LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Remember with LTE all the selection does on the device is which bands get scanned for first. The network is the one that controls what band you are connected to and it's for the better. Absolutely no way they're going to let anyone use phone settings to camp on LTE 800. 

• Like 2

Ok so what do I need to do.. It's on my wife's g2..that came up after I did the latest update and it restarted..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The slot is on the top left of the phone...just stick a pin in there and push the little eject lever inwards and the sim card and tray will come out... Also might have been a tool to do this that came with the phone

Anyone have any luck with Anycut or something similar that allows you to have a shortcut the hidden menu and or iot? I'd like away to switch between lte only and evdo

When in doubt for those that don't have B41 and B26 automatically enabled after the Spark update, do a Profile and PRL update. That should fix the issue.

The profile update also seems to change the band priority back to default.

The profile update also seems to change the band priority back to default.

No no...I was talking basically after you do the ZVA firmware update, check to see if B26 and B41 were automatically enabled.  If not do a Profile and PRL update and then check to see if B26 and B41 are now enabled.  If they now enabled, then do the band priority changes that I outlined.   Any time you do a profile update and PRL update after you change the Band Priorities it will want to default back to B25 first.

• Like 1

should i change mines from 

Band 25: 2

Band: 26: 3

Band: 41: 1

to

B25 = 0

B26 = 0

B41 = 1

?

People always get 

and 

B25 = 0

B26 = 0

B41 = 1

confused.

The 

B25 = 0

B26 = 0

B41 = 1

is only viewable when you "Edit" the Band Priorities.

is only viewable when you "View" the Band Priority.

• Like 1

Just now testing spark update.  When not in an lte area, the debug engineering screen only shows not available, which means you can not check the actual band priority flow on the debug engineering screen.  Can others concur?

I can. If you leave and go back it will tell you what band you are on but you can not see what it searches for first anymore.

Just now testing spark update. When not in an lte area, the debug engineering screen only shows not available, which means you can not check the actual band priority flow on the debug engineering screen. Can others concur?

• Like 1

I can. If you leave and go back it will tell you what band you are on but you can not see what it searches for first anymore.

James2004 seems to confirm that from lte view 25 = 3, 26 = 1, 41 =2 seems to be working in that order.  Do you concur?

Also do you have band 26 LTE?

I will test it then and report back, which may be tomorrow.  Thanks