LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I Know..... I'm just afraid that I'll brick the device. The wait shouldn't be too much longer.

It is nearly impossible to brick these phones, you just have to know how to follow the directions. Manually loading it is simple, just goto Xda LG g2 Sprint section, and head into all about zva thread. Read......

So i just wanted to also add to this as well. Ive noticed as well that by the time that signal check pro alerts me that im on 4g. Its gone. I know im in an area that is not turned on yet, it may be a difficult job get data for Robert and Mike until it stabilizes some. If anyone has a quick fix in the meantime im all ears.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Try putting your phone in LTE only mode. See if you can get a steady connection if you know of any active towers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1st order of business for tonight..

So if you live in a not completely online LTE network such as Seattle, where we are something like 65% NV and 35% LTE on the running list.

What are best recommended/optimal settings for Settings>Roaming>Roaming Mode? I usually toggle between Home only and Automatic to try to see if there are noticeable changes. Thoughts?

Also, More>Wireless & networks>Mobile networks>Network mode ? Again, here I toggle back and forth between LTE/CDMA and Global to see if there are any significant variations. 

Any suggestions.... Thanks

It is nearly impossible to brick these phones, you just have to know how to follow the directions. Manually loading it is simple, just goto Xda LG g2 Sprint section, and head into all about zva thread. Read......

The update downloaded sometime while I was sleeping. It installed this morning. Like many others on this forum, my bands 26 and 41 were disabled. I had to manually enable them. The band priority is 25, 26, 41.

Now all I need to do is activate the G2 and see what its all about.

Also if you messed with the band priority prior to the spark update it will not manually enable the bands and you will have to do it yourself. Thr sprint store bands on spark are the usual 25,26,41 set up on both the g flex and the g2

Also if you messed with the band priority prior to the spark update it will not manually enable the bands and you will have to do it yourself. Thr sprint store bands on spark are the usual 25,26,41 set up on both the g flex and the g2

Good point.  It sounds like a great reason why some people didnt have their LTE bands auto enabled after taking the OTA.  They must have manually enabled B26 or B41 in addition.  Would be nice if someone could confirm if this is true.

Good point.  It sounds like a great reason why some people didnt have their LTE bands auto enabled after taking the OTA.  They must have manually enabled B26 or B41 in addition.  Would be nice if someone could confirm if this is true.

it has to be I updated 2 store g2s and mine and by friends g2 didnt change while they did

I didnt tpuch the band settings until after the spark update when they werent enabled

it has to be I updated 2 store g2s and mine and by friends g2 didnt change while they did

I had manually enabled my bands prior to the update, but then before I applied the update, I disabled Band 41 & band 26.  After the Spark update (only re-booted once), checked & the bands were NOT enabled, so I manually enabled them again.  I had tried finding Band 41 in North Atlanta suburbs (Cumming) prior to the Spark update, but never did.  Happened to be at Walmart last night after the update & was very surprised to see 35-40MBS download speeds.  Checked & found of course I was connected to Band 41!  What great speeds!  

Strange coincidence that I got my Spark LTE at a Walmart Store?   ;)  

• Like 1

I didn't mess with the bands at all before the update. Mine just did not automatically enable. I had to use the MSL and manually enable bands 26 and 41.

This seems like a major software fail. What about those customers that know nothing about the phone, and only know they want spark speeds? They'll be receiving the update, and still have 26/41 locked. This seems like a major csr headache.

Vince

• Like 1

This seems like a major software fail. What about those customers that know nothing about the phone, and only know they want spark speeds? They'll be receiving the update, and still have 26/41 locked. This seems like a major csr headache. Vince

Those were my thoughts exactly. This update does not appear to be reliable at all. Someone who has no phone savvy will be screwed. Possibly not even know that the other bands are not enabled until they notice no speed difference.

This seems like a major software fail. What about those customers that know nothing about the phone, and only know they want spark speeds? They'll be receiving the update, and still have 26/41 locked. This seems like a major csr headache.

Vince

Slightly on the side of overreaction Friday, lol. 

The consumer in general who don't tinker with the device is fine. It appears to be target for the ones who have manipulated their device at any point that are affect for the most part. I myself wasn't aware about this and followed " ericdabbs " step by step instructions on how to get msl and change the band priorities. After the update I did just that and all the bands are enabled 41,25,26 with priority one, so what I'm saying is it's not a software issue but more along the lines of users tinkering with the devices prior to the software installation. 

Another possibility is it could just be as simply as a fluke. 

I updated my wife's G2 and her bands were still disabled as well. Her phone was virgin, never touched with any dial codes. I rebooted it 6 times and did a profile update but still no band 26/41. I checked it again 3 hours later and suddenly they were enabled. I guess they enable when they want to enable kind of how the umbilical cord falls off in its due time.

Another issue I have. No matter how many times I set band 41 to top priority, it always defaults back to number 3 after a period of time. I wonder if Sprint is keeping band 41 on the back burner until they feel enough of the network has coverage?

I updated my wife's G2 and her bands were still disabled as well. Her phone was virgin, never touched with any dial codes. I rebooted it 6 times and did a profile update but still no band 26/41. I checked it again 3 hours later and suddenly they were enabled. I guess they enable when they want to enable kind of how the umbilical cord falls off in its due time.

Another issue I have. No matter how many times I set band 41 to top priority, it always defaults back to number 3 after a period of time. I wonder if Sprint is keeping band 41 on the back burner until they feel enough of the network has coverage?

Maybe Sprint is checking the levels on the 3 bands and making your phone choose the band that is going to work the best at your location? Maybe if you take a drive out of your home area and look again, it may show something different????   Just a thought on my part.