Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Can somebody pm me or point me in the right direction of the place to join someone's framily here? This community is awesome and I would prefer to do this here rather than Reddit. Our first baby is on the way time to trim the budget. Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

pM me. I have space available.

I'm wondering if everyone is getting their multiple lines discount right on their first month. Is anyone getting charged $55 even though they have multiple lines?

My friend got her discount on her first bill. My other friend who just signed up, not sure yet if she got her discount yet, but even I have my discounts showing up already.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'm wondering if everyone is getting their multiple lines discount right on their first month. Is anyone getting charged $55 even though they have multiple lines?

Mine didn't show up for the pro-rated charges - don't know if that was supposed to happen or not.  But they did show up for the charges for the next month.  I was thinking about calling to ask about that, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

8 is for service and repair from sprint, 3 is for assurian insurance coverage.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It's off my account now. The new Google Nexus 5 will be here in a month so if I can not break this and my EVO backup phone by then I'm good. That puts my bill at about $50 for unlimited everything. Beats $102

Sent from my SPH-L900

This is a known system glitch, the store that did it can do a one time credit to fix it or care can. I had to do it twice today.

So I have 2 questions regarding this Framily plan. Will I still be able to use my employee discount that my employer offers? And will each line still have that $10 Premium data charge each month?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So I have 2 questions regarding this Framily plan. Will I still be able to use my employee discount that my employer offers? And will each line still have that $10 Premium data charge each month?

There is no more premium data charge 0 and the employer discount only applies if you get the 3GB or unlimited data options and it only applies to the add ons.  the 1GB is included in the plan.

• Like 2

Great thanks guys. Looks like if my wife and I switch to this we'd only save $5. Unfortunately we don't have any friends on Sprint to add to the plan.

Just go to the sprint page in Facebook and you will find a lot of people there with their Id, asking for people to join them

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just go to the sprint page in Facebook and you will find a lot of people there with their Id, asking for people to join them

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Anyone here have openings? I'd rather join a group here rather than a random person on Facebook.

• Like 1

Thanks. Anyone here have openings? I'd rather join a group here rather than a random person on Facebook.

Current customers cant join other current customers framily groups.

Premium data charge will go, and be replaced by either nothing for 1gb, $10 for 3gb, or $20 for unlimited data and annual upgrade. Your corporate discount takes money off of your data charge only.

So I finally just got done reading through all 49 pages of this and just to clear things up, this is what I'm getting from all of this (and please correct me where I'm wrong)

- There is no premium data charge

- Current Sprint customers cannot join into Framily plans

- If people are looking for openings go to the Sprint Facebook page

- You can switch over to Framily only in store (but also through chat & over the phone?) not online

- There is an Unlimited data guarantee for the Framily plan but ONLY the Unlimited plan (not the 1 GB or 3 GB plan)

- Off network voice roaming is 800 minutes and data is 100 MB

- Subsides are not available on the Framily plan, but a device can be purchased out right for the full price, you can bring your own device that is Sprint certified (not from Virgin Mobile, Boost or Assurance Wireless) or you can sign up for Easy Pay and spread out your payments over 24 months

- Discounts will be taken off of ONLY 3 GB or Unlimited data plans NOT the 1 GB or the actual bill

- You are NOT in a contract - it is "like" a prepaid - where it is a month to month

I hope I got everything? Just wanted to try and clear everything up for people still looking at this plan and can't keep up with the thread.

*** Unanswered question: Do discounts come off of phones? 

• Like 2

And you are not under a contract, but  you are under a phone payment agreement if you go with easy pay. Your cell plan is basically month to month.

Thank you - I added that to the list.

Anything else?

Thank you - I added that to the list.

Anything else?

Just that subsidies are no longer available, but easy pay is. You don't have to pay full price. Also, as an existing customer, you can make a framily, you just can't join another existing customers group plan. Just clarifying as you worded it like existing subs can't be involved in framily at all.

Just that subsidies are no longer available, but easy pay is. You don't have to pay full price. Also, as an existing customer, you can make a framily, you just can't join another existing customers group plan. Just clarifying as you worded it like existing subs can't be involved in framily at all.

If subsidies are no longer available, what do you mean by not paying full price?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

If subsidies are no longer available, what do you mean by not paying full price?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Meaning you can finance it through Easy Pay instead of purely purchasing it up front.

I believe the chat reps are still letting existing customers join Framilies -- you just have to find the right rep. Sometimes you have to change your billing address to the Framily ID holder's billing address... but, it is possible to be added.

• Like 1

Did anyone switch in the middle of a cycle? I did and they did not apply the Framily discounts for the prorated portion - the rep I am talking to says it's not supposed to work that way?

I had 20 days on old plan and 10 on family. It was prorated.

Sent from my SPH-L900