Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

Do yall really think the Sprint version will be $349 for full retail? Usually the unlocked version is priced low not the carrier version

hopefully sprint let's us activate from play store

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Here's my conspiracy theory:

The leak on the official site was a mistake, and whoever was testing the new page simply used the price from the Nexus 4 for whatever reason (it was in the template, the guy testing it didn't know the decided price, or the price hadn't yet been decided).  Now everyone assumes that will be the price and Google is scrambling to decide how to price it because they were planning on pricing it higher.  Think about it:  something like $399 is still good compared to other smartphones, and even $449 is fair.  But when everyone's already assuming from an "official leak" that it will be $349, anything more suddenly comes across as overpriced.  So Google has to redo all their pricing calculations with the price leak's effect factored into the equation. 

• Like 1

Well this "sentence"...

Coming to the reasons of this delay, it seems Google and LG, at the moment, are not ready regarding the release of the device i.e. Nexus 5. Moreover, LG is also willing to release G Flex in November-a curved display smartphone featuring Android 4.4 KitKat. So we can expect Google to offer G Flex along with Android 4.4 KitKat and Nexus 5.

... is already wrong. I see absolutely no reason to trust this website at all.

I know, just a conspiracy, but I don't agree with it.

I truly believe 16gb will be $349 (same price as nexus 4 16gb) and 32gb will be $399. Of course, this is only for unlocked through Google. Be prepared to pay more through Sprint.

I expect an announcement later today, 10-28, after seeing what Vic Gundotra has been posting on his Google+ page tonight. :)Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ok so yeah it looks like we will get something from Google today.

What is more likely:

1) full announcement today and ordering can begin on Friday (Nov 1st as per @evleaks)

2) today is just a mention of their Friday Nov 1st announcement

But for 2) why would Vic have trouble sleeping on a Sunday?

Ok so yeah it looks like we will get something from Google today.

What is more likely:

1) full announcement today and ordering can begin on Friday (Nov 1st as per @evleaks)

2) today is just a mention of their Friday Nov 1st announcement

But for 2) why would Vic have trouble sleeping on a Sunday?

Because he is so excited to go back to work on Monday...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

If Sprint does sell the Nexus 5 in stores, I expect they will charge a higher price than through the Play Store so that it would fit into their subsidy/One Up marketing plans.

If Sprint does sell the Nexus 5 in stores, I expect they will charge a higher price than through the Play Store so that it would fit into their subsidy/One Up marketing plans.

Yup, just like T-Mobile did with the Nexus 4 which is BS

Do we think that Sprint will offer the Nexus 5 as a subsidized model?  For me it doesn't make any sense to buy a device at full price when I get it for a subsidized price.  I'm paying the same monthly amount anyway so I might as well use the subsidy.

I want sprint to carry it so I have a warranty for device failure (not drop/crack/spill/lose) and so I can get subsidized pricing.

I also have best buys $50 off offer tied to my line which could knock the price down as low as $150.

Doing that I still have the flexibility to take my n5 to anther carrier, although I would have to reactivate an old phone and keep that line open for 2 years.

Has anyone ever had any luck getting sprint to move up an upgrade eligible date? I'm due on Jan 1st, but I need to buy my next phone before the end of 2013. technically, all I need is for my upgrade date to be moved up one day...

Has anyone ever had any luck getting sprint to move up an upgrade eligible date? I'm due on Jan 1st, but I need to buy my next phone before the end of 2013. technically, all I need is for my upgrade date to be moved up one day...

In the past Sprint was very willing to move my upgrade date up by 3-4 months. They seemed quite happy to do so for long time customers. This was 2 years ago so they may have tightened up under New Sprint.

• Like 1

In the past Sprint was very willing to move my upgrade date up by 3-4 months. They seemed quite happy to do so for long time customers. This was 2 years ago so they may have tightened up under New Sprint.

Thanks, we have multiple lines and have been customers for 10-12 years. I'll give it a go when we know more N5 info.

Don't forget there is also the early upgrade promo (which was on the website for a week or so, but then disappeared when One Up appeared), which may or may not just be the same price as paying the ETF.

I have my upgrade available now. Will be waiting on this one. My wife is ready to ditch the Galaxy S2 and I'm ready to hand down my EVO LTE to her.

What has been the experience so far from LG phone users? Any thoughts on why Google decided to go to LG instead of back to Samsung or HTC?

Sprint used to push ugprades for me in the past, too. 2years+ ago.  Now, they're pretty tight and wont budge.  They used to also be able to upgrade your line if you're within 14 days of your upgrade but I think they removed that, too.  Awhile back I asked if they could push one of my siblings upgrades up one month since it was around ~20 days away and they said it'd cost $100 to push it up so I decided to just wait it out.