AT&T plan for 5 lines is the same price as sprints with more Data and wanted to ask people what they think sprint will do what is wrong with that?

Now we are not allowed to show that AT&T is cheaper for 5 lines with data now? why can't we talk about it here? you deleted my post like that!

I just wanted to state the NEW AT&T plan for 5 lines is the same price as sprints with more Data and wanted to ask people what they think sprint will do what is wrong with that?

As per rules temporarily enacted by Robert against trolls and shills from other carriers; all posts referencing any other carrier is subject to instant removal. Continuous violation of said rules will result in action taken against the account of the person in question who posted it.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5450-posts-and-threads-about-other-wireless-providers/

Personally I would love to discuss other carriers, their plans and goals, and other miscellaneous crap but over the past few weeks both staff and members have been embroiled in thread after thread of "discussions" that have diverted our attention from the goal of this site. Tempers have flared and subjective discussions can not be done before trolls arrive and derail everything hence the new rules put into place by Robert. 

Well 14 years with sprint i am not a troll i have posted and paid to be on here. i sure do not want to help AT&T but it is a fact but ill let it go.

Nothing against you but rules and instructions have been given. Hopefully it's temporary and we can discuss everything telecom as we did a few months ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Well 14 years with sprint i am not a troll i have posted and paid to be on here. i sure do not want to help AT&T but it is a fact but ill let it go.

FYI, your post has been hidden.  It has not been deleted, so it can be restored if staff decides that it furthers discussion.

The problem right now is that your post serves as promotion for what AT&T is offering.  The same could be said of lots of other recent threads and posts involving T-Mobile.  S4GRU wants no part of that, as S4GRU does not intend to be a wireless provider shopping site.  If that is what you seek, there are plenty of other sites that specialize in that type of information.

AJ

• Like 2

FYI, your post has been hidden.  It has not been deleted, so it can be restored if staff decides that it furthers discussion.

The problem right now is that your post serves as promotion for what AT&T is offering.  The same could be said of lots of other recent threads and posts involving T-Mobile.  S4GRU wants no part of that, as S4GRU does not intend to be a wireless provider shopping site.  If that is what you seek, there are plenty of other sites that specialize in that type of information.

AJ

My only point of the post which to me is not big deal i really do not care but again it is fine i do not need to post it i was just wondering as a sprint customer how will sprint try and keep those or get new people with that info out now.

But again ill stop about it i follow rules so i will not post about it again till or if it is able to be done.

So I am eligible for an upgrade on March 1st. Rumor is subsidies will go away sometime in the near future. I was looking forward to the new HTC. would not buy it at retail price. So looks like a have a small window for the subsidies option.

If I buy a Nexus 5 from Google. How do I get a sim card? What are they running?

So I talked to a sprint store last week. I was told you can't do an upgrade on easy pay without moving to a framily plan which is what I've read here I believe. Yesterday while in a different sprint store getting my wife's phone fixed I asked the rep if I could upgrade with easy pay without moving to the framily plan and she said they changed that policy last week and that you can now. Anybody else heard this?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk