Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Finally able to connect on both the 6S+ and M9 in Charlottesville. 3-5Mbs

The last several days I have noticed that I havent dropped to 3G. And able to keep a LTE signal throughout Chville, Albemarle and Greene (with the exception of my house of course since half of it is in Native territory and the other half is in roaming area).

I will occasionally stay stuck on 3G until I toggle mobile data, and the quality of music streaming has slipped a little the last couple of days.

I usually get 800, so I changed my LTE priority to 41>25>26, but haven't seen B41 yet.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

Well, speed test is now showing 5-7 Mbs, but the Ping is horrible. I'm not complaining just surprised.

Don't know when it started. Just decided to try right before I posted. Wasn't able to connect yesterday.

Finally. Been waiting since WiMAX.

Just in time for christmas raffle -- enter to win a new 64gb samsung galaxy note 5 white

Buying a ticket will also make you a sponsor, which gives you access to lots of cool info!

• Like 3

Just a question about the LTE network.

The coverage map for my area was updated to LTE early Sunday morning. Still nobody is able to connect to it. About how long should it be before the techs usually fix such an issue?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Just a question about the LTE network.

The coverage map for my area was updated to LTE early Sunday morning. Still nobody is able to connect to it. About how long should it be before the techs usually fix such an issue?

I believe it was Saturday that they made the 4g change on the morgantown area maps and yesterday was when mine and my other lines actually got access to the data.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did it just pop up for you, or did you have to do scrtn or update, etc...?

I did a ##update# after I noticed that I was only connecting with 1x. It did a reboot after the profilr/PRL update and connected right away.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I will occasionally stay stuck on 3G until I toggle mobile data, and the quality of music streaming has slipped a little the last couple of days.

I usually get 800, so I changed my LTE priority to 41>25>26, but haven't seen B41 yet.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

Last year when I had nTelos the first LTE I saw in Charlottesville at Pantops was 1-2 bars of band 41. It caused major issues for nTelos customers because for the 3-4 weeks it was working everything you would connect and drop back to 3G you had no data until you restarted your phone.

When I asked my connection at nTelos about it he said they were testing in home LTE with dish and mobile users were never meant to connect. So band 41 did exist at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk