LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I have an issue I hope anyone could answer. 

Hello everyone I'm a owner of the G2 since Christmas and although I haven't received the latest update LS980ZVA I'm very content with LS980ZV8 for the exception that voice mail has been hindered by Google Hang Outs.  :unsure: 

The issue at hand is I've been unable to connect with LG PC suite and or LG Mobile Support Tool and have run out of options on what to do next. I've tried going through the steps in support tool and attempted to download the drive but Sprint's model is not listed in the drop down menu and the PC Suit, even after using it's driver re-installation method has not helped. Both software programs have been unable to detect the G2 connection to the PC.  :( 

Please advise on what's my next course of action. Thanks in advance!  ^_^ 

Forgot to post this the other day but our LG rep said there are higher ups around his office that have g2's with kit kat builds on their phone that they're testing out. Hopefully that means kit kat is around the corner for you guys.

Last I read on the update for LG devices to Kit Kat 4.4 was a target date set to start pushing it out around March 2014 time frame which seems to correlate with testing being done as you described. The G2 of course will be the first of the models then the Optimus G & G PRO then after that selected devices. I'm looking forward to that but for now I'm looking out on the software update from LS980ZV8 TO LS980ZVA to fix the issues plaguing voice mail and Google Hang outs. 

Hi All!

Been following the forums ever since I got my G2 in November, and I must say the most informative stuff comes from you guys here so thanks for the constant updates!

FYI I flashed the ZVA update while rooted (on stock) using the Flashify app and it turned out perfect. Just had to re-root using the updated ioroot21 after the update disabled the old root. I'm getting averages into the upper 20mbps download with peaks around 55mbps on multiple tests.The fact that pretty much all of South Florida has Spark coverage, bodes well for all of us down here. I can't think of any way the G2 could get better from here on!

Screenshot_2014-02-04-14-43-31.png?_subj

how do I navigate to ioroot?

ioroot folder is on your computer.

I have an issue I hope anyone could answer. 

Hello everyone I'm a owner of the G2 since Christmas and although I haven't received the latest update LS980ZVA I'm very content with LS980ZV8 for the exception that voice mail has been hindered by Google Hang Outs.  :unsure: 

The issue at hand is I've been unable to connect with LG PC suite and or LG Mobile Support Tool and have run out of options on what to do next. I've tried going through the steps in support tool and attempted to download the drive but Sprint's model is not listed in the drop down menu and the PC Suit, even after using it's driver re-installation method has not helped. Both software programs have been unable to detect the G2 connection to the PC.  :( 

Please advise on what's my next course of action. Thanks in advance!  ^_^ 

What are you trying to use the PC Suite or Support tool to fix? (Hangouts issue with VM can be resolved by NOT using Hangouts as your default SMS/MMS app if you are going to use VVM. 

ioroot folder is on your computer.

What are you trying to use the PC Suite or Support tool to fix? (Hangouts issue with VM can be resolved by NOT using Hangouts as your default SMS/MMS app if you are going to use VVM. 

:o I initially downloaded LG PC Suite and when that didn't work I decided to use LG Mobile Support Tool to correct the issue, neither work, it simply doesn't detect the device when it's connected. I have no issue with the pc itself detecting it so I'm at a loss on what to make of it. :blink: I'm starting to think those two software programs aren't set up to accommodate a new device like the G2:unsure:

IDK

I have done nothing out of the ordinary today but my phone seems to be doing a lot more scanning for signal the last few days and my battery had taken a huge hit.

Posted Image

Initially battery was great on Spark update. Anyone else seeing this. Could network updates be causing the issue?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I have done nothing out of the ordinary today but my phone seems to be doing a lot more scanning for signal the last few days and my battery had taken a huge hit.

azeteqan.jpg

Initially battery was great on Spark update. Anyone else seeing this. Could network updates be causing the issue?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

To me, it looks like you must be far away from a tower and it doesn't look like you have any signal. At my school, I have no signal, and the battery dies a lot faster than normal.

:o I initially downloaded LG PC Suite and when that didn't work I decided to use LG Mobile Support Tool to correct the issue, neither work, it simply doesn't detect the device when it's connected. I have no issue with the pc itself detecting it so I'm at a loss on what to make of it. :blink: I'm starting to think those two software programs aren't set up to accommodate a new device like the G2:unsure:

IDK

What is the "issue" you are trying to resolve? *Forget about the PC suite and Mobile support not working, what is the problem OR are you just trying to use the PC suite and support app just to use them??

I read a few pages back about someone saying the "3G" goes blank, and something about it scanning for 4GLTE.

When the 3G or LTE/Spark ICON go "Blank" it just means that the Connection is Idle and not sending/receiving. The Progression is as follows:

- Sending/Receiving (Active data transfer) (Spark Icon actively spinning, or Circle around 3G Icon spinning.)

