LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I'm sort of new in these parts and I'm not yet caught up on the local sense of humor. Next time can you include some sort of smiley so I know you're pulling our leg?

Wish I was....really like to know if the GPS and or 4g antennas are on the back cover

Lots of dummy entries. That doesn't look clean at all. Phone might not know what entry to use for LTE.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

makes sense. I switched back to default settings this afternoon, not going to play around with bands anymore. Cannot connect to lte at all so far....

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Lots of dummy entries. That doesn't look clean at all. Phone might not know what entry to use for LTE.

I did notice that when I went into the LTE debug menu. I was getting the same error someone else had before. "Cannot connect to data network". It eventually stopped though. I didn't pull the APN from ADB, I rooted then copy and pasted it. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about popping out the SIM card and reinserting. See if that does anything. Should I do it while the phone is on? Anyone have any thoughts?

It shouldn't hurt it. Did they give you a SIM tool to eject the tray? I don't think I got one.

I did notice that when I went into the LTE debug menu. I was getting the same error someone else had before. "Cannot connect to data network". It eventually stopped though. I didn't pull the APN from ADB, I rooted then copy and pasted it. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I was getting an error with all bands enabled. Something about not being able to establish a secure wireless data connection...

Most of the time in the type section for a apn entry it's set to "mms", "default", "hipri" (hi priority), "supl" or "fota". A lot of them just say dummy. Maybe LG uses some magic to do it I don't know. I know htc does magic too because they don't even use a apn file.

It shouldn't hurt it. Did they give you a SIM tool to eject the tray? I don't think I got one.

no tool, going to get MacGyver ish I guess

• Like 1

Important announcement:

Anyone else who gets a pre release G2, do not get greedy and muck with the band settings. Live with the default for a few days and report your findings. You will be part of our control group.

AJ

Also, DO NOT ROOT, control group needs to be as is, out of box or as we'd typically call, "stock".  There have been root methods that screw with pretty essential functions and settings.  :)

I'm finding it a bit scary (I'd say hard to believe but I don't mean that the guy is lying) that someone who "always had" LTE hasn't even seen LTE at all on the G2. Unless the G2 is only in one location and that location was fridge for your "typical" LTE device because the Note 2 is a known beast, best of class as far at RF performance goes. 

Most of the time in the type section for a apn entry it's set to "mms", "default", "hipri" (hi priority), "supl" or "fota". A lot of them just say dummy. Maybe LG uses some magic to do it I don't know. I know htc does magic too because they don't even use a apn file.

HTC does some trickery that takes the PRL 683D version and converts it to a 683E version that has the 310-120 and even the G block listed if I remember right.  It was a year ago I pulled that from the EFS of my old EVO LTE.  There was also a PLMN files.  I think it combined it from the MLPL file but I was never able to find that one in memory.  I will have to go dig around my old files to see if I can find it.

Also, DO NOT ROOT, control group needs to be as is, out of box or as we'd typically call, "stock". There have been root methods that screw with pretty essential functions and settings. :)

I'm finding it a bit scary (I'd say hard to believe but I don't mean that the guy is lying) that someone who "always had" LTE hasn't even seen LTE at all on the G2. Unless the G2 is only in one location and that location was fridge for your "typical" LTE device because the Note 2 is a known beast, best of class as far at RF performance goes.

My root method would have nothing to do with the LTE. I'm a repair tech for Sprint and 2 of my other co-workers are saying they cannot connect at all also.

With all those dummy entries I don't think can. I think your running pre released firmware that wasn't supposed to hit the streets.

So it might not be hardware...just need to wait for the released firmware to drop?