LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Maybe the promo units they give away at these Sprint training sessions are duds and have issues.  Just kidding.

Any truth to the rumors that they hired Boeing's Dreamliner Product Management team for the roll out of the G2?

All this poor signal talk. I just preordered mine tonight. Please tell me that it will hold a signal better than my gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

All this poor signal talk. I just preordered mine tonight. Please tell me that it will hold a signal better than my gnex.Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Well, it appears that almost everyone who has activated the device so far has had some sort of connectivity issue. The good news might be that since this could be a significant widespread issue, Sprint may have no choice but to find a remedy in short order. Hopefully before November 8th. 2013.

Well, it appears that almost everyone who has activated the device so far has had some sort of connectivity issue. The good news might be that since this could be a significant widespread issue, Sprint may have no choice but to find a remedy in short order. Hopefully before November 8th. 2013.

I thought the problem was remedied when they set the band priority back to normal.

I thought the problem was remedied when they set the band priority back to normal.

It should except we dont know the situation around frcoonhounds phone. I am just going to attribute these early LTE issues with the Sprint system not yet ready to accept these LG sku numbers. I have read that some folks said that their phone had trouble registering in the system which tells me that it is probably still too early. For all we know these issues will all be solved by nov 8th.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Made it to Tremont ave in the bronx. The LG with no case held on to lte better than my HTC one with a tpu case, by 5_7 dbm. Also when my HTC dropped the LG held on. But when I made it to my destination the LG dropped and never connected until I did a reboot. The HTC stayed connected as I arrived, and after.

As opposed to me; I had connection issues from the beginning, before enabling 26 and 41. So there's that.

So I just received my G2 today and I'm sad to report that it's lte reception is absolutely horrible. I currently reside in the Daytona Beach area. I am coming from an HTC One and was able to get perfectly useable signal in my house and around town with zero issues. This handset will not connect to 4g anywhere without toggling data, and even then struggles to maintain signal for more than a minute. I am hoping that they release an update to address the radio issues before launch. Besides the pathetic lte coverage, the phone is great.

In addition,I have not adjusted any of the band class settings.

As Marcellus Wallace would say, "We're pretty f****n' far from okay".

Edited by dParis
  • Like 1

So I just received my G2 today and I'm sad to report that it's lte reception is absolutely horrible. I currently reside in the Daytona Beach area. I am coming from an HTC One and was able to get perfectly useable signal in my house and around town with zero issues. This handset will not connect to 4g anywhere without toggling data, and even then struggles to maintain signal for more than a minute. I am hoping that they release an update to address the radio issues before launch. Besides the pathetic lte coverage, the phone is great.

In addition,I have not adjusted any of the band class settings. I also expected the same issue where I toggled data in a known lte area and received the "unable to establish a wireless data connection"error before the device switched back to 3g.

I know lte signal strength is horrible......Have you tested/compared the call signal strength to your HTC One? Call signal strength? Dropped calls?

So the delayed but first tri-band smartphone to be launched has radio/reception issues?    I am glad Sprint waited to launch as far as they have, beyond other carrier launches.  Folks use to speculate that Verizon's delayed launches were due to more extensive testing than any other carrier.   What we don't know are the issues sprint has worked out thus far to get the G2 in the condition being observed. 

And I want one now ;)

Anybody adb android savvy with a g2? Could you pull the Apn file from their device? It holds all the info for connecting to 41 and 26. The mcc and mnc are in that file.

Run in the command prop with adb in the path

adb pull /system/etc/apn-conf.xml

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Anybody adb android savvy with a g2? Could you pull the Apn file from their device? It holds all the info for connecting to 41 and 26. The mcc and mnc are in that file.

Run in the command prop with adb in the path

adb pull /system/etc/apn-conf.xml

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

It's /system/etc/apns-conf.xml

Enabled Band Class 26 and 41. I set all priority to 1, but when you select view instead of edit it shows the priority as 1 for BC25, 2 for BC26, and 3 for BC41. I'm guessing this is the order the phone searches for lte and this cannot be changed?

