LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

To me, it looks like you must be far away from a tower and it doesn't look like you have any signal. At my school, I have no signal, and the battery dies a lot faster than normal.

You would think that but I am not far from the tower at all.  Now I don't believe any of the towers where I am are at full strength.  I can be outside a concrete open sided parking garage and be at -60 then step inside and have no usable signal.  Now with that said the area I was in during this time was either home, my office and/or driving.  There is no reason I should be seeing that kind of drain in those locations and it is not normal. I sure hope once NV equipment is in that signal strength is at least usable indoors and in locations currently unavailable.  That is the most important part of NV for my purpose.

Must the G2 be activated in order to receive the ZVA update? Since I am currently using my GN3, the G2 is not activated. I expected that I would receive it anyway - just over WiFi, then I would activate when 800 LTE lights up here in HBG.

I've tried to update check while roaming but with Wi-Fi and it tells me that I must be in Sprint coverage to do it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Must the G2 be activated in order to receive the ZVA update?  Since I am currently using my GN3, the G2 is not activated.  I expected that I would receive it anyway - just over WiFi, then I would activate when 800 LTE lights up here in HBG. 

I don't know if it needs to be activated but then I have to wonder if you are using it just as a wifi device without activating the device then how does it know it to push it to you? You might want to ask a Sprint rep here on S4GRU or at a Sprint store to confirm this.  

I've tried to update check while roaming but with Wi-Fi and it tells me that I must be in Sprint coverage to do it.

Ok thanks, so maybe I won't be able to get it until I re-activate the phone.  If that is the case, I'll wait until Shentel turns on 800 LTE here first. 

I don't know if it needs to be activated but then I have to wonder if you are using it just as a wifi device without activating the device then how does it know it to push it to you? You might want to ask a Sprint rep here on S4GRU or at a Sprint store to confirm this.  

The phone was previously activated on November 8th (I used it for a few months), and it still shows up on my Sprint account as a swappable device.  I just assumed since the update uses Google update servers, that the device would be seen by its MEID and updated to Spark.

In the case of my old Verizon Motorola Droid X (deactivated), that I now use as a WiFi MP3 player when I am out cutting the grass, it received an update via WiFi from Verizon last summer. 

Anyone on this forum know if my Sprint LG G2 can receive the ZVA update via WiFi?

I'm really curious.  Thanks!

What is the "issue" you are trying to resolve? *Forget about the PC suite and Mobile support not working, what is the problem OR are you just trying to use the PC suite and support app just to use them??

Yes as originally stated.......

see attachment

LG Softwarfe Issue.PNG

Yes as originally stated.......

see attachment

Right, what are you going to use PC Suite or Support app for? There has got to be a "normal" way to do whatever you are trying to do and that is what I'm trying to figure out.  Is the fact that those two apps/services are not working the PROBLEM or are you trying to solve an actual PROBLEM? 

If it's just that the apps/services don't work, then I can't help ya . 

If there is actually something you were hoping to do with said apps/services, there may be something that I or someone else could possibly help you with. 

Posted Image

I have a question: lately, I've been noticing that triangle next to my signal bars, but only while on a call. Does this indicate roaming? I have a stock g2 with the stock prl. Also, could it think I'm roaming if I'm connected to the new uscc spectrum here in Chicago? Signal check shows Sprint*. I've seen on other threads that when people are roaming on Verizon, it will say Verizon*. Thanks.

JUST FINALLY GOT THE UPDATE!

I turned my G2 on after you mentioned this. Went to update it... Nothing. Then after a few min the notification light started to blink. The update was waiting to be installed!

Wonder if it was patience or persistence?  :lol:​ 

Uploads have definatley increased in power. The g2 was not that great at uploads before sa3a8emy.jpgSent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I don't know about that. I'm still getting around the same speeds, which is faster than yours. I think it just has to do with the amount of people connected to the tower.

Well Sprint in my city over the last month has had lines out the door. So we are seeing the slow down very quickly around here. Even the Ericsson guy said they need more towers around here due to capacity. 800 is almost here though so yay.

I don't know about that. I'm still getting around the same speeds, which is faster than yours. I think it just has to do with the amount of people connected to the tower.