LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Looks Like Band 41 deployment is going to get big real fast. Just got a PCN (Prior Coordination Notice) Fancy term for Microwave Path Coordination. for  over 100 locations across the US for Sprintcom. Equipment Spec'd was Dragonwave (what Clearwire deployed before they halted ). Spread across the US 80 corridor mainly but with Huge clusters in WA state-Seattle area, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, and Ohio.

very interesting! can you share if the iowa locations are rural eastern iowa or I-80 between des moines and omaha? Looking at our maps for IA/NE those locations would make the most sense for microwave backhaul deployment. I-80 from des moines to IL is already all 4G accepted so they either already have fiber or microwave, but I-80 west of des moines is lacking on 4G for most of it. I-35 and the des moines/ames metros are all also 4G already so again they have fiber already. that leaves rural eastern iowa, which is not only still all 3G but is also mostly GMO sites..... which leads me to believe, in iowa at least, this is more for getting backhaul to get B25 going than it is for B41.....

very interesting! can you share if the iowa locations are rural eastern iowa or I-80 between des moines and omaha? Looking at our maps for IA/NE those locations would make the most sense for microwave backhaul deployment. I-80 from des moines to IL is already all 4G accepted so they either already have fiber or microwave, but I-80 west of des moines is lacking on 4G for most of it. I-35 and the des moines/ames metros are all also 4G already so again they have fiber already. that leaves rural eastern iowa, which is not only still all 3G but is also mostly GMO sites..... which leads me to believe, in iowa at least, this is more for getting backhaul to get B25 going than it is for B41.....

Looks to be about 10 paths between Des Moines and Omaha and  probably about as much around Omaha itself. Nothing really east of Des Moines until Davenport area. Another Cluster Around Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Clinton and Sterling.

• Like 1

Looks to be about 10 paths between Des Moines and Omaha and  probably about as much around Omaha itself. Nothing really east of Des Moines until Davenport area. Another Cluster Around Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Clinton and Sterling.

So, lots of people in those markets can just attach their microwave popcorn bags to the ends of long poles and hold them up in the air?

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Looks Like Band 41 deployment is going to get big real fast. Just got a PCN (Prior Coordination Notice) Fancy term for Microwave Path Coordination. for over 100 locations across the US for Sprintcom. Equipment Spec'd was Dragonwave (what Clearwire deployed before they halted ). Spread across the US 80 corridor mainly but with Huge clusters in WA state-Seattle area, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, and Ohio.

One common denominator for all the listed markets top..

Guess who's at the forefront of the 8t8r deployment with minimal equipment supply issues and no doubt the best sprint network equipment OEM vendor..

Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

awesome thanks! that just confirms that they are having issues getting fiber along I-80 there and 4G will get filled in once this is done :) 

• Like 1

Band 41 had much better edge of cell performance, that is true. This is why connections down to -130dBm are allowed. 

How does Sensorly interpret this?  In Los Angeles I spend most of the time on B41 as I'm driving around trying to paint some purple onto the maps.  Am I taking away some deep purple by always being connected to B41 which is usable to a lower level of signal strength?

How does Sensorly interpret this?  In Los Angeles I spend most of the time on B41 as I'm driving around trying to paint some purple onto the maps.  Am I taking away some deep purple by always being connected to B41 which is usable to a lower level of signal strength?

Yep! 

Light purple for everyone!

• Like 4

Yep! 

Light purple for everyone!

They kinda need to come up with a new system for that. I know it would be a bit of a PITA to do it, but it's an issue that's gonna become more and more prevalent as carriers do capacity overlays.

I guess the biggest issue would be determining band in the first place. They may have to do something not dependent on bands.

I like seeing b41 pop up more, but the weaker signal also means worse battery life.  At my gym, my phone now floats between b41 and b26, with the b41 signal usually between 117-123dBm rsrp.  Spending an hour at the gym I'll see my battery meter drop 15-20% when I'm done.

Looks to be about 10 paths between Des Moines and Omaha and probably about as much around Omaha itself. Nothing really east of Des Moines until Davenport area. Another Cluster Around Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Clinton and Sterling.

Sounds like the I80 west corridor and the rural 380 corridor. So that would be for band 25.

They kinda need to come up with a new system for that. I know it would be a bit of a PITA to do it, but it's an issue that's gonna become more and more prevalent as carriers do capacity overlays.

I guess the biggest issue would be determining band in the first place. They may have to do something not dependent on bands.

There must be a way to determine the band.  Other apps can do it.  (Most of the time.)

I like seeing b41 pop up more, but the weaker signal also means worse battery life. At my gym, my phone now floats between b41 and b26, with the b41 signal usually between 117-123dBm rsrp. Spending an hour at the gym I'll see my battery meter drop 15-20% when I'm done.

Yes, this is true. But I'm having the same issue now with AT&T and VZW Band 4 over Band 17/13. Getting stuck on weak signals of B4 inside of buildings when a strong B17/13 is available. Reduces battery life. Not extremely, but noticeably. A review of my battery stats will show that it is still screen using the most battery. But it does move up a good 15%.

But in both instances, AT&T and VZW are both faster with weak B4 signals than 17/13. So it's just like Sprint in that regard. B41 reduces battery life when on a weak signal, but it will likely perform faster than B26 would with a stronger signal.

• Like 2

Yes, this is true. But I'm having the same issue now with AT&T and VZW Band 4 over Band 17/13. Getting stuck on weak signals of B4 inside of buildings when a strong B17/13 is available. Reduces battery life. Not extremely, but noticeably. A review of my battery stats will show that it is still screen using the most battery. But it does move up a good 15%.

