LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I got the update this morning and had to go in and enable the other 2 bands... I restarted several times and no go.  I also fixed the priority so its 41-25-26  Just waiting to be able to go out and see what I pickup around here...

And you are sure you got the ZVA firmware update?  That is weird.  You shouldn't have to manually enable B26 and B41.  Does your bootup animation show up as Sprint Spark?

And you are sure you got the ZVA firmware update?  That is weird.  You shouldn't have to manually enable B26 and B41.  Does your bootup animation show up as Sprint Spark?

I had this same problem.  I just gave up and manually enabled the other two bands.

I had to manually enable the other bands, too. I even rebooted twice and did both a profile update and prl update before I decided I would have to do it myself. I have the Spark splash screen, the icons and it shows ZVA in the software screen. It just never enabled the bands.

However, yesterday I couldn't get band 41 to connect to save my life, but this morning I picked up band 41 automatically during my drive after updating. The Spark update definitely gives the G2 that special something that allows it to connect to sites that refused to connect before.

I received the update this morning as well. I did reboot after the update, but speeds looked the same here at work, I am not in a spark city so did not really expect it. Debug screen showed my lte band as unknown. But then I did a prl update and wow! From 3 down to 30! On band 41.

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes... got the ZVA update and restarted several times... no go until I did it manually 

And you are sure you got the ZVA firmware update?  That is weird.  You shouldn't have to manually enable B26 and B41.  Does your bootup animation show up as Sprint Spark

Yes the spark animation does show up as well

Yes the spark animation does show up as well

Interesting. I guess it worked for some people to not have to manually enable the bands and some do.  Either way you have the steps to do what I stated.

Before you try this you need to get your MSL number.  You can get your MSL number by typing the following dialer code  ##443336772#. Now that you have your MSL number do the following:

1.  On the phone dialer, type ##DATA# (##3282#)

2. Select "LTE" and press "Edit"

3.  Enter your 6 digit MSL number.

4.  Change the following Band Priorities to the following

Band 25 = 0

Band 26 = 0

Band 41 = 1

5. Once you back out of the menu, the phone will automatically reboot.

6. On the phone dialer, type ##DATA# (##3282#)

7. Select "LTE" and press "View"

8. Select "Band Priority" and verify the band priorities are set to 41>25>26.

Wow, followed the steps shown above and all the bands are there & enabled plus set to 1 all across. So I left it that way unless it makes a major difference in performance I'm happy thus far. 

Thanks very much, this is crucial info. 

Before you try this you need to get your MSL number.  You can get your MSL number by typing the following dialer code  ##443336772#. Now that you have your MSL number do the following:

1.  On the phone dialer, type ##DATA# (##3282#)

2. Select "LTE" and press "Edit"

3.  Enter your 6 digit MSL number.

4.  Change the following Band Priorities to the following

Band 25 = 0

Band 26 = 0

Band 41 = 1

5. Once you back out of the menu, the phone will automatically reboot.

6. On the phone dialer, type ##DATA# (##3282#)

7. Select "LTE" and press "View"

8. Select "Band Priority" and verify the band priorities are set to 41>25>26.

I just did the above instructions and I do not see Band 25.....

I see LTE Enable/Disable (Enable), Band26 Enable/Disable (Enable), and Band41 Enable/Disable (Enable)

Does "LTE Enable/Disable" mean Band25? As I do not see anything actually say Band25.

are any of you seeing 'reeeally' slow transitions back to LTE from 3g?

Yea, it's been like this for me for awhile even before the spark update but now even if I'm in the high nineties it will still switch to 3g. It does this when I'm actually using the data most of the time it sits on lte, when I'm not using it

I see LTE Enable/Disable (Enable), Band26 Enable/Disable (Enable), and Band41 Enable/Disable (Enable)

Does "LTE Enable/Disable" mean Band25? As I do not see anything actually say Band25.

Be sure to click on LTE and select " Edit " not view then enter the MSL # and all three bands will pull up. 

* PS. If you select " View " it will only display LTE and two bands. 

Yes "LTE Enable/Disable" means B25.  Not sure why Sprint didn't just spell it out especially if they spelled out Band 26 and Band 41 already.  But since Sprint only uses B25, B26 and B41 for LTE it is B25.

Wow, followed the steps shown above and all the bands are there & enabled plus set to 1 all across. So I left it that way unless it makes a major difference in performance I'm happy thus far. 

Thanks very much, this is crucial info. 

