Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

I'm not sure. My mothers iPhone 5 won't connect either. Could it be a single band phone issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably something like that. I've just came back from Michigan and of course I had LTE everywhere except WV. Thinking about calling CC but doubt they will be any help.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Edited by bbostwick8

Yea... I've checked all the settings and did a profile / prl update. It rebooted automatically and came back up, did a software update (!) and rebooted again and still nothing. Network mode is CDMA/LTE only.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

What band is the iPhone connecting to? If Band 26 is the only band currently live, your Note 3 would not be able to connect to that.

I'm not sure. My mothers iPhone 5 won't connect either. Could it be a single band phone issue?

I have the same issue with my iPhone5, while my experience with LTE and knowledge is limited. I believe that a carrier settings update is needed to fix it, or it maybe a sim card issue. Then again I may not know what the heck I am talking about, and if anyone has information that makes me look like an idiot please feel free to use it.

Yeah if the only band deployed in your area is Band 26 then your mother's iPhone won't be able to connect to it since it is single band.

-Anthony

Yeah if the only band deployed in your area is Band 26 then your mother's iPhone won't be able to connect to it since it is single band.

-Anthony

Seems most of NRV seems like its 26 with spots in Blacksburg with 25 from my observations.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The only band in my area is 25. I've yet to pick up 26 or 41 in Beckley only 25.

Hmm, I would say it could be an eCSFB issue, but considering the iPhone 5 can't connect, which doesn't need eCSFB, then it leaves me wondering what else it could be. I can't think of what it is.

-Anthony

Was in Richmond yesterday, and all LTE bands I could receive got good data service. This used to be Ntelos, but now is native Sprint. Nowat home and on my tower located on Roy Rd, Troutville, and I get very decent B25 signal but still no data....I might be sending some up but nothing comes back. I switch my phone to 3G manually and I get good data there with EHRPD in the background. My significant other has a Note 4 same as mine, but hers has stock rom, and she thinks she's getting data at her sister's house. Might be, but I believe a home signal there is so weak that you may be lucky to get 1xrtt, and maybe 3G if you wear a tin hat, and hold the phone in the air. I dunno what's going on, but if it's my nightlies from Cyanogenmod, well I hope they fiure it out. If it's Ntelos, I wish they would have left well enough alone. LTE worked a treat for three day and now it's just a signal with dead air.

Richmond has always been a native Sprint market.

Sent from my Note 4

• Like 2

Hmm, I would say it could be an eCSFB issue, but considering the iPhone 5 can't connect, which doesn't need eCSFB, then it leaves me wondering what else it could be. I can't think of what it is.

-Anthony

Sprint had a problem with spark devices and their old 4g version (pre spark equipment) in 2014. I think the same issue that sprint had then is the current issue that some of us are experiencing with the newly opened ntelos signal. While researching possible reasons for my issues of getting signal but no data i found many articles discussing it and sounds very similar. Just my opinion tho and wouldn't mind hearing others thoughts on it. Ill also add that except for the iphone 5. Its the same devices that had issues then also.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I've got similar issues and it's driving me insane . I ported 4 lines from Verizon on the 30th. (Ashland/Ironton area) Since they have activated the lte , none of our new phones can utilize the data . S6 Edge plus , 2 LG 3's and one S6 . Customer support simply pulls the map up and says we shouldn't have it anyway . I've updated everything a million times to no avail . Surely there has to be something we can do to get this going . All of my neighbors are getting it with no issues .  . Connects to nTelos on band 26 . 800 of course . All phones have 26 enabled . I've even set priority to 1 on band 26 on my Edge plus . Screenshot_2015-12-01-08-22-38.png?dl=0  Not sure why SS isn't showing , however, here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm8k6w5hlmi4zii/Screenshot_2015-12-01-08-22-38.png?dl=0

post-61385-0-58299100-1448978754_thumb.png

Edited by ciosclone

As of Saturday I still needed to turn on LTE only and Roaming. I don't think I recieved the update either. When I do a profile update it restarts my phone like something important happend then nothing.

To try lte only mode ##data#->edit->enter msl->More->HDR/1x Selection->lte only mode. You won't get phone calls but atleast you can try to see if lte is in your area.

I guess some of us may have to wait for Shentel to finish buying nTelos.

I've got similar issues and it's driving me insane . I ported 4 lines from Verizon on the 30th. (Ashland/Ironton area) Since they have activated the lte , none of our new phones can utilize the data . S6 Edge plus , 2 LG 3's and one S6 . Customer support simply pulls the map up and says we shouldn't have it anyway . I've updated everything a million times to no avail . Surely there has to be something we can do to get this going . All of my neighbors are getting it with no issues . . Connects to nTelos on band 26 . 800 of course . All phones have 26 enabled . I've even set priority to 1 on band 26 on my Edge plus . Screenshot_2015-12-01-08-22-38.png?dl=0 Not sure why SS isn't showing , however, here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm8k6w5hlmi4zii/Screenshot_2015-12-01-08-22-38.png?dl=0

I had almost the exact same experience except my numbers was ported from ntelos about a year ago. Your experience with the tech is exactly the same tho, after he couldn't figure it out the tech got smart with me and stated i shouldn't have 4g anyway

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

As of Saturday I still needed to turn on LTE only and Roaming. I don't think I recieved the update either. When I do a profile update it restarts my phone like something important happend then nothing.

To try lte only mode ##data#->edit->enter msl->More->HDR/1x Selection->lte only mode. You won't get phone calls but atleast you can try to see if lte is in your area.

I guess some of us may have to wait for Shentel to finish buying nTelos.

Thanks , but I've done this many times as well . Nothing  

post-61385-0-83103000-1448980815_thumb.png

Edited by ciosclone

I filled in a good portion on sensorly.com this morning on 33/29 and parts of UVa/UVa Medical Center & Downtown Ch'ville. Only dropped to 3G a few times then picked up LTE pretty quickly afterwards. 

• Like 1

I filled in a good portion on sensorly.com this morning on 33/29 and parts of UVa/UVa Medical Center & Downtown Ch'ville. Only dropped to 3G a few times then picked up LTE pretty quickly afterwards.

Thank you!! Although I can't map I do look to see what others pick up

Thank you!! Although I can't map I do look to see what others pick up

The last 45 mins of my trip hasent posted yet hopefully with in the next 30 mins or so is should show up.

I can't get any LTE from the big tower on West Main St. (C'ville).  It must not be up and running yet.  Too bad, that's my main tower when at work.  800 LTE remains steady at home.

Thats weird. I was picking it up fine when I went through this morning around 815 820 am. 

• Like 1

Yep, just tried some airplane mode toggles, profile and PRL updates, turned off work Wi-Fi - nothin'. Still get the no data until eHRPD switched back to EVDO scenario as always, too. LTE seems fine for me elsewhere.

EDIT: Just noticed the original post went out via the Sprint 1X 800 tower in Troy, way east of town, even though I'm smack dab in the middle of town. More transition squirreliness, I guess.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

• Like 1