LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Only problem there is that if you are on Everything Shared Data plan and try to add new line, they more than likely will make you do the My Way plan which isn't "as good of a way" as the Everything Shared plans.  Great deal on the phone that, heck of a deal. 

Nope. If you buy online, there are options to either Keep Existing Plan or Change Plan. You do have to re-select the $10 you already pay for data.

I have Everything Shared (which I kept) and I will want to add lines in the future.

Everything shared 3rd line = $20 + $10 unlimited data = $30

Unlimited, My Way 3rd line = $30 + $30 unlimited data (or 1GB data is $20) = $60

Big difference.

Whoops. Just noticed you mentioned adding a new line and not upgrading current.  You can always try it, just don't check out if it makes you change your plan.

Is there any disadvantage of buying it at Best Buy rather than a Sprint store?

I prefer Best Buy for my phone upgrades because I like their insurance plan better, and you can earn reward points to save a few bucks down the road. But Sprint might deliver preorders faster though, who knows until November 8 gets closer..

-Mike

I prefer Best Buy for my phone upgrades because I like their insurance plan better, and you can earn reward points to save a few bucks down the road. But Sprint might deliver preorders faster though, who knows until November 8 gets closer..

-Mike

I like Sprint's insurance plan better because you can just take it into a Sprint store for many repairs. Sometimes you can get a replacement then and there. Geek Squad they have to send it in in all instances and it can take 2 weeks or more to get your phone back. I don't have a backup phone, so that would be awful for me. YMMV.

I like Sprint's insurance plan better because you can just take it into a Sprint store for many repairs. Sometimes you can get a replacement then and there. Geek Squad they have to send it in in all instances and it can take 2 weeks or more to get your phone back. I don't have a backup phone, so that would be awful for me. YMMV.

I had good luck with Sprint's old service plan, the 2 corporate stores near me were always great, usually just swapped out my device if they couldn't fix something within a few minutes.  The one time I needed to take advantage of my Black Tie plan, they gave me a brand new phone on the spot, so I can't complain about that either.

I like taking care of my devices and not having to pay for insurance. $10 per month per line then when something happens you have to pay a huge deductible....scam.

I take care of mine, never smashed a screen or lost a phone.. but it's nice to have that piece of mind anyway.  If the charging port or something else crucial fails just outside of the warranty period, or they hesitate due to root/S-OFF, I'm not stuck.  I never go with a plan that has a deductible, and cancel it once replacements are cheap enough on eBay or I'm only a few months from upgrading.  To me, $9/month is worth knowing the most important electronic gadget (and only phone) in my life is covered.

-Mike

• Like 2

I had good luck with Sprint's old service plan, the 2 corporate stores near me were always great, usually just swapped out my device if they couldn't fix something within a few minutes.  The one time I needed to take advantage of my Black Tie plan, they gave me a brand new phone on the spot, so I can't complain about that either.

I take care of mine, never smashed a screen or lost a phone.. but it's nice to have that piece of mind anyway.  If the charging port or something else crucial fails just outside of the warranty period, or they hesitate due to root/S-OFF, I'm not stuck.  I never go with a plan that has a deductible, and cancel it once replacements are cheap enough on eBay or I'm only a few months from upgrading.  To me, $9/month is worth knowing the most important electronic gadget (and only phone) in my life is covered.

-Mike

Understandable. And I agree Why would I pay $20/month to insure me and my wife's GNex and be charged $100 if something happens. You can get one on Ebay for $80

I like taking care of my devices and not having to pay for insurance. $10 per month per line then when something happens you have to pay a huge deductible....scam.

Don't you have insurance on your vehicle and your home? Don't you have health insurance?  Don't all of them have some sort of deductible?  I wouldn't say its a scam, that's just how it is with most types of insurance.

• Like 1

Don't you have insurance on your vehicle and your home? Don't you have health insurance?  Don't all of them have some sort of deductible?  I wouldn't say its a scam, that's just how it is with most types of insurance.

Most types won't have you completely upside down if you have to use it *after the 1yr mark though. My insurance is to always have at least 1 upgrade available at all times.  :D  (We are pretty good to devices so it works out well)  They are getting pretty sneaky with the ESRP vs TEP these days though as TEP is "required" on some devices (specifically the One) because of high price of replacement/fix since they can't repair in store. I carry ESRP on all devices which you can feel good about paying for in store help.  

A home and an $80 dollar phone is not even apples and rocks..............., more like seconds and light years.

My older autos only have liability coverage, and no collision coverage, because once you do the math, the coverage would quickly outpace the value!

-Mike

That's been my experience with Sprint TEP back when I had an OG Evo, but when I had my Hero with the Geek Squad Black Tie protection they wanted to send it in. I think I ended up fixing it myself because it was a software/ROM issue. I ended up canceling right then and Sprint let me pick up their insurance because it was during open enrollment. Best Buy kept charging me for the Black Tie protection and wouldn't refund me, so I initiated and won a chargeback with my CC.

Only problem there is that if you are on Everything Shared Data plan and try to add new line, they more than likely will make you do the My Way plan which isn't "as good of a way" as the Everything Shared plans.  Great deal on the phone that, heck of a deal.

You're grandfathered in. As long as you don't have more than 5 lines already on the plan.

A home and an $80 dollar phone is not even apples and rocks..............., more like seconds and light years.

My older autos only have liability coverage, and no collision coverage, because once you do the math, the coverage would quickly outpace the value!

I am not talking about the value of whatever is being insured, I am talking about deductibles.  

• Like 1

I am not talking about the value of whatever is being insured, I am talking about deductibles.  

Your deductible should be in relation to the property you are insuring. A vehicle could cost $20,000 and a deductible for it $500. Which is around 2.5% of the value of the vehicle. That is an acceptable deductible. A phone's values is around $700 (or less) and the deductible is $100 or more. Which is 15% That is not right. If the deductible was $20 then sure. The premium is too high as well in relation.

• Like 3

Your deductible should be in relation to the property you are insuring. A vehicle could cost $20,000 and a deductible for it $500. Which is around 2.5% of the value of the vehicle. That is an acceptable deductible. A phone's values is around $700 (or less) and the deductible is $100 or more. Which is 15% That is not right. If the deductible was $20 then sure. The premium is too high as well in relation.

Except that people break their phones far more offten than they wreck their cars. Deductables aren't just relative to the price of the insured item, but also the frequency of claims.

• Like 2

LOL, yeah the driver went on a bathroom break, how convenient.  Seems like an inside job to me.

Except that people break their phones far more offten than they wreck their cars. Deductables aren't just relative to the price of the insured item, but also the frequency of claims.

Hmm.. I beg to differ. It depends on how good or bad of a driver she is.

• Like 1

LOL, yeah the driver went on a bathroom break, how convenient.  Seems like an inside job to me.

Does Sprint insurance cover lost or stolen phones?  :lol:  What's the deductible on that one?

Edited by Calvin200