LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Note Edge

LG GFlex 2

LG G4

Galaxy s6

S6 edge

HTC one m9

Note 5

S6 edge plus

iPhone 6s

iPhone 6s Plus

Nexus 5x (2015 version)

Nexus 6 (2015 version)

HTC one a9

I think that's it.... Not including hotspot devices

Hah, looks like I will have to wait for phone prices to drop.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Hah, looks like I will have to wait for phone prices to drop.

Well, an HTC One M7 on Sprint looks like it is going for ~$80 on Swappa and a nexus 5x 16 GB is $379 so $300 out of pocket (unless you are on a subsidized phone plan in which case go nuts).

Moto x pure 2015 missing from the list

Note Edge

LG GFlex 2

LG G4

Galaxy s6

S6 edge

HTC one m9

Note 5

S6 edge plus

iPhone 6s

iPhone 6s Plus

Nexus 5x (2015 version)

Nexus 6 (2015 version)

HTC one a9

I think that's it.... Not including hotspot devices

• Like 1

Well, an HTC One M7 on Sprint looks like it is going for ~$80 on Swappa and a nexus 5x 16 GB is $379 so $300 out of pocket (unless you are on a subsidized phone plan in which case go nuts).

The M7 doesn't have carrier aggregation though.

Neither Nexus devices or Moto X pure are taking advantage of this for some reason.... Only devices sold through sprint directly have it enabled.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Huh? My 5X from the play store came with CA enabled by default.
  • Like 2

Neither Nexus devices or Moto X pure are taking advantage of this for some reason.... Only devices sold through sprint directly have it enabled.

My nexus 6p DEFINITELY has CA enabled out of the box.

urSPHGx.png?1

• Like 4

The 2015 Nexus 5/6 are definitely CA capable and CA active. Not sure where you got that idea.

Directly from Sprint in twitter. Today but was a while back and can't find link. Someone asked about Project Fi supporting Sprint's LTE+ and they none of the nexus devices would...

Directly from Sprint in twitter. Today but was a while back and can't find link. Someone asked about Project Fi supporting Sprint's LTE+ and they none of the nexus devices would...

Not the most reliable source. Now it's possible Project Fi devices might have CA disabled, but Nexus 5x/6p devices on Sprint are definitely utilizing CA.

• Like 1

Previous Project Fi or Google devices (Nexus 6 and Nexus 5) had Band 41 support but not Carrier Aggregation (LTE+?) support. Easy to get them confused with the Nexus 6P and Nexus 5x which both do support and have CA enabled right out of the box.

• Like 1

Previous Project Fi or Google devices (Nexus 6 and Nexus 5) had Band 41 support but not Carrier Aggregation (LTE+?) support. Easy to get them confused with the Nexus 6P and Nexus 5x which both do support and have CA enabled right out of the box.

I get it...but they specifically said none of the Nexus devices... None. Lol.

Now, does anyone know about the Moto X Pure? Supposedly it does, and I have yet to see anything past 78mbps.

I get it...but they specifically said none of the Nexus devices... None. Lol.

Now, does anyone know about the Moto X Pure? Supposedly it does, and I have yet to see anything past 78mbps.

The moto x pure does support b41 CA: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-389-teaser-hello-moto-x/

So, not the iPhone 6? Sprint's own page indicates Sprint Spark as one of the key features.

Spark just indicates a device can use a single carrier on B41. A CA capable device means it can use more than one carrier at the same time. Right now, CA devices can effectively double download speeds on B41. In the future, Sprint may also allow 3x or even higher CA, which would further increase speeds.

Sent from my Note 4

• Like 1

Spark just indicates a device can use a single carrier on B41. A CA capable device means it can use more than one carrier at the same time. Right now, CA devices can effectively double download speeds on B41. In the future, Sprint may also allow 3x or even higher CA, which would further increase speeds.

Sent from my Note 4

Okay thanks. Should there still be some improvement seen just from that B41?

Okay thanks. Should there still be some improvement seen just from that B41?

Every additional carrier added, adds capacity for everyone, just like adding an additional lane on a highway. CA devices can just use two lanes at once, where your phone (and mine) can only use one lane. It's still faster though.

Sent from my Note 4

With the new price plan promotion debuted on the 18th of November sprint also launched LTE plus in 77 markets. In their press release on their website it states that there are 13 devices that support CA ( Carrier aggregation). Which devices aside from the HTC ONE A9, S6/EDGE, NOTE 5/S6 EDGE+, LG G4, and iPhone 6s/6s plus are there? 

This is simply out of curiosity and It will also help a lot of people in their purchasing a new phone.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.  :)  :jedi:

In their press release on their website it states that there are 13 devices that support CA ( Carrier aggregation). Which devices aside from the HTC ONE A9, S6/EDGE, NOTE 5/S6 EDGE+, LG G4, and iPhone 6s/6s plus are there? 

This is simply out of curiosity and It will also help a lot of people in their purchasing a new phone.

Check post #2223.

I was playing around last night with RootMetrics, Sensorly, Open signal I came across something very weird/ interesting?

First of all, Boost mobile uses 100% of Sprint's towers correct? Not shared with another company? (Other than roaming obviously).

My observation is, I was looking at the mapping for Sprint and is very weak and many parts blank... Just for fun I switched to Boost thinking it was going going to be identical. Nope! Other than customer mapping, can anyone care to explain why Boost shows amazing coverage over Sprint "parent" company? See attached pics.

8205a7f4e09421a3a18a5acbc67fe199.jpg

e99f55df2c2a5c349c1b07deba98b340.jpg

532e1d023b7edb6586b091706ac3498e.jpg

6e73d1086450c75f0d2c395da8494e53.jpg

The difference is ridiculous.

Edited by ttwiitch
  • Like 1