Anyways, device is still not connecting to LTE. Was sitting about 300 feet from a known LTE tower and was unable to pick up 4G at all. Toggled data, airplane mode, restarted phone. The phone is also still being very stubborn sending SMS/MMS on my airave at work.

In regards to the launch date, my LG rep stated that the phone has been ready, but it was Sprint's decision to launch a few new tri-band handsets starting on the 8th. I don't know what these other handsets are, but that was his explanation for the delay. 

I'm feeling like I own a corvette with a cobalt engine under the hood. Gotta love our first world problems here at S4GRU

Enabled Band Class 26 and 41. I set all priority to 1, but when you select view instead of edit it shows the priority as 1 for BC25, 2 for BC26, and 3 for BC41. I'm guessing this is the order the phone searches for lte and this cannot be changed?

Anyways, device is still not connecting to LTE. Was sitting about 300 feet from a known LTE tower and was unable to pick up 4G at all. Toggled data, airplane mode, restarted phone. The phone is also still being very stubborn sending SMS/MMS on my airave at work.

In regards to the launch date, my LG rep stated that the phone has been ready, but it was Sprint's decision to launch a few new tri-band handsets starting on the 8th. I don't know what these other handsets are, but that was his explanation for the delay.

I'm feeling like I own a corvette with a cobalt engine under the hood. Gotta love our first world problems here at S4GRU

The gs4 mini is supposedly coming out November and also supposedly a Triband s4

This is just weird behavior because once some others have set the priority to "1", it fixed their LTE problem.  Did you update profile and PRL?  Can you provide screenshots of your "LTE Engineering" in the ##DEBUG# menu and screenshots of SignalCheck when you are trying to connect to LTE.  

Can you also provide screenshots like this below.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4886-lg-g2-users-thread/?p=224954

Lte engineering.......

Operating correctly today?

No, not entirely.  The UL Channel 65535 is a null value (16 bit 1111111111111111).  The DL Channel 8665 is correct, but the UL Channel should be 26665.  Either the engineering screen does not function properly, or that handset is not connected on the uplink.

AJ

• Like 2

Operating correctly today?

last night i switched priority settings to 41-25-26 and it would not connect. I kept getting an can not establish a secure wireless data connection, so i switched it back to 25-26-41. I did not get lte after that until just now. It connected but dropped after 2 minutes. Changing network modes from global to cdma/lte seems to force a connection, butit drops shortly thereafter. For those interested in wifi performance. It seems to be better than my htc one

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

last night i switched priority settings to 41-25-26 and it would not connect. I kept getting an can not establish a secure wireless data connection, so i switched it back to 25-26-41. I did not get lte after that until just now. It connected but dropped after 2 minutes. Changing network modes from global to cdma/lte seems to force a connection, butit drops shortly thereafter. For those interested in wifi performance. It seems to be better than my htc one

I think at this point, most of us are concerned about you getting consistent B25 LTE connection. So I think establishing that baseline first would be more productive. I wouldn't worry at all about setting B41 to first priority since I am sure Sprint has their reasons for not allowing B26 or B41 set as first priority at this point due to the network being so small compared to B25.

If anything after establishing that your LG G2 is not defective and works fine with B25 LTE in a lot of areas in the city, you can try setting 25-41-26 if possible and find out an area where you know only B41 LTE exists and see if it will connect to B41 LTE. We know B26 is going to take a while before any sites get reported so no point of setting it as 2nd priority if not disabled.  At least for now we know of B41 sites that are live and we are just curious if the current firmware will even allow you to connect to B41 LTE.

Once it drops it just won't re-connect at all?

Or does it eventually cycle back around and connect again?

Important announcement:

Anyone else who gets a pre release G2, do not get greedy and muck with the band settings. Live with the default for a few days and report your findings. You will be part of our control group.

AJ

• Like 3