Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Took a trip last night to Gallapolis, couldn't get LTE... I did over a year ago with Sprint, guess Boost just don't care.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I drove through there last week and was able to on Sprint.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Like I said, Boost must not care. I had Sprint up until February, was able to connect with them, not now...

I would reload profiles, prl, and reboot. Your phone could be having issues.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I can connect in NY, PA, and North OH...

Ok, you should be good, assuming these connections were very recent.

Edit: I have often had issues where hunting in an emerging LTE area caused problems later. A reboot was all that was required to fix it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

To my understanding they are actively working on the LTE issues we are having in WVA and SWVA. From what I can tell about 50-60% of Devices are reading it and working, the other 40% of devices ARE NOT working on it.

I've determined that...

1. It's not Device Specific. (I have a Nexus 6 I can not connect, My friend has a Nexus 6 he is connected)

2. Your phone may read LTE and you will still not have signal (I'm pulling band 26 and not connecting)

3. It is spotty on a number of devices. Your device may read LTE and be working one second and then hop off to Extended Network or 1x after and return to 3g.

My advice... If you have it, Great!

Other wise, Just keep your device on CDMA only or LTE turned off in the case of Iphones. And just keep checking day to day. They will have everything repaired soon enough. I know Sprint has been logging tons of phone calls on this issue. We waited all this time, & we finally have definite LTE in the area. It won't be long until things get sorted out. Give them a few weeks.

• Like 6

To my understanding they are actively working on the LTE issues we are having in WVA and SWVA. From what I can tell about 50-60% of Devices are reading it and working, the other 40% of devices ARE NOT working on it.

I've determined that...

1. It's not Device Specific. (I have a Nexus 6 I can not connect, My friend has a Nexus 6 he is connected)

2. Your phone may read LTE and you will still not have signal (I'm pulling band 26 and not connecting)

3. It is spotty on a number of devices. Your device may read LTE and be working one second and then hop off to Extended Network or 1x after and return to 3g.

My advice... If you have it, Great!

Other wise, Just keep your device on CDMA only or LTE turned off in the case of Iphones. And just keep checking day to day. They will have everything repaired soon enough. I know Sprint has been logging tons of phone calls on this issue. We waited all this time, & we finally have definite LTE in the area. It won't be long until things get sorted out. Give them a few weeks.

Thanks for the info, even though it is a bit disappointing.

What about new phone activations, are they all connecting correctly or having the same random problem?

Okay i went to roanoke yesterday from clifton forge/iron gate yesterday and added that log to the dropbox folder and am posting that now for the scp.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g1982o4w0cbqghu/AADkqeAqBg5Csbv8FTcwKRzva?dl=0

I only see the 2 old dbs maybe you added them to a different dropbox folder. I know I do that a lot. And Thank you for contributing to the spreadsheet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3u_X26X2JQ1Y3R2anFRUHcwcnc/view?usp=docslist_api

Right in the middle of Boost LTE coverage, can't connect...

I can't view it may be as easy as changing the share to anyone with link.

LTE Roaming..? That's new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be US Cellular LTE roaming going live. I may need to take a drive to check on some things not for LTE though. ;)

LTE Roaming..? That's new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only see the 2 old dbs maybe you added them to a different dropbox folder. I know I do that a lot. And Thank you for contributing to the spreadsheet.

I can't view it may be as easy as changing the share to anyone with link.

Must be US Cellular LTE roaming going live. I may need to take a drive to check on some things not for LTE though. ;)

Check the wall

Well that's a good thing for those of us on sprint who still can't connect, they can't say we are still a 3G area anymore if their own maps show otherwise. The maps show I am directly in the center of 4G Best area, time to escalate it up the chain I suppose. It's been 2 weeks now, should have had it figured out by now.

Well that's a good thing for those of us on sprint who still can't connect, they can't say we are still a 3G area anymore if their own maps show otherwise. The maps show I am directly in the center of 4G Best area, time to escalate it up the chain I suppose. It's been 2 weeks now, should have had it figured out by now.

I was thinking the same thing

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the current prl for Boost,or how to find it... my zone app says update,but it won't...

My sprint s5 is doing the same

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk