LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Just use that excuse when someone from Sprint comes investigating a missing phone...

I have replaced most of the phones on my account with craigslist phones. Never had an issue before..but first one that wasn't complete

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I have replaced most of the phones on my account with craigslist phones. Never had an issue before..but first one that wasn't complete

I am just kidding. Kind of. I've used craigslist before, too. But generally speaking, a missing back plate, especially on such a new device, is very fishy. When you get a replacement from a manufacturer, it is usually without the back plate. Also, a display model is generally locked by its back plate. It just seems like someone either committed some sort of scam to get a replacement phone shipped from LG or a display got swiped. It doesn't help that the seller didn't disclose this issue with you and instead chose to hide the issue with a case.

I am just kidding. Kind of. I've used craigslist before, too. But generally speaking, a missing back plate, especially on such a new device, is very fishy. When you get a replacement from a manufacturer, it is usually without the back plate. Also, a display model is generally locked by its back plate. It just seems like someone either committed some sort of scam to get a replacement phone shipped from LG or a display got swiped. It doesn't help that the seller didn't disclose this issue with you and instead chose to hide the issue with a case.

Yes and I was a bit excited to get it... Hoping to have tri-band...just verified esn via activating on sprints site....then later taking phone out of case....fail

I have replaced most of the phones on my account with craigslist phones.

Let me guess -- you wear Bad Idea Jeans...

AJ

• Like 2

Just don't want to sign a contract...all but 1 phone is out of contract..if the tri band works I will renew the other 3. But as of now there is no reliable data service where I live..until I can get band 41 to work on this phone to test since ltd conversion of wimax towers near me should be completed end of this year

I may be in the minority here, but I really don't mind being in a contract with Sprint. I guess I am lucky that in Florida, Sprint is "strong like bull". 

• Like 5

When you get a replacement from a manufacturer, it is usually without the back plate. Also, a display model is generally locked by its back plate. It just seems like someone either committed some sort of scam to get a replacement phone shipped from LG or a display got swiped. It doesn't help that the seller didn't disclose this issue with you and instead chose to hide the issue with a case.

The G2s back is supposed to be non-removable. Lg wouldn't ship a replacement without it, chances are its stolen from from a retailer and not reported yet.

• Like 1

I may be in the minority here, but I really don't mind being in a contract with Sprint. I guess I am lucky that in Florida, Sprint is "strong like bull". 

I dont mind either.......though sprint is strong like a fairy here  :wacko:  :wacko:

but band 41 is up and running hard...which is why i want one to try out :angry:  B)

thought i got 1 early, and my rep hooked me up.....turns out it was the optimus G  :td:  :td:  :td:  :td:  :td:

SO i called sprint to get a return kit.....what a range of emotions that was :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

• Like 2

I dont mind either.......though sprint is strong like a fairy here  :wacko:  :wacko:

but band 41 is up and running hard...which is why i want one to try out :angry:  B)

thought i got 1 early, and my rep hooked me up.....turns out it was the optimus G  :td:  :td:  :td:  :td:  :td:

SO i called sprint to get a return kit.....what a range of emotions that was :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Yeah, that would play with my emotions quite a bit as well.

Can't say I like the screen in the sun...you can still see the display well but also shows the touch or pressure zones. They sparkle and its annoying

These days, you always have to check for clean ESN/MEID/IMEI when buying off Craigslist or eBay.

I think people here are ethical. Unfortunately those who sell phones on those online places like Craigslist or eBay, not so much.

Just be careful guys.

• Like 1

These days, you always have to check for clean ESN/MEID/IMEI when buying off Craigslist or eBay.

I think people here are ethical. Unfortunately those who sell phones on those online places like Craigslist or eBay, not so much.

Just be careful guys.

The only way I'm aware of is by trying to activate the device through sprint...mine had no issues with this

The only way I'm aware of is by trying to activate the device through sprint...mine had no issues with this

I have seen people take the phone to a Sprint store, activate, only to have phone shut down later because the "clean" ESN ended up being black listed as stolen days/weeks later. It's risky AND Sprint will wash their hands of any responsibility for sure.

Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

Doesn't connect at all.

mine will, but rarely, i cant figure out why, when it does. Last night i was in a restaurant, my htc one connected as i pulled up to the place and dropped to 3g as i walked in. I was there about 4 hours. About 2 hours in the G2 magically connected and stayed connected until i left.....

mine will, but rarely, i cant figure out why, when it does. Last night i was in a restaurant, my htc one connected as i pulled up to the place and dropped to 3g as i walked in. I was there about 4 hours. About 2 hours in the G2 magically connected and stayed connected until i left.....

You think this is another different type of SIM card that they are slowly activating?

I am waiting for my pre order from Best Buy, its killing me.

So I got the not connecting thing. How do you guys feel about the phone itself after having it for a couple days?

Phone has been great so far besides the lte issue. Camera works great. Good battery life. Dislike the speaker placement, but I was also coming from an HTC One. The buttons on the back were easy to get used to, but with the knock on feature you really don't need to use them often.

• Like 1