- Active (Just finished sending or recieving usually about 5 seconds or so) (Spark Icon not Spinning - No spinning circle around 3G But it's, "Lit Up")

- Idle (Hasn't sent or recievied in 5+ Seconds..) (Spark/LTE or 3G Icon greyed out ((3G Icon gets "Bigger" when it's idle doesn't show the cirle around it)

At least that's what I've noticed on this update.

• Like 1

Not to reopen old wounds, but have there been any recent Spark updates for those waiting for the OTA update? Just curious, it's been a week and a half and still haven't had the update on either my phone or my wife's phone.

• Like 2

Not to reopen old wounds, but have there been any recent Spark updates for those waiting for the OTA update? Just curious, it's been a week and a half and still haven't had the update on either my phone or my wife's phone.

Nada for me in Georgia.

Would they have actually sent it to Spark markets first or am I giving them too much credit...

Mav.  :ninja:

• Like 2

Nada for me in Georgia.

Would they have actually sent it to Spark markets first or am I giving them too much credit...

Mav.   :ninja:

I'm not in an official Spark market and I got it first day. St. Louis does have active B41 towers though

• Like 1

Didn't get it yet.

• Like 1

For this many people not to have the update this far into the update Im starting to believe that they stopped rolling it out for some reason.

• Like 3

Well now I'm scared for my repaired G2.  The EFS partition somehow wiped itself and that was the problem.  LG updated the tracking form and it said that the repair request is now closed and that the unit is being sent back to me.  I contacted them via chat and they said "it seemed to be an issue with the power they swap the main board."  I hope they also reprogrammed the phone, because the issue I thought was my EFS partitions. :S

For this many people not to have the update this far into the update Im starting to believe that they stopped rolling it out for some reason.

That is what I am starting to wonder. The articles I've read from Google support say it is 1% first 48 hours, then 28/50/75/100% from there. It seems like it's been twice that time frame. I can see if it has been most phones are updated and a few are left, but the Sprint forum has doubled in complaints from lack of an update and in this thread, a small percentage received the OTA but most were done through sideloading. The Sprint LG G2 support page still says that ZVA is still the current firmware, though.

• Like 1

When they pull updates they still will leave it on the forum.I wonder what went wrong?

That is what I am starting to wonder. The articles I've read from Google support say it is 1% first 48 hours, then 28/50/75/100% from there. It seems like it's been twice that time frame. I can see if it has been most phones are updated and a few are left, but the Sprint forum has doubled in complaints from lack of an update and in this thread, a small percentage received the OTA but most were done through sideloading. The Sprint LG G2 support page still says that ZVA is still the current firmware, though.

When they pull updates they still will leave it on the forum.I wonder what went wrong?

According to http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest it is still ZVA. If it were pulled and changes were made, wouldn't it show as ZVB?

According to http://device.sprintpcs.com/LG/LS980-SPRINT/latest it is still ZVA. If it were pulled and changes were made, wouldn't it show as ZVB?

No new source code on LG's Open Source page. Maybe there is a delay in the system that is keeping it from being pushed to phones.

• Like 1

We open ourselves up to ridicule for saying this sort of thing, but it's true, using feedback from various web sites, the update has apparently stopped, or paused, rolling out. It's not like there are several million Sprint G2's out there to update. I think what many people are finding irksome is that they bought what was touted as Sprint's first tri-band phone, waited months after the other carriers released it and three months after that, are still not able to enjoy the benefits of the tri-band network, particularly those in "Spark" markets. At this rate, we may get KitKat before Spark - or, should we expect the same laborious rollout for 4.4 as well? :)

Fortunately, the G2 is such a nice device out of the box as it is.

• Like 1

There is no ZVB firmware. There is nothing wrong with the ZVA firmware.  You just have to be patient since it still hasn't been 2 weeks yet and theories of issues with the latest OTA which is why they haven't gotten yet always come up.  

The Spark update will be available to you when it gets to you.  Even for this Spark update, I had to flash back to stock ZV8 just because I wanted the OTA to go smoothly.  Even though I had to reactivate my device, the OTA ZVA update came relatively quick.  I am in Los Angeles though.  Not saying its by location but I still believe that the market size does still play some part in the rollout priority of OTA updates.

• Like 1

There is no ZVB firmware. There is nothing wrong with the ZVA firmware.  You just have to be patient since it still hasn't been 2 weeks yet and theories of issues with the latest OTA which is why they haven't gotten yet always come up.  

The Spark update will be available to you when it gets to you.  Even for this Spark update, I had to flash back to stock ZV8 just because I wanted the OTA to go smoothly.  Even though I had to reactivate my device, the OTA ZVA update came relatively quick.  I am in Los Angeles though.  Not saying its by location but I still believe that the market size does still play some part in the rollout priority of OTA updates.

Must the G2 be activated in order to receive the ZVA update?  Since I am currently using my GN3, the G2 is not activated.  I expected that I would receive it anyway - just over WiFi, then I would activate when 800 LTE lights up here in HBG.