Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

We used to see rumors out of nowhere every single day from the tech sites. The invites for the 24th event (tomorrow) went out, supposedly with no hardware reveal, and none of the tech sites write about it? I mean, they were coming up with rumors left and right out of thin air, but here comes Google announcing an event and they all stay quiet? Not even questioning the supposed "no hardware reveal"? Yeah sounds fishy.

I'm sure they'd love the ads revenue by posting about it, which leads me to think they havent posted about it just because they cant...

That is a good point.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I'm sure they'd love the ads revenue by posting about it, which leads me to think they havent posted about it just because they cant...

Sounds plausible. It's gotten a little boring because there are no new leaks or anything. I love reading rumor sites.

And I am surprised that no one has called out whoever said there would be no new hardware. But the more I think about it, the more you make sense.

-Luis

• Like 1

Are there other phones that have been slowed or delayed? In theory it shouldn't be exclusive to Google

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Well, the other phone LG makes (the G2) was delayed when it came to Sprint and there were some issues with limited stock from Verizon I believe. Perhaps this is contributing it it?

I'm thinking there hasn't been speculation about an announcement tomorrow because there's been confirmation from two independent sources that the event is not Nexus-related. Sure, many of these rumor sites want traffic no matter what, but when you lose all credibility by totally making stuff up, you eventually lose traffic as well. Am I to take it that you think the lack of rumors regarding an announcement tomorrow is evidence that it will be unveiled!? I would attribute the lack of rumors generally in the last few days to the fact that there's almost nothing left to reveal...

Any claim of production delays is baseless speculation at this point.

We're all anxious, but there's no reason to believe this phone isn't being released precisely on schedule. Don't forget the Nexus 4 was announced at the very end of October and first available in mid-November...

Why do people think the Nexus 5 is being delayed?  Google probably had an internal date they had all along and in their eyes it is not delayed.  Just because there were rumors about an Oct 15th announcement doesn't mean that every day after Oct 15th means it is delayed.  Those rumors were just baseless speculation and the fact that tech blogs didn't get invites to a Google event at least a week before Oct 15th was enough of a clue that nothing was to be expected on Oct 15th.

Besides there was talk about an Amazon reviewer that said he had a NDA which said he can't talk about the Nexus 5 until Oct 25th which tells me that the phone has always meant to be announced after Oct 25th.  I am guessing we will hear something about the Nexus 5 within the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Okay I'm going to add a little fuel to the fire and say November 11th is the release day. Not sure about an announcement. Check out the time on the tablet towards the end of the video.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Only today will tell what Google really has in store for us.

Anyone know at what time the even will take place? Or anywhere to livestream it? :D

-Luis

I would just watch TWiT TV I'm sure they will be doing live coverage. Maybe the Verge too? Since Google announced the Nexus 4 last year through an exclusive The Verge interview, after the hurricane in New York, who knows.

Wrong icons and status bar if all of the Nexus 5 are to be believed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

And is has the Nexus 5 "5" wallpaper. Yea......no, completely fake.

Doesn't look like a hardware announcement.

That said, what are the smaller devices pictured here? Nexus 4s?

Posted Image

Ya probably for Android and Play Music.