If you leave the default settings of 1 all across it won't hurt your phone and the default settings the phone will search for is 25>26>41.  This means that if you have B25 and B41 LTE in your area, the phone will choose to connect to B25 first over B41 LTE which is a slower LTE carrier since B25 is only a 5x5 currently.  By doing the steps outlined in my post of setting it to 41>25>26, you force the phone to scan for B41 LTE first so that whereever available it connects to very fast "Spark" LTE since B41 uses 20 MHz TD-LTE carriers that can reach 50-60 Mbps.

The thing is though, if you live in a market that is not yet Spark ready or doesn't have any B41 LTE around you, this doesn't really matter.  For me since I live in a Spark market, I want to be using B41 LTE whenever possible since I want fast LTE speeds.

• Like 3

When I connected to band 41 today, my speed was only 19 mbps but when I changed it over to band 25, I hit 29 mbps. I guess maybe backhaul issues are afoot here in St Augustine.

If you leave the default settings of 1 all across it won't hurt your phone and the default settings the phone will search for is 25>26>41.  This means that if you have B25 and B41 LTE in your area, the phone will choose to connect to B25 first over B41 LTE which is a slower LTE carrier since B25 is only a 5x5 currently.  By doing the steps outlined in my post of setting it to 41>25>26, you force the phone to scan for B41 LTE first so that whereever available it connects to very fast "Spark" LTE since B41 uses 20 MHz TD-LTE carriers that can reach 50-60 Mbps.

The thing is though, if you live in a market that is not yet Spark ready or doesn't have any B41 LTE around you, this doesn't really matter.  For me since I live in a Spark market, I want to be using B41 LTE whenever possible since I want fast LTE speeds.

When I connected to band 41 today, my speed was only 19 mbps but when I changed it over to band 25, I hit 29 mbps. I guess maybe backhaul issues are afoot here in St Augustine.

Yes but you know in theory that the 20 MHz TD-LTE carrier from B41 will surpass a 5x5 MHz FDD-LTE carrier from B25 any day if both sides have sufficient backhaul and of course in a good signal area.

Just in-case anyone was curious as I was...  I spoke to a Sprint rep tonight via chat and found out that even though my G2 is currently not activated it still will indeed receive the ZVA update over WiFi. 

I was on chat for another reason and I thought I'd pose the question...

Just in-case anyone was curious as I was... I spoke to a Sprint rep tonight via chat and found out that even though my G2 is currently not activated it still will indeed receive the ZVA update over WiFi.

I was on chat for another reason and I thought I'd pose the question...

Yes, almost any Android phone will update as long as an active Google account is on the device and it has access to check the Internet.

Yes, almost any Android phone will update as long as an active Google account is on the device and it has access to check the Internet.

That's completely awesome.  Shentel will be lighting up 800 LTE here in the Harrisburg area soon.  At that point I will re-activate the G2 and see how Sprint will kick Verizon's butt with their densely populated towers. 

That's completely awesome. Shentel will be lighting up 800 LTE here in the Harrisburg area soon. At that point I will re-activate the G2 and see how Sprint will kick Verizon's butt with their densely populated towers.

I still don't understand why you guys don't just manually apply it. Literally minutes to do. No rooting.. No modding. Never waited for an update on any of my Android devices since day one.

• Like 5

I still don't understand why you guys don't just manually apply it. Literally minutes to do. No rooting.. No modding. Never waited for an update on any of my Android devices since day one.

I Know.....  I'm just afraid that I'll brick the device.  The wait shouldn't be too much longer.

I Know.....  I'm just afraid that I'll brick the device.  The wait shouldn't be too much longer.

If you are afraid it will brick then do not accept the update as the manual method is the same exact method that your phone does when it gets the update.  And since everything is signed, if one bit of the ZIP file is changed the whole process bails and says nope, bad download, not doing it, reboots back to the OS.

• Like 4

Curious to know... I understand I'm not a premier sponsor yet, however I have a question pertaining to how B41 works. This doesn't have to be answered if it dips into premier sponsor territory.

Lets say you're in an area with nothing but 4G only upgrades, but with an active B41 tower nearby. Will triband devices connect? Curious to know if the B41 sites are linked to the existing macro network or if they're seperate

So i just wanted to also add to this as well. Ive noticed as well that by the time that signal check pro alerts me that im on 4g. Its gone. I know im in an area that is not turned on yet, it may be a difficult job get data for Robert and Mike until it stabilizes some. If anyone has a quick fix in the meantime im all ears.