Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

Wait, the rumors are saying it's coming out Friday, 11/1. Why are people talking about buying it tomorrow? I hope it winds up being tomorrow too, but I'm expecting Friday...

Most likely because of Google's Facebook post, hinting at something. Or maybe just messing with us. Who knows. There's also that Google hinted way back that everything was expected to hit in October... so only one day left for that.

Most likely because of Google's Facebook post, hinting at something. Or maybe just messing with us. Who knows. There's also that Google hinted way back that everything was expected to hit in October... so only one day left for that.

I saw the Google Facebook post, but it didn't strike me as a hint at anything other than seasonal advertising. People are reading way too far into everything. What was the hinting they did way back regarding October?

I saw the Google Facebook post, but it didn't strike me as a hint at anything other than seasonal advertising. People are reading way too far into everything. What was the hinting they did way back regarding October?

This among others I can't seem to dig up in a quick search.

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/09/19/android-4-4-will-be-available-in-october-claims-kitkat-germany-s-official-facebook-page/

Eh, a one-off posting on the KitKat (candy) Germany Facebook page (specifically talking about the KitKat OS, not the Nexus)...? That's a bit of a reach...

I mean, I'll have my fingers crossed, but the signs are pointing to 11/1.

Ehh...i hate it when people reference what they heard about a certain UI skin as fact. To me if someone doesnt have the willingness to try the ui skin personally and form an opinion on their own, those comments are just useless to me. Like you i have read a TON of reviews about the lg ui skin calling it utter crap or worse than touchwiz and i was curious myself. All i do with tech reviews comments (positive or negative) is use them as things to look out for....NOT let them base my opinion off of someone else. I did try the lg g2 personally at att and verizon stores and with all honesty, it is not as bad as people make it out to be.

IMO the lg ui skin is exactly like touchwiz except less colorful. Like i said if you dont believe, try it yourself and you will be very surprised at how lg has tried to implement their ui skin to be similar to touchwiz. To me i have no major issues with the lg ui skin but just some small minor ones....more like personal nuisances that maybe others would not care about.

Now back to the extra gimmicky stuff that burn battery. First of all, gimmicks like smart video or scroll are not enabled by default extra net battery drain is zero. Also like i said in my other post most of this stuff can be removed or disabled. There are plenty of debloated stock roms available for flash that remove the unnecessary carrier and lg junk such as carrier iq that drain battery for att customers. Sure you need to be rooted to be able to flash these debloated roms but that is always the expectation with android phones and to open it up for customization.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ehh...my opinions on LG software were based on those of professional reviewers that I trust, nothing more. I don't have time to spend testing each and every device, they seem un biased and point out the good and bad, I form opinions based on what I want and need from there.

Glad you like the G2, I hope you enjoy it. Not my style, nor anyone's thats looking for a nexus device. 

Can we get back to the delicious news that the N5 will be announced tomorrow and away from the N5 vs G2?

Ehh...my opinions on LG software were based on those of professional reviewers that I trust, nothing more. I don't have time to spend testing each and every device, they seem un biased and point out the good and bad, I form opinions based on what I want and need from there.

Glad you like the G2, I hope you enjoy it. Not my style, nor anyone's thats looking for a nexus device.

Can we get back to the delicious news that the N5 will be announced tomorrow and away from the N5 vs G2?

Everyone is entitled to their phone of choice. My point is that people shouldnt judge things based on what they hear instead of trying it for yourself. Think about a car you would purchase. You wouldnt just buy a car based on reviews you have read but instead would take it for a test drive to see what the critics say bother you. Had you had stated that you tried the lg g2 and the lg ui skin was just not for you then that would be the end of it. My original post all along simply was to say the lg bloatware that can be removed or turned off does not equate to an extra 700 mah.

Also tech reviewers do have their biases...believe me. If they didnt they wouldnt always be comparing to what they like on other phones and how they wish those features were on this phone they are reviewing to make it the "perfect" phone.

Back to the N5...who knows when this thing will come out.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Certainly nobody has to agree with me, but I've had my hands on the AT&T model, and I own a LG phone already. I also said I was monetizing the bloatware at 700mAH, to each their own. I also have very little desire to root the phone, I barely want to touch the engineering screens more than to be curious and sniff around/post screenshots for the benefit of the forum. If sprint won't activate phones purchased through the play store because they plan to sell their own version, we'll all have a chance to put our hands on both in a store. 

I thought the Next 5 was supposed to be physically smaller than the Nexus 4, but according to this, it's actually a shade longer than a Galaxy S4.  Bummer.  I'm hoping for something that's more the size of my Evo 4G, but it seems like anything with a sub 5" screen doesn't have top to the line CPU's. Aargh!

if you go to sprint.com/nexus you get redirected to the home page. Any other url thats is not valid gives you a 404 error. Refresshing every min. I've got my sprint and play store basis covered lol

• Like 1

Someone create a script to auto refresh so S4GRU can scoop the release.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Done =D

i use a chrome extension called "page monitor" its set to check every 30 secs