LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

That is Band 41. When 1x shows at the same time as LTE, the data showing in SCP gets stuck. There is a fix coming for that soon. There is not a 10x10 carrier live in Phoenix, and there likely won't be one soon. In the future, as CDMA gets cut down more, a 10x10 may be possible.

What does it mean when my phone doesn't automatic PRL update and profile update

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Could you rephrase the question? I'm not sure what you're asking.

Why did my phone do a automatic prl and profile update without me doing a thing

Why did my phone do a automatic prl and profile update without me doing a thing

PRL and profile updates are periodically pushed to everyone. It doesn't mean anything.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

PRL and profile updates are periodically pushed to everyone. It doesn't mean anything.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Ok thank you

Will these be deployed by sprint only or will they be available to customers as well in place of an AIRAVE?

Will these be deployed by sprint only or will they be available to customers as well in place of an AIRAVE?

I don't know if that's been determined yet but the idea behind these small cells is to add B41 coverage in locations where you may not have it, and optimal B41 at that.

• Like 1

Just noticed that Sprint changed the PCI (I usually use it to determine which of the 3 sectors I'm in) to both B25/B26 and Clearwire B41 in a tower in which both Sprint and Clear are co-located. Anyone have any idea as to why they would do this?

I don't know if that's been determined yet but the idea behind these small cells is to add B41 coverage in locations where you may not have it, and optimal B41 at that.

is there such thing as pre network vision PCI

I am back in one of my usual areas and the LTE signal strength has completely dropped off. I usually get a -102 to -110ish B25 signal from a particular PCI but today it's all been -118 or 3G with a mix of PCIs I have never seen before. The usual PCI did appear twice at -122 and -124 dbm. Any idea what might be happening?

I have a question about this as well. I'm going to assume that these small cells have to be attached to a form of broadband service(time warner, u-verse). If that is the case then what is the point? They don't provide better voice service just data and you already have that with your broadband provider. Plus if the power goes out so does your service. So I'll ask again what is the point? Please if I am wrong someone let me no. I have a 3g airave and it did help with voice coverage.

I have a question about this as well. I'm going to assume that these small cells have to be attached to a form of broadband service(time warner, u-verse). If that is the case then what is the point? They don't provide better voice service just data and you already have that with your broadband provider. Plus if the power goes out so does your service. So I'll ask again what is the point? Please if I am wrong someone let me no. I have a 3g airave and it did help with voice coverage.

If you're away from your home, in that area with a small cell, then you get better data coverage.

But I'm Right about it having to be attached to your home broadband correct? If that's true than everyone in the area with sprint would be hogging your home broadband that you pay for. I think I'll stick to my wifi at home and just ok signal outside till they actually expand coverage in my area. 

Besides I can't imagine coverage with this thing being much greater than my home wifi router which reaches to all adjacent houses in my neighborhood. Again I'm definitely no expert on these matters. Just my opinion

Edited by paintmaster

But I'm Right about it having to be attached to your home broadband correct? If that's true than everyone in the area with sprint would be hogging your home broadband that you pay for. I think I'll stick to my wifi at home and just ok signal outside till they actually expand coverage in my area. 

No, small cells aren't connected to "home" broadband connections.  The backhaul for them are either a B41 connection to a macro tower OR they pay for a local ISP to provide access to it.  The internet connection isn't from anyone's home.

• Like 2

An if you want to map your signals, there is actually a program in Google play store that would let you do it called network cell info. I'm using it right now.

4980496e01c57494401dcda39124198c.jpg

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

An if you want to map your signals, there is actually a program in Google play store that would let you do it called network cell info. I'm using it right now.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Sure does show Shentel's fantastic coverage on I-81

• 2 months later...

Since it's been discovered that the Galaxy Note 7 is the first 4x4 MIMO capable commercial device, what does that mean for Sprint? Will Sprint's Note 7 be able to make use of this on Band 41?

Just think. Why is samsung not advertising such a significant technological implementation like that? Then think why none of the four carriers talk of it.

The software may show it but software on a lot of samsung devices show options that are not physically possible since they port the software from device to device ie carrier aggregation screens and options on older samsung devices that are not capable.

Until the phone is torn down its yet to be confirmed it's 4x4 capable.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 2

Just think. Why is samsung not advertising such a significant technological implementation like that? Then think why none of the four carriers talk of it.

The software may show it but software on a lot of samsung devices show options that are not physically possible since they port the software from device to device ie carrier aggregation screens and options on older samsung devices that are not capable.

Until the phone is torn down its yet to be confirmed it's 4x4 capable.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Could this at the very least indicate that they are working on it for implementation in future devices possibly in the next year or so?

Could this at the very least indicate that they are working on it for implementation in future devices possibly in the next year or so?

There is no doubt it will come to fruition next year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I thought I'd just share something that I observed with the latest iOS beta - I think Sprint has managed to implement some form of SIB13 in their network where the network instructs the device when to hand over to the CDMA network. Before this beta, when I would drop LTE, I would momentarily drop data before my phone picked up 1x and then switched to 3G. If I were running a speed test while I dropped LTE, it would fail. As of yesterday, when my phone drops LTE, it goes straight to 3G, without ever dropping the data connection or connecting to 1x. I ran a speedtest in a low signal area (-118 B25) and blocked the signal to the phone with my hands about 5 seconds through the test. The phone handed down to 3G and the data session was not interrupted - the speedtest continued. Im not sure but I think that this is probably in preparation for VoLTE. Thoughts anyone?

• Like 3