But in both instances, AT&T and VZW are both faster with weak B4 signals than 17/13. So it's just like Sprint in that regard. B41 reduces battery life when on a weak signal, but it will likely perform faster than B26 would with a stronger signal.

Isnt that the case with any poor signal or "searching for signal" it drains your battery more then if you had a good to excellent signal? Not just B41 lol 

Isnt that the case with any poor signal or "searching for signal" it drains your battery more then if you had a good to excellent signal? Not just B41 lol

Yes. But I think the frustration comes when they know a stronger signal that would drain the battery less is present. Ideally, your device would camp on the stronger signal and then move you over to the better performing weaker signal when needed for an active data session. That way your device would maximize the benefit of standby for battery life.

But this does not seem to happen on AT&T, Verizon nor Sprint in my observations.

• Like 2

Yes. But I think the frustration comes when they know a stronger signal that would drain the battery less is present. Ideally, your device would camp on the stronger signal and then move you over to the better performing weaker signal when needed for an active data session. That way your device would maximize the benefit of standby for battery life.

But this does not seem to happen on AT&T, Verizon nor Sprint in my observations.

Good point. I had AT&T before and there network is not all that bad, I had issues with dropped calls when the tower is right down the road from me. 

Yep, I would surely think that the system should always camp on the strongest signal.  That probably will mostly be Band 26 when all sites are finally active with band 26.  I am sure there will be some exceptions.  When any significant traffic starts moving, then the traffic should be moved to what ever band will work best.   Software someplace needs to look at the loads on each carrier and be smart enough to make an intelligent decision on what band should carry the traffic for this session.  It may be extremely difficult to make this work, as it may be very hard to know the signal strength of all 3 bands at the phone.

If almost all phones camped on Band 26 because it is the strongest, would that be too much traffic on that band? just the back and forth messaging all packed on one band might be quite a bit.  Getting this all to work very well could be a nightmare.

• Like 1

What speeds should be expected from band 41? I see all these people getting 40-70 MBPS, and I've never seen that from band 41 even with full bars on my iPhone 6.

That assumes you have decent signal and are on a tower with enough backhaul. Many Clearwire sites don't have the proper backhaul to support those speeds yet.

That assumes you have decent signal and are on a tower with enough backhaul. Many Clearwire sites don't have the proper backhaul to support those speeds yet.

Its just gonna take forever here. God. Everyone else has Spark going way faster in other markets. Meanwhile AT&T has 15x15 here going 90 MBPS.

Its just gonna take forever here. God. Everyone else has Spark going way faster in other markets. Meanwhile AT&T has 15x15 here going 90 MBPS.

Then feel free to jump onto ATT for that 15x15 FDD-LTE. If Sprint doesn't suite your needs then you should look for alternatives that do.

Complaining here will do you no good. 

• Like 9

Then feel free to jump onto ATT for that 15x15 FDD-LTE. If Sprint doesn't suite your needs then you should look for alternatives that do. Complaining here will do you no good.

It's my right to complain :P I have the worst carrier in the U.S. (Well except Chicago or Tampa). No I'm sorry if I'm whining. (I am) I can't switch back to the Death Star (had AT&T before) They're fast and all but I would go over my data every month due to no telco servicing my house with Internet. Now Sprint... Well it was okay when I first got them (back in February.) Service though has gone downhill, b25 and b26 are saturated at all times of the day and sometimes there is no data at all (even 3G) at my house. Do you understand my pain? And then take into consideration Austin Texas is a market with pretty much all clear wire band 41 sites. Downtown you're lucky to get 10 Mbps at the fastest. Sprint just isn't too good here and I see complaining as a way to get others opinions and make-shift time frames for deployment of b41. Have a good day though. :) Well what's left of the day. Edited by TangerineAir

It's my right to complain :P I have the worst carrier in the U.S. (Well except Chicago or Tampa). No I'm sorry if I'm whining. (I am) I can't switch back to the Death Star (had AT&T before) They're fast and all but I would go over my data every month due to no telco servicing my house with Internet. Now Sprint... Well it was okay when I first got them (back in February.) Service though has gone downhill, b25 and b26 are saturated at all times of the day and sometimes there is no data at all (even 3G) at my house. Do you understand my pain? And then take into consideration Austin Texas is a market with pretty much all clear wire band 41 sites. Downtown you're lucky to get 10 Mbps at the fastest. Sprint just isn't too good here and I see complaining as a way to get others opinions and make-shift time frames for deployment of b41. Have a good day though. :) Well what's left of the day.

Please direct your complaints and whining towards Sprint support and etc who might be able to do something for you. 

Whining and complaining here will do nothing for you other than getting you in trouble with the posting rules with regards to ranting and complaining about service.

People that follow this thread want to read about deployment progress of 2.5 or other related developments and not ones trouble with their home tower and local network. 

• Like 6

Please direct your complaints and whining towards Sprint support and etc who might be able to do something for you.

Whining and complaining here will do nothing for you other than getting you in trouble with the posting rules with regards to ranting and complaining about service.

People that follow this thread want to read about deployment progress of 2.5 or other related developments and not ones trouble with their home tower and local network.

I'm greatly sorry. I really didn't know. :( It seems you cannot delete posts either... I'm sorry for any clutter I've made in this thread. If there's anyway to delete I would be happy to.