LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Lets get one thing clear. Auto brightness has never been good on the g2. Not before or after the kitkat update.

At least for me it was fine until Kit Kat. I'm trying Lux, is it ok as is, or do I need to do anything in the settings?

Pretty much everything is better after the update except one thing: auto brightness is hosed now. Indoors at night under normal light, the screen gets REAL dark and keeps getting bright, then dimming. The obvious fix is to turn auto brightness off, just wondering if it's a known issue or if there's any workaround. It worked great before Kit kat

Another fantastic auto brightness app that I use is YAAB. Yet Another Auto Brightness. It allows you to set the minimum level that you want the brightness to dim down to. You should give it a try!

• Like 1

At least for me it was fine until Kit Kat. I'm trying Lux, is it ok as is, or do I need to do anything in the settings?

Lux performs pretty well out of the gate. I did some minor brightness linking so it better suits my lighting level specific brightness needs.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Lux performs pretty well out of the gate. I did some minor brightness linking so it better suits my lighting level specific brightness needs.

Agreed, now using Lux pro on both of my main Android devices. :lol:

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Everyone says how great the RF performance is with this phone but mine has been really terrible. At work and at home - places I had a strong LTE signal on my GS4 - I'm stuck on 3G. I do get 1.5 - 2 down on NV 3G but why is this phone's RF performance so awful? I am now rarely on LTE where I used to be over 90% of the time with my GS4. what gives?

Everyone says how great the RF performance is with this phone but mine has been really terrible. At work and at home - places I had a strong LTE signal on my GS4 - I'm stuck on 3G. I do get 1.5 - 2 down on NV 3G but why is this phone's RF performance so awful? I am now rarely on LTE where I used to be over 90% of the time with my GS4. what gives?

Sounds like a CSFB issue. Where do you live? The gs4, assuming it wasn't the newer gs4 triband is a single path radio device.

Sounds like a CSFB issue. Where do you live? The gs4, assuming it wasn't the newer gs4 triband is a single path radio device.

I just picked up G2 and was wondering why I'm not picking up LTE where my GS3 could.  I guess CSFB makes sense, I was holding off on the upgrade, hoping Sprint would release a phone that had separate radios for each function, but I was wrong.

If anyone else is seeing the Android kernel battery drain on gsam I found this recommendation on another site and wanted to pass it along.. I just made these modifications and will report back later to let you know if mine changed any...

"Follow your recommendations on this thread I installed GSam and found Android Kernal was accounting for 60% battery drain. After a bit of digging around on forums Google is indicated to possibly to be the culprit. Therefore I went to google settings via the app and done the following;

Connected apps > disconnected all apps bar mail. This seems to have no negative effects

Location > Turn OFF location reporting. Google play service + low battery use (not sure what this is)

Search and Now > Google now turned OFF, Phone search = no change,

Search and Now > voice> OK Google hotword detection > Turn off (think the phone is always listening for a voice command.

Since doing this last night I can report;

7hrs of phone sleep/standby and only 1-2% battery drain total

8hrs moderate use today and I'm on 71% remaining (massive increase before the changes. That includes out in the fields in low signal areas (I'm a farmer).

Sorry for the essey, hope this helps someone"

Ok so for my first report with battery life after kk and after I didn't want to install it cause my previous kk update on old g2 killed my battery.

So with four hours straight of Pandora and moderate use I was able to get 22 hours out of my first run with kk. I'm very impressed and happy.

Once again I would like to thank my buddy for the great tips.

Also the few of you that have mentioned some idea's. Thanks

• Like 1

Broke down and got G2.  I must say, I'm not too impressed with the way Sprint did their tri-band devices.  The single pathway isn't all that great and G2 stays on 3G where my S3 was staying on LTE.  It also doesn't seem to pick up B41, it has the Spark upgrade and all bands are enabled.  B25 - 1, B26 - 2, B41 - 3.

Broke down and got G2. I must say, I'm not too impressed with the way Sprint did their tri-band devices. The single pathway isn't all that great and G2 stays on 3G where my S3 was staying on LTE. It also doesn't seem to pick up B41, it has the Spark upgrade and all bands are enabled. B25 - 1, B26 - 2, B41 - 3.

Do you have band 41 active where you live?

Sent from my bareback LG G2

Broke down and got G2.  I must say, I'm not too impressed with the way Sprint did their tri-band devices.  The single pathway isn't all that great and G2 stays on 3G where my S3 was staying on LTE.  It also doesn't seem to pick up B41, it has the Spark upgrade and all bands are enabled.  B25 - 1, B26 - 2, B41 - 3.

First thing, The fact that the G2 does not connect to LTE where your S3 does has nothing to do with Tri-band being inferior to single band devices. More than likely what's happening is that eCSFB is not active at that local site. Also, are there band 41 sites enabled in your location? You can confirm this by visiting the premiere sponsor maps.

First thing, The fact that the G2 does not connect to LTE where your S3 does has nothing to do with Tri-band being inferior to single band devices. More than likely what's happening is that eCSFB is not active at that local site. Also, are there band 41 sites enabled in your location? You can confirm this by visiting the premiere sponsor maps.

There are B41 sites around where I live. I drove past one yesterday and my phone was connected to B25, despite B41 being far closer. I'm new to the tri band scene, still trying to figure it all out.

There are B41 sites around where I live. I drove past one yesterday and my phone was connected to B25, despite B41 being far closer. I'm new to the tri band scene, still trying to figure it all out.

You need your msl number in order to change the priority on those bands that way you will connect to 41 first then 25,

You will need to have 26-1 25-0 41-1 that will give you 26-1 41-2 25-3

Unless you do 41-1 25-0 26-0 that will give you priority to band 41 first

I read that it can only be changed thru MSL code, unless there's another way. But, idk which code to use.

I read that it can only be changed thru MSL code, unless there's another way. But, idk which code to use.

If you haven't taken the KK update you can type this in the dialer screen and it will flash across the bottom ##443336772#

You need your msl number in order to change the priority on those bands that way you will connect to 41 first then 25,

You will need to have 26-1 25-0 41-1 that will give you 26-1 41-2 25-3

That isn't completely true. Band priority only tells the phone what band to scan first, the network controls what band you will connect to and be put on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1