Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

I live downtown Morgantown (High St.) I'm so excited to go back for B41 [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you probably wont get it indoors as the tower is on the other side of the river.  also CA isnt enable on it too (spark). b25 is quick too at 10mbit. which is what i usually connect to indoors.

Edited by komat

Wait so these places already have band 41 when they literally didn't have LTE at all a few months ago?

Am I missing something??

Ntelos had the network live for their own users for quite some time. Only recently have they allowed sprint users to access the lte network they scrounged together.

Wait so these places already have band 41 when they literally didn't have LTE at all a few months ago?

Am I missing something??

nTelos had lte they just did not open it up to sprint users. Now they are opening it up.

It should be wide spread now we just need to map it to find how far it spreads. I thought nTlos had a deal with someone to test home internet on B41.

Band 26 800mhz doesn't work well for me unless I get a really good signal. Band 25 and 41 works good

Sprint needs to do a better job optimizing band 26. There are alot of places where it doesn't connect to it or hold onto it very long compared to b25 and, b41.

Band 41 downtown morgantown

I live downtown Morgantown (High St.) I'm so excited to go back for B41 [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

nTelos had lte they just did not open it up to sprint users. Now they are opening it up.

It should be wide spread now we just need to map it to find how far it spreads. I thought nTlos had a deal with someone to test home internet on B41.

Last year in Charlottesville band 41 was open for nTelos users. It only lasted a month and was very weak, but from what I was told they were testing with Dish Network.

d5db02d08ba756c3376ea496ab3048d1.jpg

Anybody getting this error?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I would get that after reboots and airplane mode disable starting about a week before it was turned on.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I cant use the data at all when i do connect so trust me it could be worse. Ive connected to all 3 bands with no data use being allowed all while having a strong signal which makes no sense. Im wondering how many people here are experiencing this issue and how many of you have samsung s5s ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I rode up US-15 yesterday and confirmed that of the six nTelos sites I pass, Carysbrook, Gordonsville, Madison Run, and Orange all do not have B25.  Palmyra probably does not have B25.  (I saw the signal on my analyzer, but not strong enough to have been on the tower I was passing unless it was just very weak for some reason.  More likely I was just seeing B25 from a distant site.)

The tower at Troy, though, south of Zion Crossroads, did appear to have B25 according to my analyzer (got up to -65 dBm on it), but my phone would not connect to it.  There wasn't a good place to pull over and tinker, and a profile update as I was going by didn't bring it up either.

I can also confirm that the Sprint site at Zion Crossroads also still does not have B25.

Finally, and off subject, but nothing pisses me off quite like dropping from B25 LTE at -105 dBm to Verizon 1X roaming in a matter of seconds, with nothing in between.

- Trip

I rode up US-15 yesterday and confirmed that of the six nTelos sites I pass, Carysbrook, Gordonsville, Madison Run, and Orange all do not have B25. Palmyra probably does not have B25. (I saw the signal on my analyzer, but not strong enough to have been on the tower I was passing unless it was just very weak for some reason. More likely I was just seeing B25 from a distant site.)

The tower at Troy, though, south of Zion Crossroads, did appear to have B25 according to my analyzer (got up to -65 dBm on it), but my phone would not connect to it. There wasn't a good place to pull over and tinker, and a profile update as I was going by didn't bring it up either.

I can also confirm that the Sprint site at Zion Crossroads also still does not have B25.

Finally, and off subject, but nothing pisses me off quite like dropping from B25 LTE at -105 dBm to Verizon 1X roaming in a matter of seconds, with nothing in between.

- Trip

Thank you for this! I noticed the same thing about the site at Troy. Will not connect but my phone will hold on the B25 from the site at Lake Monticello.

Just drove to Morgantown from Beckley and for 95% of the drive I kept LTE. Now that I'm in Morgantown I am connecting to all 3 bands, speeds are only around 5mbps but a serious improvement over the 3G only speeds!

• Like 6