LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Phone has been great so far besides the lte issue. Camera works great. Good battery life. Dislike the speaker placement, but I was also coming from an HTC One. The buttons on the back were easy to get used to, but with the knock on feature you really don't need to use them often.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

my thoughts exactly

I am waiting for my pre order from Best Buy, its killing me.

So I got the not connecting thing. How do you guys feel about the phone itself after having it for a couple days?

Been great.  For me battery life hasn't been amazing, but it definitely acceptable. Today I listened to podcasts at work over bluetooth for 8 hours or so and was at 23% battery when I left.

Really liking the keys on the back, only downside is when it's in a car dock it's hard to get to the volume buttons.

Coming from a note 2, I haven't even noticed the difference in screen size.  Noticeably smoother than the note 2. 

• Like 3

Really liking the keys on the back, only downside is when it's in a car dock it's hard to get to the volume buttons.

I agree with the car dock issue. Though I do appreciate that they have a setting to allow the home screen in portrait and landscape mode.

I agree with the car dock issue. Though I do appreciate that they have a setting to allow the home screen in portrait and landscape mode.

Car dock is an issue, but I use macrodroid to set the volume all the way up when paired to my car's Bluetooth.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Been great.  For me battery life hasn't been amazing, but it definitely acceptable. Today I listened to podcasts at work over bluetooth for 8 hours or so and was at 23% battery when I left.

Coming from a note 2, I haven't even noticed the difference in screen size.  Noticeably smoother than the note 2.

8 hrs of bluetooth podcasts and 23% remaining seems really good. How does that compare with other devices?

Can't the volume be easily adjusted on the front in that case via the notification shade?

8 hrs of bluetooth podcasts and 23% remaining seems really good. How does that compare with other devices?

Can't the volume be easily adjusted on the front in that case via the notification shade?

My Note Could go 10+ podcasting with some Wifi tethering thrown in for good measure.  Like I said it's still acceptable.

Yeah the volume can be adjusted from the notification area but it's hard to hit such a small target while driving.

Anyone noticed the phone emitting a high pitch sound at time. I didn't notice it until making phone calls but when its quiet I can here it or put the back of the phone to my ear.

Anyone noticed the phone emitting a high pitch sound at time. I didn't notice it until making phone calls but when its quiet I can here it or put the back of the phone to my ear.

no sound here

That high pitched sound is the G2 squealing, "Where is my other half?!  Who's got my back?!"

AJ

• Like 4

That high pitched sound is the G2 squealing, "Where is my other half?! Who's got my back?!"

AJ

haha... You could be right

On another note. Has anyone else noticed the grid layout of pressure points on the screen? Can't recall seeing this on any of the Sammy phones

On another note. Has anyone else noticed the grid layout of pressure points on the screen? Can't recall seeing this on any of the Sammy phones

It's a LG thing. The Optimus G from last year had them also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

What is this?  I didn't notice anything funny about the G2 demo unit at Best Buy, but I haven't used the phone that much.

What is this? I didn't notice anything funny about the G2 demo unit at Best Buy, but I haven't used the phone that much.

I only noticed it outside in sunlight they almost sparkle. I guess its a cheaper touch sensing system. Also dissent appear to be as accurate.. Could be the 1080p I don't know but I'm fat fingering a lot on this phone...especially websites with links near each other

It's a LG thing. The Optimus G from last year had them also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The Nexus 4 has them too. Not visible when viewing the screen with the display on. But if you turn off the screen and twist the device to just the right light reflection you can see these tiny indentations in the screen spread out every half inch or so.

It doesn't detract from the experience at all. It is only visible with the device off. And it's only visible at a viewing angle that you would never use your device.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it won't be on a Sammy because the super amolded screen. 

That grid layout is the digitizer.  It does not consist of "pressure points" -- those would be on a resistive touch screen, not a capacitive touch screen.

Additionally, every touch screen uses a digitizer.  And the LG touch screen is not "cheaper."  If it is anything like last year with the Optimus G, it uses an in cell digitizer, meaning the LCD panel and digitizer are combined into one layer.  Other smartphones and tablets use separate screen and digitizer layers, making those devices thicker.

AJ

• Like 1

This guy that stole the G2's in Indiana and ended up in Louisville definitely has accomplices. Who do you think bonded him out of jail quickly?  

I hope they find whoever is behind the theft and put him or her away.