Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Thank you for this! I noticed the same thing about the site at Troy. Will not connect but my phone will hold on the B25 from the site at Lake Monticello.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.  Perhaps next time I pass through I'll try to head over to Lake Monticello and see what I can see, if anything.  Not sure when that will be.

- Trip

Was in Richmond yesterday, and all LTE bands I could receive got good data service. This used to be Ntelos, but now is native Sprint. Nowat  home and on my tower located on Roy Rd, Troutville, and I get very decent B25 signal but still no data....I might be sending some up but nothing comes back. I switch my phone to 3G manually and I get good data there with EHRPD in the background. My significant other has a Note 4 same as mine, but hers has stock rom, and she thinks she's getting data at her sister's house. Might be, but I believe a home signal there is so weak that you may be lucky to get 1xrtt, and maybe 3G if you wear a tin hat, and hold the phone in the air. I dunno what's going on, but if it's my nightlies from Cyanogenmod, well I hope they fiure it out. If it's Ntelos, I wish they would have left well enough alone. LTE worked a treat for three day and now it's just a signal with dead air. 

I have confirmed today that Sprint has 4G LTE in the Morgantown area! Speedtest results are in my twitter post 11/29/2015 Check out @MixedJenesis's Tweet: https://twitter.com/MixedJenesis/status/671067194143428608?s=09

Hope this helps.

What phone do you have

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It's on, don't know why it didn't get into the log. It may be that LTE is coming in from a different tower than CDMA but I doubt it. I think I've got one note for CDMA and one for LTE, don't remember, but I am in such a hole geographically that anything I can get that isn't roaming HAS to be from Roy Rd.

Edited by jonnycando

Arrgh, the plot thickens, I installed a new CM nightly and my phone had switched to GSM, and of course that's only useful overseas! Took several stabs at the hidden menu (*#*#4636#*#*) to get it back to CDMA but now won't receive LTE......Bleccch. Of course Ntelos may actuall have turned LTE off on local tower....they've been doing that off and on.

402b7293eb6cd454214166008fe6dcb5.jpg417894baa7db3bb580a6666f02f895a4.jpg757347b627eff1acd950bd238a2798ec.jpg I've noticed that a lot of the time when I check the engineering screens it will say B41 and then flash back and forth to 25 and then 41 again over and over. Is that normal or something that's been observed before? I'm not in a fringe location I'm directly downtown, outdoors, and it bounces back and forth.

• Like 1

LTE back on my tower, now with data....and fair to middling speed given that I am in a hole. Ookla speed test picked a shentel server in Rocky Mount....hmmm.....I reckon they are already starting to make their mark around here. I really hope so. Ntelos has been like two cans and some string for quite a while. 

My experience with B41 is that it is hard to hold onto. So I would not be concerned that it flips back and forth. 

I've noticed that a lot of the time when I check the engineering screens it will say B41 and then flash back and forth to 25 and then 41 again over and over. Is that normal or something that's been observed before? I'm not in a fringe location I'm directly downtown, outdoors, and it bounces back and forth.

My wife told me that she has LTE in uptown beckley as of today. I'll check it tonight when I get home. She has an iPhone 6 on Sprint.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I mapped a lot of speed test on foot metrics while driving around Beckley. It's pretty expansive but has a lot of gaps and dead zones.

Have you tried PRL updates/ changing it to LTE mode? I did that on my Aunts S6 and after a restart it connected immediately

Yea... I've checked all the settings and did a profile / prl update. It rebooted automatically and came back up, did a software update (!) and rebooted again and still nothing. Network mode is CDMA/LTE only.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk